alost Guns!

A general discussion area for turkey hunters.
gblrsrst

alost Guns!

Post by gblrsrst »

Sorry to hear about the Lost/Left and GONE GUN! But it makes me think of a friend that was hunting with me at "Gobbler's Roost"! I don't remember what he did ... But whatever it was I was a LITTLE BIT MIFFED WITH HIM!

This happened on a HOT day at the Honey Hole and it is quite a walk to get into it! We made the Big Loop and get almost back when he says, "HE LEFT HIS GUN SOMEWHERE!" :violent1: By now Walking back to the Furthest point was about the Last thing I wanted to do BUT I put a PLAN in order and would scare him GOOD! We walked back just a few yards from where I was sure he had left his NEW GUN leaning against a tree beside a creek! Sure enough the spot I took him to looked close enough that he was sure it was the RIGHT SPOT!

I let him SWEAT it out a bit and said that there was another hunter that sometimes used this area .... But I wa sure he had not been there! :stir:

Finally I took him to the Right spot and there was his Gun!

To top it all off I reminded him how he had CHEWED out his Nephew a few years ago for leaving his gun next to a tree! What goes around/comes around! :thumbup:
Last edited by gblrsrst on March 20th, 2019, 3:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Gretchen was a Great Dog! Jinger Lou is Becoming one!
HunterGKS
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Re: alost Guns!

Post by HunterGKS »

I'm sure glad that all I did at The Roost was lock my keys in the truck & get knocked down by Swamp Thing.
George

YOU KNOW YOU HAVE TO KEEP YOUR BODY STILL. YOUR HEART JUST HASN'T CAUGHT ON.

.17 = NITRO OF THE RIMFIRE WORLD USAF 1969-1973

soiltester
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by soiltester »

MMMMMM .. this post is about the turkey adventures of HunterGKS or should I say mis-adventures as it appears to be :LMAO:
ever wonder where the white goes when the snow melts??
timbrhuntr
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by timbrhuntr »

Thats what I was thinking when I read it ! Names removed to protect the innocent !
gblrsrst

Post by gblrsrst »

Nope the Victum goes by Turkey Dog Hunter! :bootyshake: It was FUN to pick on him after he Chastised his nephew a couple years before about leaving a Camo Gun in the woods!

I would NEVER PICK ON GEORGE! It would be HARD to pick the Best one to pick on him about! :wave:
soiltester
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by soiltester »

gblrsrst wrote: March 21st, 2019, 12:14 pm It would be HARD to pick the Best one to pick on him about! :wave:

MMMMMMM.. jest' tell em' all then and ya' don't have to be picky that way :LMAO:
Hoobilly
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Hoobilly »

That’s hilarious!

A great uncle of mine (by marriage) went hunting with my grandpa. They had hunted one spot and went to another and my uncle thought he should move his Jeep cj5 over some more in case someone else wanted to pheasant hunt the same are.

Grandpa had the 870 laying up on the Jeep. Uncle moved forward and backed up running the 870 over.

My grandpa got really upset. They got the dirt off of it. Shiucked a couple shells through it and it cycled and shot fine. They don’t make them like they used to
Don't start none, won't be none!

https://foxtrotammo.com/
timbrhuntr
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by timbrhuntr »

I had a buddy wanted to go moose hunting. Borrowed a gun and away we go. Dropped of at look out spot. Decided to go for a walk. During walk decided to take a crap. Leaned gun on tree walked a bit did his business then couldn’t find where he left the gun . Then realized he didn’t know where he had originally been dropped off. Long night but we eventually found him wandering a logging road. Never did find the gun!
Hoobilly
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Hoobilly »

timbrhuntr wrote: March 21st, 2019, 8:48 pm I had a buddy wanted to go moose hunting. Borrowed a gun and away we go. Dropped of at look out spot. Decided to go for a walk. During walk decided to take a crap. Leaned gun on tree walked a bit did his business then couldn’t find where he left the gun . Then realized he didn’t know where he had originally been dropped off. Long night but we eventually found him wandering a logging road. Never did find the gun!
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Don't start none, won't be none!

https://foxtrotammo.com/
gblrsrst

Post by gblrsrst »

timbrhuntr wrote: March 21st, 2019, 8:48 pm I had a buddy wanted to go moose hunting. Borrowed a gun and away we go. Dropped of at look out spot. Decided to go for a walk. During walk decided to take a crap. Leaned gun on tree walked a bit did his business then couldn’t find where he left the gun . Then realized he didn’t know where he had originally been dropped off. Long night but we eventually found him wandering a logging road. Never did find the gun!
Good ****! :bootyshake:
timbrhuntr
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by timbrhuntr »

No it actually happened we still bug him about it to this day he never went hunting again he was that scared of never being found lol
HunterGKS
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by HunterGKS »

An excerpt from my 2010 Spring turkey hunt at The Roost.

On to Friday morning. Each morning we drove separate trucks as Ron had to leave for work.
Friday morning I hit the button to unlock all the doors so I could get my vest & gun from the
back seat. I had left my keys in the cup holder as usual. I shut the driver’s door & tried to
open the back door. It was then that I realized that I had hit the button the wrong way &
did something I have never done before…….LOCKED MY KEYS IN MY TRUCK!!!!. “SON OF A B----!!!!”
“What’s wrong” says Ron. “ I locked my freaking (or a word to that effect) keys in the truck!!!!”,
says I. Luckily, I always travel with a spare set of keys. Luckily, again, The Roost was close so we
headed back, got my keys, & still got set-up before the 1st gobble. Ron got a pretty good laugh
about that, keep saying, “I’m laughing with you, not at you.”. I’m not so sure about that.
George

soiltester
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by soiltester »

HunterGKS wrote: March 23rd, 2019, 2:13 pm An excerpt from my 2010 Spring turkey hunt at The Roost.

On to Friday morning. Each morning we drove separate trucks as Ron had to leave for work.
Friday morning I hit the button to unlock all the doors so I could get my vest & gun from the
back seat. I had left my keys in the cup holder as usual. I shut the driver’s door & tried to
open the back door. It was then that I realized that I had hit the button the wrong way &
did something I have never done before…….LOCKED MY KEYS IN MY TRUCK!!!!. “SON OF A B----!!!!”
“What’s wrong” says Ron. “ I locked my freaking (or a word to that effect) keys in the truck!!!!”,
says I. Luckily, I always travel with a spare set of keys. Luckily, again, The Roost was close so we
headed back, got my keys, & still got set-up before the 1st gobble. Ron got a pretty good laugh
about that, keep saying, “I’m laughing with you, not at you.”. I’m not so sure about that.
MMMM .. I always just got an extra key or dummy key made and zip tied it in a zip-lock bag in a easy place to get to :joker:

Not going to have to do that now, got a key pad on my drivers door of my new Ranger that's headed my way from Michigan :thumbup:
HunterGKS
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by HunterGKS »

Whenever I'm in the woods, I carry an extra fob in my overall top pocket. I don't leave home without it!!
George

Return to “Gobbler Talk”