adavice on flying to go turkey hunting

A general discussion area for turkey hunters.
IBHC

adavice on flying to go turkey hunting

Post by IBHC »

never flown with a gun or ammo. I do have my guns in a locked hard case but where can I put my tss I handloaded? also can you fly with thermocell and butane bottles in your luggage or what about mosquito spray? any ifo would be greatly appreciated. thanks Cannon :old_glory:
aristico

Re: adavice on flying to go turkey hunting

Post by aristico »

Your shells can go with your gun...just get an empty box of shells to put them in.....no problem with the thermacell. Legally the butane you cannot travel with.... I usually just stop at a walmart where im going and buy some ...... Dont usually travel with mosquito spray not sure what the rule is on that...no no as a carry on not sure if it can be checked....dont think it should be a problem....
GLS
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by GLS »

There are several Deet mfg's (Sawyers for one) which make pump spray bottles under 3 oz. and are labeled suitable for airline carry on.
soiltester
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by soiltester »

I have Deep Woods Off in wipe on's that work great and travel well in my Turkey Vest :thumbup:
ever wonder where the white goes when the snow melts??
LAturkey

Post by LAturkey »

How do you fly the meat and all back?
Swampstalk

Post by Swampstalk »

Unloaded gun in a lockable hardcase, TSA type locks on it. No ammo with the shotgun. Must be in original carton and can be placed in checked bag. 3oz of liquid or smaller can be carried on the plane. As far as meat, freeze it and put in a decent cooler. We tape with TSA tape if they inspect it. First time we packed deer meat and the head in a large cooler, with dry ice. Never again. There are some serious regulations about dry ice on planes. Bought a pound but could only use a portion, may 31/2 ounces. Had to separate it and throw it away. Just freeze it or if need be use the freezer cube thingys that are reusable.
Don
Jstocks

Post by Jstocks »

You can fly with ammo locked in the case with the gun.
aristico

Post by aristico »

You can use up to 5 lbs of dry ice....i dont use tsa locks on my gun case...no one should be able to open your case but you....show up early just in case....
willie

Post by willie »

:cheers: :LMAO:
willie

Post by willie »

u can hide the shells like drug dealers do.i would just take 1 shell and i don't mean a 3 1/2" shell for obvious reason. :LMAO: :cheers:
SwampDrummin

Post by SwampDrummin »

willie wrote: May 10th, 2019, 1:07 am u can hide the shells like drug dealers do.i would just take 1 shell and i don't mean a 3 1/2" shell for obvious reason. :LMAO: :cheers:
You need any hints at how to get the plug out send me a pm.

Return to “Gobbler Talk”