What do I think

A general discussion area for turkey hunters.
appalachianassassin
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Re: What do I think

Post by appalachianassassin »

crenshawco wrote: May 18th, 2019, 9:52 pm Cant believe yall havent mentioned Bulleit. I'm sipping on some now
That's another I've not seen in my local happy market
El Sicario
paboxcall

Post by paboxcall »

Put me down for a Glenlivet 12 over ice, and a couple episodes of the Hunting Public. 95% of turkey hunters are no better than they are which makes it fun to watch, and they still get it done. If they killed every morning they went, like most of the high fence or highly policed private ground over-produced crap on cable tv, snooze.....

I will say THP has a much more commercial/sponsored feel this year than last and that makes it little less enjoyable.
"Sit down wrong, and you're beat." Jim Spencer

Don't go this year where youtubers went last year.
jdjnicholson

Post by jdjnicholson »

Bitchin' and boozin'

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Swamp Hunter

Post by Swamp Hunter »

I thoroughly enjoy THP and Pinhoti Project. Their content shows real hunting and not some goobers sitting over a decoy spread in a tent big enough to sleep a football team. Like others have said, the THP boys never claim to be the best, they're just friends who enjoy hunting. Keep in mind too, they are dragging a camera around everywhere, with no blind, which increases the difficulty significantly. I'd bet if you turned Warb loose solo on just about any public ground in the U.S., with just a shotgun and a call, he'd stack up dead birds.
SwampDrummin

Post by SwampDrummin »

deerhunt1988 wrote: May 18th, 2019, 8:44 pm Some of the most enjoyable hunting content out there. They don't claim to be the best. The boys just like to hunt and have a good time. That is what it is all about and what so many other shows lack.
This.
SwampDrummin

Post by SwampDrummin »

On the flip side, something about the Pinhoti guy pisses me off. Can’t stand his face
RapscallionVermilion

Post by RapscallionVermilion »

SwampDrummin wrote: May 19th, 2019, 10:07 am
deerhunt1988 wrote: May 18th, 2019, 8:44 pm Some of the most enjoyable hunting content out there. They don't claim to be the best. The boys just like to hunt and have a good time. That is what it is all about and what so many other shows lack.
This.
x2
Turkinator
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Turkinator »

Get a haircut, you look like tiny Tim. Other than that, carry on.
Longspurs

Post by Longspurs »

I can’t stand all the tv hero’s Wadell etc. I think the THP boys are at least not a bunch of fat slobs like I normally see in the woods. If nothing else there safe with there guns, you never see them pointing them at each other like on some shows. And there is zero arrogance the guys just love to hunt and have fun doing it. They do promote the calls they use but not cramming it down your throat. I’d say there at least a few notches higher in skill than the average 45 year old fat guy with 1500.00 shotguns and 10$ a shell TSS and a sack of decoys to kill one turkey a year. And you should consider there ages non of them is much older than 30 and compared to the average American in there age group I think there at least tolerable. Y’all also sound
like a bunch of drunks.
Hoobilly
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Hoobilly »

SwampDrummin wrote: May 19th, 2019, 10:08 am On the flip side, something about the Pinhoti guy pisses me off. Can’t stand his face
😆

Your just jealous of his calling ability
Don't start none, won't be none!

https://foxtrotammo.com/
Jstocks

Post by Jstocks »

I like THP. They are definitely cut from a different cloth than the majority of us Southern Hunters, but that ain’t a bad thing. Just different.

I can tell they love the hunt. I’m impressed by their enthusiasm and they genuinely want each other to succeed. They also give the impression of being respectful to others who are hunting the same public ground they are. Really and truly, I’ll not be critical of them because I believe they are setting a good example. They work hard for the birds they kill. They seem to have fun.

All this is much better in my opinion than the rich man shows hunting with outfitters and private lands acting like they are the experts. These are the individuals that wind up with influence over the ignorant in the hunting world.

If we want to set lines to choose a side, give me the side of THP over the reaping and big money exclusive access fellas that make heroes out of themselves with cool songs and sponsor money and toys.
ICDEDTURKES
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by ICDEDTURKES »

Longspurs wrote: May 19th, 2019, 3:03 pm I can’t stand all the tv hero’s Wadell etc. I think the THP boys are at least not a bunch of fat slobs like I normally see in the woods. If nothing else there safe with there guns, you never see them pointing them at each other like on some shows. And there is zero arrogance the guys just love to hunt and have fun doing it. They do promote the calls they use but not cramming it down your throat. I’d say there at least a few notches higher in skill than the average 45 year old fat guy with 1500.00 shotguns and 10$ a shell TSS and a sack of decoys to kill one turkey a year. And you should consider there ages non of them is much older than 30 and compared to the average American in there age group I think there at least tolerable. Y’all also sound
like a bunch of drunks.
Google waddell get real hunting industry may gai some respect, seriously believe he's a good ol boy who knows he's living the dream. I would embed link but pia on phone

https://youtu.be/a5d08rVTKz4
guesswho
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by guesswho »

I run into Waddell every now and then. Seems like a pretty good ole boy. Would rather talk about the other persons season than his.

