OnX

A general discussion area for turkey hunters.
Turkinator
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

OnX

Post by Turkinator »

I’m wanting to upgrade my onX account. It seems like there was a discount code being offered, does anyone know what it was?
DD

Re: OnX

Post by DD »

THP, for The Hunting Public. 20% off, did mine a few days ago.
Turkinator
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Turkinator »

DD wrote: February 25th, 2020, 10:30 am THP, for The Hunting Public. 20% off, did mine a few days ago.
Thanks!!!!!
GLS
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by GLS »

I guess this is as good as any to write of this. My offline maps wouldn't show my location with the blue dot. Customer service gave me a couple of things to try including turning off "battery saver" which was the issue. Gil
CamoMan4025
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by CamoMan4025 »

Gil,

What do you mean, "turn off the battery saver". Is that a feature on your phone or on the OnX app? If you could further explain that would be great.

Kevin
"God, Guts & High Explosives"
Dtrkyman

Post by Dtrkyman »

Discount codes are typically for new subscriptions. Call em and they may honor it?
GLS
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by GLS »

"Both iOS and Android phones offer a power-saving mode that automatically adjusts your settings to use the least amount of juice needed to operate. Low Power Mode shuts down all nonessential features. ... Android's power-saving mode is also accessible via the settings"
Turkinator
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Turkinator »

Got a great deal on my upgrade! Just had to call them!
Realwarrior

Post by Realwarrior »

I have OnX and like it but I also like Basecamp which is alot cheaper, for those that can't afford OnX. It seems as most of the features are gathered from the same sources. Another cost conscious app for those hunting Public Lands is US Topo Maps, with the FS maps layer turned on.
Even with OnX and Basecamp, in my county (Sorry PVA office) the private property boundaries are not, at all, accurate, but the FS maps showing the difference between Public and Private land is.
deerhunt1988

Post by deerhunt1988 »

Gaia is also another cheaper alternative that is every bit as good as OnX and only $40 for a year subscription. I have both and actually prefer Gaia.

Return to “Gobbler Talk”