A controversial subject.

A general discussion area for turkey hunters.
BoxCall@68

A controversial subject.

Post by BoxCall@68 »

I've bowhunted since 1972.deer and turkeys and some shotgun throwed in.well did a short stint on the leather wall site till I got banned for giving my opinion..well I'm asking is this big division about the so called trad bowhunters versus the compound bowhunters claiming the trad hunters are superior is really killing the bow hunting community.I really can't stand the holier than thou of these so called trad clowns.
MKW
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Re: A controversial subject.

Post by MKW »

So, by traditional, do you mean instinctive shooting with no sights with a longbow or recurve????
Ultimate Predator
BoxCall@68

Post by BoxCall@68 »

Yea ,totally a,real expert no sights and totally a real expert aiming and real killing shot B.S. expert.just no use for these expert clowns.
howl
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by howl »

Using a compound is like sniping a turkey at 70 yards with a ten gauge full of TSS. You'll never guess what kinda bow I shoot...

Really, though, shooting a compound got boring quickly. That's why I switched to trad.
BoxCall@68

Post by BoxCall@68 »

Yea a so called trad bowhunter is a real badge of hunting.doesent impress me in the least.i bowhunt,all the bells and whistles of trying to summon support for a look at me trad bowhunter doesn't do it for me.we bow hunt,I don't want a big look at me I shoot a so called trad bow.flame if ya want.
MKW
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by MKW »

I wouldn't go so far as to say that one style is better than the other, but it most certainly takes more skill to shoot(and kill) instinctively. Surely, you know that.
Just different thought processes about what folks want out of their hunting experiences. Some folks want all the advantages that they can get(like blind&decoy turkey hunters) and some want the challenge to be a little greater.
If what those traditional guys said to you didn't strike a little nerve, you wouldn't be bringing it up on here.
Ultimate Predator
crow

Post by crow »

BoxCall@68 wrote: August 24th, 2019, 4:15 pm Yea ,totally a,real expert no sights and totally a real expert aiming and real killing shot B.S. expert.just no use for these expert clowns.

Wow, hostile

So is this how you feel about turkey hunters that sits up against a tree with no blind or decoys with just a bead on their gun and call up turkeys?
CamoMan4025
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by CamoMan4025 »

Well, I'm no rocket scientist, but I have a feeling that this could go downhill fast. I agree with what MKW said....basically to each their own. Use what you want, what you like and what's legal. If you don't agree with someone else and their methods, oh well. Hunt the way you want to and move on.
"God, Guts & High Explosives"
Hoobilly
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Hoobilly »

I love bow hunting. But there’s a lot of bow hunters who think they are the shizzle and think they are better at everything. I 😆 when they tell me that they bow hunt through gun season. One time I watched a monster 8 point at 120 yards go past me to the hot doe and small bucks chasing her. I thought man I wish it was fun season. At that revelation I thought that it’s crazy to sit with a bow during gun season. I have taken my bow with me during muzzleloader season.
Don't start none, won't be none!

https://foxtrotammo.com/
MKW
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by MKW »

hoobilly wrote: August 24th, 2019, 4:57 pm I love bow hunting. But there’s a lot of bow hunters who think they are the shizzle and think they are better at everything. I 😆 when they tell me that they bow hunt through gun season. One time I watched a monster 8 point at 120 yards go past me to the hot doe and small bucks chasing her. I thought man I wish it was fun season. At that revelation I thought that it’s crazy to sit with a bow during gun season. I have taken my bow with me during muzzleloader season.
You mean you can't shoot 120yrds with a bow?? Sissy.

:toothy7: :angel4: :toothy7:
Ultimate Predator
Grumpy
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Grumpy »

All I know is that if the natives aka American Indians had these new compound bows 150 yrs. ago we white eyes would be on the "rez" and Jay Silverheels would have been a 2 term president.... :lol:
I was not his father but he was my son,,MAK IV, 10-15-1993 - 4-22-2007
"Rest in Peace my Little Buddy"
Turkinator
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Turkinator »

Oh, the off season!!!! I don’t care how a man hunts, but don’t sit in a blind and watch a decoy spread and tell me it’s a more skillful way.
Turkinator
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Turkinator »

Grumpy wrote: August 24th, 2019, 5:44 pm All I know is that if the natives aka American Indians had these new compound bows 150 yrs. ago we white eyes would be on the "rez" and Jay Silverheels would have been a 2 term president.... :lol:
Maybe fauxcahauntas is going to try!
Grumpy
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Grumpy »

