Time for a new truck

A general discussion area for turkey hunters.
Hoobilly
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Re: Time for a new truck

Post by Hoobilly »

soiltester wrote: August 15th, 2019, 8:53 am
hoobilly wrote: August 14th, 2019, 8:05 pm

I thought the Tundra's and Tacoma's were US built?
Checked, and made in Texas and Tiauana(SP),and they're too pricy for me and dealership isn't close :lol:
:LMAO:
Don't start none, won't be none!

https://foxtrotammo.com/
soiltester
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by soiltester »

hoobilly wrote: August 15th, 2019, 9:05 am
hoobilly wrote: August 14th, 2019, 8:05 pm

I thought the Tundra's and Tacoma's were US built?
Checked, and made in Texas and Tiauana(SP),and they're too pricy for me and dealership isn't close :lol:
U' B' 1/2 rite & I B' 1/2 rite :LMAO: :LMAO:
I still don't like them as they weren't original U.S. :stir: :thumbup:
ever wonder where the white goes when the snow melts??
howl
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by howl »

Tundras are too pricy. I thought about trading my 14 f150 in but I really don't like any of the new trucks well enough except the tundra and I can't see paying that much for a pickup truck.
soiltester
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by soiltester »

howl wrote: August 15th, 2019, 2:10 pm Tundras are too pricy. I thought about trading my 14 f150 in but I really don't like any of the new trucks well enough except the tundra and I can't see paying that much for a pickup truck.
Shoot .. like I said all along the trucks got too big fer' me .. heck my new 19 XL Ford Ranger 4x4 off road, is still bigger than my 99 xlt f150 4x4 :banghead:
Hoobilly
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Hoobilly »

soiltester wrote: August 15th, 2019, 2:31 pm
howl wrote: August 15th, 2019, 2:10 pm Tundras are too pricy. I thought about trading my 14 f150 in but I really don't like any of the new trucks well enough except the tundra and I can't see paying that much for a pickup truck.
Shoot .. like I said all along the trucks got too big fer' me .. heck my new 19 XL Ford Ranger 4x4 off road, is still bigger than my 99 xlt f150 4x4 :banghead:
Is it the new Ranger Raptor!?

Hoobilly
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Hoobilly »

soiltester wrote: August 15th, 2019, 12:28 pm
hoobilly wrote: August 15th, 2019, 9:05 am

U' B' 1/2 rite & I B' 1/2 rite :LMAO: :LMAO:
I still don't like them as they weren't original U.S. :stir: :thumbup:
Not all of the American trucks have all the parts made in the USA. So I guess it’s a trade off in my eyes

soiltester
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by soiltester »

hoobilly wrote: August 15th, 2019, 3:19 pm
Don't think the Raptor is available till' 21 .. built mine online and could get XL, XLT & Lariat were the choices.
I wanted to keep side spotter mirrors, so was limited to the XL, other wise it was all the lighted blinker mirrors fer' lane changin' and crud that drives for you, but drives you crazy instead :banghead: :LMAO:
Thought 27 K wasn't bad and got what I wanted. :thumbup:
GLS
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by GLS »

I saw this in my neighborhood while dog walking last week. Someone spent a pretty penny restoring it. It looked like it had just rolled off a dealership floor. It's a Land Rover Discovery pick-up probably made in the 1990s. Hope he put a Toyota drive train in it. It is Tacoma sized.
Hoobilly
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Hoobilly »

GLS wrote: August 15th, 2019, 4:47 pm I saw this in my neighborhood while dog walking last week. Someone spent a pretty penny restoring it. It looked like it had just rolled off a dealership floor. It's a Land Rover Discovery pick-up probably made in the 1990s. Hope he put a Toyota drive train in it. It is Tacoma sized.
Those are beautiful

Hoobilly
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Hoobilly »

soiltester wrote: August 15th, 2019, 3:30 pm
hoobilly wrote: August 15th, 2019, 3:19 pm

Don't think the Raptor is available till' 21 .. built mine online and could get XL, XLT & Lariat were the choices.
I wanted to keep side spotter mirrors, so was limited to the XL, other wise it was all the lighted blinker mirrors fer' lane changin' and crud that drives for you, but drives you crazy instead :banghead: :LMAO:
Thought 27 K wasn't bad and got what I wanted. :thumbup:
Not bad considering some of the full sized trucks I’ve looked at are 60-70$

firedup

Post by firedup »

If you want a good used truck or even more so a new one.... you have to get thru the sticker shock first thing. Now that only applies if your buying! If your trading in or selling then YOUR TRUCK ain't worth much. :? :angryfire: I read that with new 2020 models coming out it is now possible to spend $100,000 or more on a pickup truck. Crazy!

I targeted the Ford more so because I have been driving them for years and have had great trucks. No complaints. The Toyotas have been good to me as well and are in the ball game but have a noticeably less towing and cargo payload capacity. I don't plan to tow anywhere near the max rated capacity in a 1/2 ton truck but will instead find a travel trailer suited to the truck for safe towing. So setting up the truck correctly, the higher tow rating should provide some additional safety and towability benefits if I keep it down to a reasonable and safe load. If I follow that plan then a 3/4 ton won't be necessary.
soiltester
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by soiltester »

firedup wrote: August 15th, 2019, 10:29 pm If you want a good used truck or even more so a new one.... you have to get thru the sticker shock first thing. Now that only applies if your buying! If your trading in or selling then YOUR TRUCK ain't worth much. :? :angryfire: I read that with new 2020 models coming out it is now possible to spend $100,000 or more on a pickup truck. Crazy!

