turkey hunting apparel

A general discussion area for turkey hunters.
Tidewater Tom

turkey hunting apparel

Post by Tidewater Tom »

Each year at the end of turkey season I evaluate what I did and how I can make improvements for next year. I know it's a little odd, but this time I want to change how I dress when I go turkey hunting. I've got 3 things I'm looking for listed below. I'm into whatever. Bibs, coveralls, chaps, shirts, pants, jackets, hoodies...

1. Turkey hunting apparel for cold mornings.
2. Need something relatively briar proof or briar resistant.
3. No-brainer, go-to, comfortable turkey hunting clothes that most folks like.

The briar issue is mainly because my son and I wear leafy camo. If you want a tangled mess, getting stuck in briars, and carrying half of the briars back to the truck stuck to your clothes then leafy "3D" camo is for you. Main thing I liked about it was that I could spray it down with permethrin and wear it over anything else I was wearing, including work clothes. Personally I just push through briars with reckless abandon and my skin looks like I've been in several physical confrontations with bobcats and lost. It's not the pain, blood and scratches for me, it's the getting tangled up, caught and snagged. My son is completely briar averse and the leafy camo just exacerbates it.

Stuff is going on sale soon and I'd like to take advantage of it.

Thanks!
brobi9

Re: turkey hunting apparel

Post by brobi9 »

I wear wrangler outdoor pants and academy brand pfg style shirts. I’ll add a layer depending how cold it is, but I always have those on.
CamoMan4025
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by CamoMan4025 »

My go to pants are Ol Tom Technical pants in MO Obsession. I wear these for Turkey and deer hunting. These are the quietest plants I've ever had.
"God, Guts & High Explosives"
Hobbes_mobile
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Hobbes_mobile »

I don't wear anything special for turkey hunting. A pair of military pants given to me, a Walmart polyester mossy oak shirt that I bought on clearance and a fleece long sleeve T-shirt that I bought 15 or so years ago.

Elk hunting is a different story. I typically wear several Sitka pieces combined with a few cheaper items. None of the elk gear is cotton.
HartClemson99

Post by HartClemson99 »

Here is a 50% off discount code on NOMAD, just go to nomadoutdoor.com and enter this code:

JHVIP50

It’s works for our sister company as well:
Hukgear.com

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Hobbes_mobile
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Hobbes_mobile »

HartClemson99 wrote: May 12th, 2020, 5:57 am Here is a 50% off discount code on NOMAD, just go to nomadoutdoor.com and enter this code:

JHVIP50

It’s works for our sister company as well:
Hukgear.com

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Now that sounds like my kind of deal!!

Return to “Gobbler Talk”