Oh she is trying alright and gaining some point too, there should be a mental evaluation on any candidates running for any office, it sure would cut that demoncrat pool down to very few if any.
I was not his father but he was my son,,MAK IV, 10-15-1993 - 4-22-2007
"Rest in Peace my Little Buddy"
dsunday

Post by dsunday »

While we are at, what is everyone's thoughts on blinds, taking Jakes, and hens in the fall?
"Never trust what you quote from the internet" -Abe Lincoln
Hoobilly
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Hoobilly »

MKW wrote: August 24th, 2019, 5:02 pm
hoobilly wrote: August 24th, 2019, 4:57 pm I love bow hunting. But there’s a lot of bow hunters who think they are the shizzle and think they are better at everything. I 😆 when they tell me that they bow hunt through gun season. One time I watched a monster 8 point at 120 yards go past me to the hot doe and small bucks chasing her. I thought man I wish it was fun season. At that revelation I thought that it’s crazy to sit with a bow during gun season. I have taken my bow with me during muzzleloader season.

I used to when I was younger instinctively 😆 not at deer. Just hay bales. But not at deer. And never hit the hay bale at long range either 😆

But I have shot 100 yards with a Athens. Wouldn't try that on a deer as I’m shaky in my old age

MKW
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by MKW »

hoobilly wrote: August 24th, 2019, 8:58 pm
MKW wrote: August 24th, 2019, 5:02 pm

I used to when I was younger instinctively 😆 not at deer. Just hay bales. But not at deer. And never hit the hay bale at long range either 😆

But I have shot 100 yards with a Athens. Would y try that on a deer as I’m shaky in my old age
Understood. Hell, I can't see 120yrds in my old age.
Ultimate Predator
decoykrvr

Post by decoykrvr »

The crossbow is an ancient weapon, documented in China over 2,300 years ago. How do crossbows figure into this whole trad, compound discussion?
swampchicken

Post by swampchicken »

I've shot them all recurve, compound, and crossbow. Each thier own on how they want to kill an animal! Takes alot of practice to hit the 10 ring consistently with the recurve. Compounds I always shot fingers but didn't take near the practice time. Crossbow pick it up and hit the 10 ring every time. I always felt like I was cheating the game when I went to shooting compound or crossbow and liked them inside of 15yds to get my heart rate up. 30, 40, 50+yds no matter how big they were was like shooting a cow no excitment in it. Never cared what other hunters used and still don't, me and the animal was all it was for me.
timbrhuntr
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by timbrhuntr »

decoykrvr wrote: August 24th, 2019, 9:48 pm The crossbow is an ancient weapon, documented in China over 2,300 years ago. How do crossbows figure into this whole trad, compound discussion?
:stir:
Hoobilly
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Hoobilly »

decoykrvr wrote: August 24th, 2019, 9:48 pm The crossbow is an ancient weapon, documented in China over 2,300 years ago. How do crossbows figure into this whole trad, compound discussion?
I hunted with a crossbow last fall. sons buddy loaned it to me. Right eye is messed up some and it was cloudy from blood and had to shoot left handed I cannot shoot a compound bow left handed lol so crossbow until my eye is better

I guess some guys have to feel better about themselves and look down their noses on other peoples gear.

to each his own.. whether its guns, ammo, cars or trucks. if you like fat chicks I don't care :lol:

Hoobilly
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Hoobilly »

Turkinator wrote: August 24th, 2019, 6:09 pm
Grumpy wrote: August 24th, 2019, 5:44 pm All I know is that if the natives aka American Indians had these new compound bows 150 yrs. ago we white eyes would be on the "rez" and Jay Silverheels would have been a 2 term president.... :lol:
Maybe fauxcahauntas is going to try!
I think now she is being called...

PocaHonkey :LMAO: :LMAO: :LMAO:

jdjnicholson

Post by jdjnicholson »

I want to kill what I shoot at,so a compound with a sight is my preference. I got my 1st bow in '78,a Bear Blacktail hunter. Never used a sight. Didn't start using a sight until the early 90s. I crippled a deer and my buddy told me if I want to hunt with him I better use a sight. I also bowfish ,so I cripple enough in the summertime.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

WoodMoose

Post by WoodMoose »

wow,,,,
timbrhuntr
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by timbrhuntr »

Lol the Trad Cripplers Club !! Started by Pope and Young !!

Return to “Gobbler Talk”