Last 2 weeks in Ohio

A general discussion area for turkey hunters.
tracker 6

Last 2 weeks in Ohio

Post by tracker 6 »

After harvesting a nice bird the second week, I took a few days off to rest up.3rd week called up a gobbler , came in to about 10 yds but behind a tree the whole way ,no shot, Saw me and beat a hasty retreat,no shot. I started talking the the hens that were with him,called them in(6 hens and 2 jakes)after a couple of minutes,he got lonely and started gobbling again.I gave a few yelps and he worked around a bank and got behind me.I got turned in my chair and Boom,Missed off he flew.Was still fun though. Later the next week was working 2 birds in a reclaim field,got em coming ,Boom ,someone got between us.Not fun.I think the rat just shot to mess me up,wasn't close enough to the birds to do any damage ,but he sure shut em up.Heard birds most every day,Still grinning :D rnb
One Gobbler,One shot (well sometimes) ;)
joey46

Re: Last 2 weeks in Ohio

Post by joey46 »

In the good old days when I hunted Ohio spring and fall I'd pick the last week over the first week. Most guys had quit and the birds were more predictable. Good luck to you in the future.
Turkinator
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Turkinator »

Always kill my best birds late!
tracker 6

Post by tracker 6 »

Yeah, back in the early 80's, I never hunted the first week.But now I'm retired, I'm hunting ever darn day I'm able.
One Gobbler,One shot (well sometimes) ;)

Return to “Gobbler Talk”