Mixed Bag in Mississippi

A general discussion area for turkey hunters.
Prospector

Mixed Bag in Mississippi

Post by Prospector »

Greetings GobblerNation! Been tough sledding so far here in Magnolia. Opening morning saw some decent gobbling but hens made the snatch and took him away. After that it was 3 days no gobbling and only saw one lone hen. Fast foreword to Tues am- again heard one gobbling but couldn’t close anymore than about 400 yds. These east central turkeys I hunt generally don’t gobble til they see ground, lol. Anyway he had him some females too and silence descended quickly. Tues pm I went prospecting (😎) and laid eyes on 2 LONG’S, Jake and some hens. Stayed with them til roost time . This am it’s good gobblin on the roost, then sporadic as the harem assembled and now silence... I m happy I guess since I’m around turkeys tho and if I stay close maybe one will “trip up” lol.
On another note, my son has the knack for finding gobblers that want to work despite having hens. I now have one waiting for me to clean in my Scout while he heads to class... maybe he’ll take me sometime🤔
“Son, Turkey HUNTING starts at 40yds and in. If you can kill him farther that’s all you’re doing- KILLING. Make him think he’s answering you, call him up, kill him closer-Man! Now that’s what it’s meant to be…” Johnnie Keel ( an Old Pro most never know)
timbrhuntr
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Re: Mixed Bag in Mississippi

Post by timbrhuntr »

Still sounds like fun I'm still just reading about it on the puter lol
Prospector

Post by Prospector »

Here’s my sons from this morning- I struck out lol but still swinging!
Attachments
54602FF4-F646-4E08-A476-F8A2A10F78BA.jpeg
“Son, Turkey HUNTING starts at 40yds and in. If you can kill him farther that’s all you’re doing- KILLING. Make him think he’s answering you, call him up, kill him closer-Man! Now that’s what it’s meant to be…” Johnnie Keel ( an Old Pro most never know)
Hoobilly
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Hoobilly »

Sweet gobbler!

And let’s see more of the Scout!
Don't start none, won't be none!

https://foxtrotammo.com/
Prospector

Post by Prospector »

You mean this Ol thang. Why I wasn’t but 18mths old when my Dad bought it brand new (for $5400). She now mine and we adventure together some. Stats: 345 IH V8, torque-flite 3 speed auto, lift and suspension to accommodate the 33”tires, 4.10s and Detroits on both ends get me out of and into trouble.... one day I hope to frame off and make her a pure garage queen but sometimes now I need her capabilities....
Thanks for noticing....
Attachments
image.jpg
82B311B4-4902-43A6-9755-27B8ACFDAA56.jpeg
Grumpy
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Grumpy »

Looks to be in very good condition on the outside and not abused, I like it !
I was not his father but he was my son,,MAK IV, 10-15-1993 - 4-22-2007
"Rest in Peace my Little Buddy"
Clydetaylor

Post by Clydetaylor »

I like it !!!! I got a 94 bronco that's my hunting ride.
jdjnicholson

Post by jdjnicholson »

Old Scout is nice

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Return to “Gobbler Talk”