The new me

A general discussion area for turkey hunters.
Jaybird
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

The new me

Post by Jaybird »

Last year around 213 with my Kansas Tom.
Today on my deck at 173.
Only issue is along with the weight loss, lost some muscle. Will have to get motivated and get my butt back in the gym and hit the weights. The Kansas picture motivated me to get serious about losing the weight. Just didn't realize how heavy I had gotten. Started 3 months before Turkey season in January with strictly cardio, no weights. Went into Turkey season at 191, from 213, came out of Turkey season at 182, and had my teeth yanked. Haven't been able to handle chewing solid food well, and have been eating real light. Now at 173, I have a very small appetite, and don't really crave food anymore. Had my yearly physical, and the doc was blown away. Diabetes, high chloestrol, are normal. Blood pressure still a bit high on top end, but that's it. All my motitation comes from my love of Turkey Hunting, since at 64 I know my days were numbered in the field unless I got in the shape needed to handle the job. I don't see maintaining my current weight an issue, since I don't have much of an appetite.
ImageImageImage
Gobbler
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Re: The new me

Post by Gobbler »

Good for you Jay. Get in shape and lift weights so you can carry my gear to where we are hunting. :lol: :lol:
Turkey Talker
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Turkey Talker »

pic updates!!
Jaybird
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Jaybird »

Still at 161, but being I now have a great cook for a lady, I monitor at a daily basis with weigh ins, and if it starts to go up, I knock it down. Wanted to start hitting the gym, but really buried in home remodeling projects, so that's not happening. Hadn't done squat on the house in 8 years, and being I want to get her moved in, I'm working hard to get it done before Spring Turkey. However, this Sunday suppose to be nice, so screw it, we're going fishing. :thumbright:
ImageImageImage
ICDEDTURKES
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by ICDEDTURKES »

Good for you Jay that is awesome to hear..
Ticeman

Post by Ticeman »

Good job outta you Jay, you ain't any better lookin, but you have to feel better!

:salute:
Stinky J Picklestein
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Stinky J Picklestein »

Nice work! Hit the weights and stop looking at the dang scale...that's only useful if you're competing on The Biggest Loser. Better yet, come join my classes at Farrell's. We'll pack a lot of lean muscle on ya, and your skinny clothes will still fit. :thumbup:

On second thought, you way wanna get some new skinny clothes. :lol:
Jaybird
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Jaybird »

Stinky J Picklestein wrote:Nice work! Hit the weights and stop looking at the dang scale...that's only useful if you're competing on The Biggest Loser. Better yet, come join my classes at Farrell's. We'll pack a lot of lean muscle on ya, and your skinny clothes will still fit. :thumbup:

On second thought, you way wanna get some new skinny clothes. :lol:
Dang straight on the clothes. When you had a closet of 38/40 waist/xl clothes, and now 33/34 waist/lg size, selection is a bit grim. :D
ImageImageImage
timbrhuntr
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by timbrhuntr »

Awesome Jay but just remember, "It's not how you feel, it's how you look, and YOU LOOK MARVELOUS!!!"

Return to “Gobbler Talk”