Tactical sling?

A general discussion area for turkey hunters.
Jpeace84

Tactical sling?

Post by Jpeace84 »

What’s up guys! Has anyone tried using a tactical 3 point sling for there turkey shotgun??? I have issues with mine sliding off my shoulder along with pulling down my vest to one side thinking a different vest as well for next season
Turkinator
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Re: Tactical sling?

Post by Turkinator »

Know what you’re talking about! The padded shoulder straps on a turkey vest act as a ski slope to gun slings! I’ve found the claw type slings hold on a little better than paracord slings.
Hognutz
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Hognutz »

Agree. The Claw sling will not slide off of your shoulder. They work great.
May I assume you're not here to inquire about the alcohol or the tobacco?
I am the man from Nantucket.
“Leave the gun, take the cannoli” -Clemensa
When attacked by a group of clowns...Go for the Juggler!!
Jpeace84

Post by Jpeace84 »

Turkinator wrote: March 23rd, 2019, 6:17 am Know what you’re talking about! The padded shoulder straps on a turkey vest act as a ski slope to gun slings! I’ve found the claw type slings hold on a little better than paracord slings.
Add a chair to the mix and all hell breaks loose!! Lol I will look into a claw strap as well thanks for the feedback!
Jpeace84

Post by Jpeace84 »

Hognutz wrote: March 23rd, 2019, 8:28 am Agree. The Claw sling will not slide off of your shoulder. They work great.
Gonna check them out!! Thanks!
Magdump

Post by Magdump »

The 3 point sling is a historical design that was developed for HK subguns. They work fine in that role but on other firearm platforms especially, the “cross strap” can impede access to certain controls and cause malfunctions. The 3 point sling is not what you want. Nor is the single point. You want a 2 point quick adjust sling.

Simple summary-

If you just want to hang the gun off yourself and shoot bilaterally, a single-point is acceptable.

If you want to really work with the gun and perform collateral duties a modern tactical 2-point is the way to go (see the BFG VCAS, VTAC 2-point, or Boonie Packer 2P-TPA).

If you want to cover your controls, increase probability of stoppages, and fight with mounting hardware, the 3-points are the way to go.
pullit
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by pullit »

claw works for me
I may not be smart but I can lift heavy objects

I have no need for a 30-06, I have a shotgun
selfcht2

Post by selfcht2 »

Go to Amazon and get a 'sling saddle." I have one, just started using it this year. It works great!
Chief Razor

Post by Chief Razor »

A three point sling would work just fine with a semi auto shotgun. No controls to worry about unless your shooting a gun specific to a right hander lefty.

That would certainly solve your vest pulling issue.

It would be very simple to unbuckle and go to a single point when sitting down at a tree.

If you have the attachment point on the side of the butt stock it could work out well.

Return to “Gobbler Talk”