You have my curiosity up. I have no idea what THP is. Guess I'll have to fire up the Google Machine. But honestly I can't watch more than about a minute or two of anything on tv. I'm like a turkey walking across a field that suddenly sees a bug. Train of thought goes out the window that quick.
Double Naught Spy!
RCD's Owner----------------Badonka Deke Prostaff
MoHo's Prostaff-------------Lighter Than HTL Shooter
The Storm Whistle Prostaff
Official Member Of The Unofficial Firedup Turkey Calls Prostaff
Turkinator
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Turkinator »

hoobilly wrote: May 19th, 2019, 4:08 pm
SwampDrummin wrote: May 19th, 2019, 10:08 am On the flip side, something about the Pinhoti guy pisses me off. Can’t stand his face
😆

I’d love to get a purr on a mouth call like he does!
SwampDrummin

Post by SwampDrummin »

Turkinator wrote: May 19th, 2019, 5:36 pm [quote=hoobilly post_id=191352 time=<a href="tel:1558296514">1558296514</a> user_id=206]
[quote=SwampDrummin post_id=191323 time=<a href="tel:1558274907">1558274907</a> user_id=1775]
On the flip side, something about the Pinhoti guy pisses me off. Can’t stand his face
😆

[/quote]

I’d love to get a purr on a mouth call like he does!
[/quote]

I can purr like a kitten on a mouth call.😁😁😁 The guy can kill turkeys, i’ll end up watching all his vids by the time it’s all said and done, even if it’s like pulling teeth. I like to see the killers dance 😄 The Hunting Public is just good for the soul.
GLS
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by GLS »

Dave and company do a tad too much crawling around on public land. It kills birds, but he must trust other public hunters more than I do. I used to think there was a big difference between contest call winners and turkey hunters, but after seeing the poultry stack up in his videos, I can see my old notion has a poor foundation. I also used to think most hunters called too much. I suppose it depends on who is doing the calling because the birds don't seem to get enough of his calling. Chubbs ain't too bad himself. Shame about Chubb's Auburn connection, however. Gil
joey46

Post by joey46 »

MKW wrote: May 18th, 2019, 9:28 pm We need to get a "Gobbler Nation Whiskey Club" section on here to liven things up.
Only Pappy Vanwinkle in our house. LOL. I wish. Prefer Beam over most. Many taste too much like the barrel. Question - I always heard only Kentucky spirits could be called "bourbon". Anything else was "whiskey". New stuff out called "Horse Soldier". It is distilled in St. Pete, Fl. They are calling it bourbon. Just wondering. You can tell turkey season is wrapping up :lol: . BTW - like the Primos show.
redarrow
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by redarrow »

Gotta love this place. We go from slapping the hell out of "The Hunting Public" whoever she is 'to getting drunk as hell. LOL
Put you plans in the nail scarred hands.
Gar Commander

Post by Gar Commander »

Do none of yall drink Wild Turkey 101? I like the fact that you can kill a turkey during the day and another one that night!!
guesswho
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by guesswho »

Gar Commander wrote: May 20th, 2019, 7:52 pm Do none of yall drink Wild Turkey 101? I like the fact that you can kill a turkey during the day and another one that night!!
Fact! You ain't done chit until you killed 151 at night, then killed one before 8 am the next morning.

When we were younger that was our saying about a bottle of 151. "An adventure in every bottle". Glad I lived through those days. Kinda iffy a time or ten.
Double Naught Spy!
RCD's Owner----------------Badonka Deke Prostaff
MoHo's Prostaff-------------Lighter Than HTL Shooter
The Storm Whistle Prostaff
Official Member Of The Unofficial Firedup Turkey Calls Prostaff
liv2hnt

Post by liv2hnt »

Now we are talking.

Wellers 12
Wellers 107 Antique
Henry McKenna 10 year

Just to name a few I am currently watching evaporate....

MKW wrote: May 18th, 2019, 9:28 pm We need to get a "Gobbler Nation Whiskey Club" section on here to liven things up.
MKW
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by MKW »

liv2hnt wrote: May 20th, 2019, 8:37 pm Now we are talking.

Wellers 12
Wellers 107 Antique
Henry McKenna 10 year

I'd be giddy as a school girl on prom night if I ever came across a bottle of Weller 12. I'd gladly pay $200 for a bottle.
Ultimate Predator
liv2hnt

Post by liv2hnt »

MKW wrote: May 20th, 2019, 8:51 pm

Wellers 12
Wellers 107 Antique
Henry McKenna 10 year

I'd be giddy as a school girl on prom night if I ever came across a bottle of Weller 12. I'd gladly pay $200 for a bottle.
I am looking at an unopened bottle right now as I type....
MKW
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by MKW »

liv2hnt wrote: May 20th, 2019, 9:09 pm

Wellers 12
Wellers 107 Antique
Henry McKenna 10 year

You got Paypal?? LOL
Ultimate Predator
liv2hnt

Post by liv2hnt »

MKW wrote: May 20th, 2019, 9:22 pm
liv2hnt wrote: May 20th, 2019, 9:09 pm

You got Paypal?? LOL
paypal or money order....

Return to “Gobbler Talk”