Turkey hunting N.E. Wyoming?

A general discussion area for turkey hunters.
Cut N Run

Turkey hunting N.E. Wyoming?

Post by Cut N Run »

My brother in law is building a second home near Sheridan, Wyoming and I have a standing invitation of a place to stay. I was wondering if anyone here has experience hunting turkeys in that part of the world. Thanks in advance for any ideas.

Jim
trkykilr

Re: Turkey hunting N.E. Wyoming?

Post by trkykilr »

There are plenty of turkeys in that part of the world and a lot of public ground to chase them on. WY gets overlooked as a travel destination because it is a 1 bird state. Good Luck
Hobbes_mobile
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Hobbes_mobile »

I've seen birds in town in Sheridan when stopping to fuel up. I've also seen them just northwest of town from the Interstate. The best concentration of birds is likely a little too far east of there (in the Blackhills) for day trip. Definitely birds around Sheridan though.
Clark8907

Post by Clark8907 »

I'll be in Colony Wyoming next year so should be able to give you some info.
Cut N Run

Post by Cut N Run »

Thanks for the responses. They are building outside Sheridan and that's the area where I'll start.

Jim
joey46

Post by joey46 »

Looked extensively at WY for a late season trip this year. As usual life got in the way and I didn't make it. I have the new maps of the Blackhills NF and other areas around the city of Hulett and Devil's Tower. Hope to make it next year. I book marked Hulett in a weather app and check it daily. Be a good idea to hunt these areas in mid May. Some of the weather in the early part of turkey season had lots of cold and snow. Keep us posted. Good luck.

Return to “Gobbler Talk”