Burris speed bead

A general discussion area for turkey hunters.
JMapple

Burris speed bead

Post by JMapple »

Anyone have experience with a Burris speed bead? Input would help thank you
Cut N Run

Re: Burris speed bead

Post by Cut N Run »

I've had one on my SBE II for several years. Love it. I wasn't wild about having the receiver drilled & tapped. The Speed Bead brings the sight closer to my eye and doesn't affect the balance of the gun. I wish Burris made one for a 20 ga. 870.

Jim
Hoobilly
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Hoobilly »

Cut N Run wrote: January 26th, 2020, 7:17 pm I've had one on my SBE II for several years. Love it. I wasn't wild about having the receiver drilled & tapped. The Speed Bead brings the sight closer to my eye and doesn't affect the balance of the gun. I wish Burris made one for a 20 ga. 870.

Jim
Make l e out of a 12ga speed bead

I’ve read where a couple others have done that
Don't start none, won't be none!

https://foxtrotammo.com/
toasty

Post by toasty »

I love mine and use it every spring. I take it off in the fall. Here is a thread about customizing a speed bead for a 28ga UL. Lots of threads on here if you search.
viewtopic.php?p=190969
Magdump

Post by Magdump »

I have had Speed Beads on 2 shotguns for many years. Super tough product that has not failed me yet. Fact is though, any red dot you stick on a gun is going to make getting good hits much easier. I am running an Aimpoint T2 on a Browning Cynergy Ultimate Turkey and what an easy to use combination!
PALongspur

Post by PALongspur »

Does anyone run theirs without the set screw?

I used one on my M2 20 gauge last year with zero issues. I do think doing away with the set screw would make it a lot easier to remove and put back in place without removing the sight from the mount.
turkeyinstrut
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by turkeyinstrut »

My guess is if you didn't use the set screw it wouldn't hold zero very well, JMHO.
toasty

Post by toasty »

PALongspur wrote: January 30th, 2020, 3:07 pm Does anyone run theirs without the set screw?

I used one on my M2 20 gauge last year with zero issues. I do think doing away with the set screw would make it a lot easier to remove and put back in place without removing the sight from the mount.
I used the set screw and dropped the gun and had a hard time getting it to stay zeroed. Removed the set screw and problem solved. Last 2 years without the set screw, mine has worked better. Not needed IMO.

Return to “Gobbler Talk”