Deer Rifles!

A general discussion area for turkey hunters.
CamoMan4025
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Deer Rifles!

Post by CamoMan4025 »

Well, I have a Weatherby 257 Weatherby Mag. I bought a Remington 700 ADL 270 a couple months ago from a buddy at at great price. I needed a new scope since I got a new gun. I got a new Nikon Prostaff 4X12X40. I ended up putting the new scope on my Weatherby and taking my Leupold 3X9X40 off the Weatherby and put it on the new 270. I got everything mounted up tonight and now just waiting to site them in. I gotta make contact with VAHUNTER and a couple other buddies and set a day at the bench!

I know this insn't turkey talk, but I'm bored and excited :cheers:

Kevin
"God, Guts & High Explosives"
ICDEDTURKES
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Re: Deer Rifles!

Post by ICDEDTURKES »

That 257 is one bad weapon for whitetails
Roy

Post by Roy »

no doubt. my dad has a 270 wby mag old school and my grandpa has a 300. both very old and heavy. i mean heavy. man is the wby ammo expensive or what kevin? awesome guns. i saw a wby double barrell side by side shotgun at a gun show one time. a very cool looking gun. just too pricey.
" Y'all keep discussing it among yourselves...I'm sneakin' in to pop the noisy one. " - Stinky J Picklestein
Gobbler
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Gobbler »

I have always wanted a 270. I do love the old Remington 308 I bought back 22 years ago. Only thing I have ever done to it was to put a Zeis scope on it 8 years ago. It really helped my ability to see in low light. But the scope is worth way more than the gun. :D
CamoMan4025
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by CamoMan4025 »

I got a good deal on the Weatherby, it is a tad bit heavy and yes, ammo is crazy. I had a guy reload me two boxes a couple years ago and still have some. Hopefully I will have enough to get it tuned in since I switched scopes. I have always loved the 270, didn't really need another deer rifle, but the deal was too good to pass up. If it doesn't shoot, I can sell it and make $100 easy.

Kevin
ICDEDTURKES
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by ICDEDTURKES »

CamoMan4025 wrote:I got a good deal on the Weatherby, it is a tad bit heavy and yes, ammo is crazy. I had a guy reload me two boxes a couple years ago and still have some. Hopefully I will have enough to get it tuned in since I switched scopes. I have always loved the 270, didn't really need another deer rifle, but the deal was too good to pass up. If it doesn't shoot, I can sell it and make $100 easy.

Kevin
What ammo iz you gonna try
devastator
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by devastator »

very good caliber.my buddy used to use a 257 weatherby and it was nasty on them.
CamoMan4025
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by CamoMan4025 »

I had reloaded some Nosler Accubond 110 grain.
loner

Post by loner »

.i have two wbys.a 300wby mag and a 30-06.never had a wby 257 but it has a reputation.have taken many deer with plain ol 270.i have learned over the years that a quality scope is a must.i bought a leupold 3.5x10 x40 vari-x III in'88 and it has never had a problem.
.just a retired old man who still believes in morals,ethics,sportsmanship and common courtesy.

Return to “Gobbler Talk”