Potential Turkey Predator

A general discussion area for turkey hunters.
GLS
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Potential Turkey Predator

Post by GLS »

Hope they can get rid of this egg eating lizard:
https://www.savannahnow.com/news/201903 ... th-georgia
Grumpy
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Re: Potential Turkey Predator

Post by Grumpy »

People are nuts and if caught with one it should be a mandatory 10 yrs. in prison, these invasive species are wiping us out all over the U.S. In the air and on the ground.
I was not his father but he was my son,,MAK IV, 10-15-1993 - 4-22-2007
"Rest in Peace my Little Buddy"
Hoobilly
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Hoobilly »

Killm and grillm! Lizard on a stick?
Don't start none, won't be none!

https://foxtrotammo.com/
guesswho
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by guesswho »

I saw a lizard about 5 feet long in the Green Swamp WMA in Florida about 40 years ago. It ran down the road towards my Jeep and then cut off to the side of the road into the woods. My cousin from Weat Virginia was with me. At first I thought a small gator, but nope, lizard for sure. After that my cousin wasn't to thrilled about about getting out of the jeep. Between the lizards and pythons they about about ruined the glades.
Double Naught Spy!
RCD's Owner----------------Badonka Deke Prostaff
MoHo's Prostaff-------------Lighter Than HTL Shooter
The Storm Whistle Prostaff
Official Member Of The Unofficial Firedup Turkey Calls Prostaff
Swampstalk

Post by Swampstalk »

Now you're talkin! Miami International Airport and Port Miami are ground central for invasive introductions from everywhere. While in Extension we used to say, "It's a pest of the month" in the Miami area. Insects, plant diseases, mammals, inverts, reptiles, fish! You name it.

I do some volunteer work in Everglades National Park educating school kids about ecology issues, including invasive critters. Two species of tegus are present here, the Black and White and the Green and Gold. They are very intelligent, make great pets. As with iguanas, which we have as well, owners sometimes can't or don't want to keep them anymore so they release them. The been outbreak in deep South Florida is from an importer that decided it was cheaper to just release them here and trap them. The guy sells them online all over the place. As noted in the Georgia piece they eat eggs, bird, turtle, alligator, crocs, and turkeys if they are around. One can't outrun one of them if you tried, they are fast as anything. Chicken eggs in a Hav-A-Heart trap could work. Then you need to put them down. Pellet in the ear works. Not sure I'd eat one, down here we have an issue with methyl mercury in fish and aquatic plants.

Just wished the pythons would eat them and the iguanas. I fully agree with Grumpy on this one!
Don

Return to “Gobbler Talk”