Getting soft

A general discussion area for turkey hunters.
SwampDrummin

Getting soft

Post by SwampDrummin »

I think i’m getting soft, just backed off my standard hand load by 1/8 ounce. I like overkill and stomping them and no cripples left behind BUT I’m willing to concede 2 1/4 ounces will suffice :struttin:
Hoobilly
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Re: Getting soft

Post by Hoobilly »

A 1 3/8oz flattens them easily..

2oz smokes them at 70

I guess it’s whatever makes a feller happy
Don't start none, won't be none!

https://foxtrotammo.com/
Dr Juice

Post by Dr Juice »

I use 1 3/4oz of HS in 3” 12-gauge and rocked every gobbler shot with them ... knock on wood. My gun shoots them well and that’s why they are my load of choice. Cheers [emoji482]
Dtrkyman

Post by Dtrkyman »

I’m shooting 1 5/8, looking at trying 1 3/8 and 1 1/4.

I’m content with a 50 yard gun.

When I can get to my friends place and use his shot trap I will play with loads.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
SwampDrummin

Post by SwampDrummin »

For a while there I really got into building the perfect load that would maximize TSS capabilities with regard to pattern density, pattern width, velocity and distance. Even amped it up to 19 density tungsten. I believe I was pretty close on my last shotgun setup. I tailored the loads to the gun and in the ranks of pointing a shotgun at a turkey and ending up with a dead turkey, mine would have been one of the best. Fairly confident I would be in top 5.

For sure, almost any 20 or 12 gauge TSS is good enough, but for the guys that like to play with numbers and have the best just to have the best, there’s a lot of room to tinker. It is a lot fun, but a lotta work. Considering the furthest turkey i’ve Ever killed was about 65, I didn’t want to do it again with my new setup even though I like the idea of being able to kill a buggered turkey at 82.1789 yards.

Gonna keep rocking my monster loads in current placeholder until I get around to tailoring the perfect 20 or .410.
MKW
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by MKW »

That is a terrible title with all the long-in-the-tooth hunters on here. Truly hurtful.
Ultimate Predator
Andy S.

Post by Andy S. »

^^^^ LOL @ MKW. :D
Andy S.

If I had saved all the money I spent on hunting, I'd spend it on hunting.
SwampDrummin

Post by SwampDrummin »

yeah that was pretty good

Return to “Gobbler Talk”