How Veterans are Treated

A general discussion area for turkey hunters.
Turkey Talker
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

How Veterans are Treated

Post by Turkey Talker »

I am in College. Have been for a long time.
I also get Post 9-11 GI BILL benefits for serving in Iraq and Afghanistan from 2001 to 2005.

Anyways, its been 5 months since I have received any money from these pricks..
They said a person in Training lost my paperwork that i filed a long time ago.
You call these people and you sit on hold for 3 hours before you speak to anyone, then they hang up on you
so you have to call back and start all over again. I have been off and on the phone with the V.A. for about 2 months and still i cannot get anywhere. THIS SUCKS!

Last time i went to the V.A. hospital i watched a 65 year old male die of a heart attack in the E.R. waiting room. WE WERE WAITING THERE FOR 7 HOURS!!!!! Dude was complaining of horrible chest pains and they did nothing for him.
its like the never ending story with these scumbags.
Hoobilly
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Re: How Veterans are Treated

Post by Hoobilly »

I got a high skewl friend who just arrived from Fort Drum to Atterbury....he told me to tell another of my friends to call him after his tour in ghanistan is over....so that he can show him the ropes on the VA and his benefits.

Phil told me the system is a joke...and you have to play the system and know the right person to get the correct benefits and help.

sorry for your pain in dealing with idiots!
Don't start none, won't be none!

https://foxtrotammo.com/
Roy

Post by Roy »

figures. man i dont want to ruff feathers or anything, but i dont think that people really care. i think that people think that guys sign up for the military and it is their job to go to war and whatever they are told to do. i think people think that it was their choice to sign up and therefor it is what it is. now vietnam is looked at differently b/c of the draft. im just saying what ive heard people say and discuss. im just being honest.
" Y'all keep discussing it among yourselves...I'm sneakin' in to pop the noisy one. " - Stinky J Picklestein
Jaybird
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Jaybird »

Some newspaper would love to do a featured article on something like that. Make a call, and that should speed up things a bit.
ImageImageImage
Turkey Talker
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Turkey Talker »

Roy wrote:figures. man i dont want to ruff feathers or anything, but i dont think that people really care. i think that people think that guys sign up for the military and it is their job to go to war and whatever they are told to do. i think people think that it was their choice to sign up and therefor it is what it is. now vietnam is looked at differently b/c of the draft. im just saying what ive heard people say and discuss. im just being honest.

Problem is, when you sign up and go to boot camp, you have an option to get the g.i. bill or not. I signed up for it. I paid 100 dollars a month for 12 months for it. it is like signing up for insurance or the 401k or stocks and bonds for your company.
Problem with it, is that they cannot follow through with their promises. :violent1:

Its not that i am saying that "Since i served my country and did my time, i should get hand-outs".....I am not that way at all and i do not believe in a system that promotes that crap either. I paid into this garbage.
Roy

Post by Roy »

yeah now that i think about it my post was way off the topic. sorry about that :drunken: . see i also didnt know that u guys pay into that. maybe make a call to your congressman's office. that is exactly what i would do. make that call. its your money.
" Y'all keep discussing it among yourselves...I'm sneakin' in to pop the noisy one. " - Stinky J Picklestein

Return to “Gobbler Talk”