I targeted the Ford more so because I have been driving them for years and have had great trucks. No complaints. The Toyotas have been good to me as well and are in the ball game but have a noticeably less towing and cargo payload capacity. I don't plan to tow anywhere near the max rated capacity in a 1/2 ton truck but will instead find a travel trailer suited to the truck for safe towing. So setting up the truck correctly, the higher tow rating should provide some additional safety and towability benefits if I keep it down to a reasonable and safe load. If I follow that plan then a 3/4 ton won't be necessary.
I traded my ordered 16 Colorado that I got in Sept of 15, that I had same $ into, but had no 4x4 but had factory positraction & tow pkg., after market bed liner & mat and side step rails, for $20,000 with over 24,000 miles. Thought that wasn't too bad of a deal. Especially with the 2 stone dents in the hood & dent in the tailgate and scewed' back bumper that was hard to notice. Those back step bumpers look good but are flimsy and cheaply made ;) Lost my OnStar, which I didn't use and Sirius XM but got an after market one installed in my Ranger.
I'm a lot happier now :thumbup:
howl
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by howl »

One thing to consider is being able to get your truck plus trailer rig where you want to go. One of my favorite camping spots is limited on what you can get up there. And then is the small trailer something you'll actually want to stay in for extended periods? I was all about slide in campers until I got in one and started thinking about living out of it for a couple of weeks.

https://www.rv-boondocking-adventure.co ... er-rv.html
howl
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by howl »

Also, I read Nissan is coming out with a new Frontier for 2020. Old style closeouts should be really cheap. I bought a brand new '14 F150 XLT loaded for $27K because everyone was buying the new redesigned '15 instead.
guesswho
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by guesswho »

Ok, I found the ultimate. Toyota Tundra TSS. It can leave more rubber in a burn out circle than any other truck, penetrate the deepest mud, you can even down size to a smaller tire and truck without sacrificing performance. This TSS is the real deal. I'm thinking about building my own, if someone is willing to share a recipe.
Attachments
image.jpeg
Double Naught Spy!
RCD's Owner----------------Badonka Deke Prostaff
MoHo's Prostaff-------------Lighter Than HTL Shooter
The Storm Whistle Prostaff
Official Member Of The Unofficial Firedup Turkey Calls Prostaff
OLE RASPY
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by OLE RASPY »

I like that
TURKEYS
COYOTES
DEER
SQUIRRELS
(all in this order)
Hoobilly
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Hoobilly »

guesswho wrote: August 20th, 2019, 6:04 pm Ok, I found the ultimate. Toyota Tundra TSS. It can leave more rubber in a burn out circle than any other truck, penetrate the deepest mud, you can even down size to a smaller tire and truck without sacrificing performance. This TSS is the real deal. I'm thinking about building my own, if someone is willing to share a recipe.
if its 18.5 density I am all in..

spider316
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by spider316 »

My little Brother and cousin have matching 2018 GMC 1/2 tons. Nothing but problems from bumper to bumper wth vibration issues. Have both threatened to contact the Attorney general's office for the Lemon law here in Massachusetts. GM just notified them that there's a service bulletin coming out in September to address the problem.
The most experienced novice Turkey hunter the good Lord ever created !
soiltester
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by soiltester »

guesswho wrote: August 20th, 2019, 6:04 pm Ok, I found the ultimate. Toyota Tundra TSS. It can leave more rubber in a burn out circle than any other truck, penetrate the deepest mud, you can even down size to a smaller tire and truck without sacrificing performance. This TSS is the real deal. I'm thinking about building my own, if someone is willing to share a recipe.
I'll stick with my Ranger 4x4 off road STX :thumbup:
MKW
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by MKW »

Oh nooooo! Now, almost everyone on here will have to have a TSS Tundra even though it is not necessary to get the job done. :lol: :D :lol:
Ultimate Predator
howl
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by howl »

I wondered when someone would put that thing on here! :lol:
guesswho
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by guesswho »

MKW wrote: August 21st, 2019, 4:42 pm Oh nooooo! Now, almost everyone on here will have to have a TSS Tundra even though it is not necessary to get the job done. :lol: :D :lol:
:lol:
Double Naught Spy!
Hoobilly
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Hoobilly »

MKW wrote: August 21st, 2019, 4:42 pm
Oh nooooo! Now, almost everyone on here will have to have a TSS Tundra even though it is not necessary to get the job done. :lol: :D :lol:
:LMAO: :LMAO: :LMAO:

paboxcall

Post by paboxcall »

At least for the first year, and in white, nothing beat this pickup. I'd still drive one if I could find the right lot number.
Attachments
HEVI_Type.jpg
"Sit down wrong, and you're beat." Jim Spencer

Don't go this year where youtubers went last year.
guesswho
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by guesswho »

:lol:
Double Naught Spy!

Return to “Gobbler Talk”