Pruning Shears

A general discussion area for turkey hunters.
MississippiGobbler

Pruning Shears

Post by MississippiGobbler »

Whats your "go-to" set for your vest? Ratcheting, or regular ole shears?
ICDEDTURKES
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Re: Pruning Shears

Post by ICDEDTURKES »

Really depends, I got a pair of ez cut rachet for free as they were next booth over. They were awesome for 10 years than I broke the blade, at the time they had a lifetime warranty, but getting for free no way would send them back.

I bought a fiskars loppers. They work well on small stuff. I don't carry any anymore. But will say rachet is alot better on one inch type stuff
soiltester
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by soiltester »

Gerber's ratchet :thumbup:
ever wonder where the white goes when the snow melts??
longwalker

Post by longwalker »

EZ Kut Ratchet
coconut

Post by coconut »

I use heavy non ratcheting. Don’t like the clickety click of ratchet ones.
PALongspur

Post by PALongspur »

Florian ratchet cut.
ol bob

Post by ol bob »

X2 I've had a pair for over 20 years tougher than woodpecker lips.
A wise old owl sat in a mighty oak , The more he saw the less he spoke, The less he spoke the more he heard, Why can't everyone be like this wise Ol bird
Cut N Run

Post by Cut N Run »

PALongspur wrote: February 11th, 2019, 7:22 pm Florian ratchet cut.
^^Same.

I had some EZ Kut that a buddy "borrowed". They'll probably never see the inside of my vest again.

Jim
Brwndg

Post by Brwndg »

“If turkeys could smell, you'd never kill one" - Bud Trenis my turkey hunting mentor & dear friend
Jetboater-GN

Post by Jetboater-GN »

My buddy and I have this Silky hand saw. Works about as fast as shears, less than 1" live branch usually cuts through on one stroke, but will cut any size branch or tree. Sometimes you need to cut a branch or big sapling that won't fit in the shears. Unbelievably sharp. We have the Medium tooth model, but you can get it with Fine, Medium or Large teeth. I know it looks like every other folding hand saw, but you need to use it to believe it. Cuts on the pull stroke, so it won't bend or bind. Lots of good reviews online. Made in Japan, not Chinese.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000C ... UTF8&psc=1

http://www.silkysaws.com/
Tail Feathers

Post by Tail Feathers »

Gerber non ratcheting. Never tried the ratcheting ones.
Turkey fanatic :turkeywave:
Cut N Run

Post by Cut N Run »

ICDEDTURKES wrote: February 11th, 2019, 2:54 pm Really depends, I got a pair of ez cut rachet for free as they were next booth over. They were awesome for 10 years than I broke the blade, at the time they had a lifetime warranty, but getting for free no way would send them back.

I bought a fiskars loppers. They work well on small stuff. I don't carry any anymore. But will say rachet is alot better on one inch type stuff

I still have the card those pruners came on and the back of the E-Z Kut package and it says;

"E-Z Kut heavy duty ratchet pruners come with a lifetime guarantee. If this product should ever fail by breaking or the blades become too dull to use, simply return it to E-Z Kut for repair or replacement. Please include $6.95 to cover shipping and handling."

E-Z Kut
1935 S. Plum Grove Road
Suite 355
Palatine, Illinois 60067
(847) 253-8537

Mine came with a spare blade, which is still attached to the card. I'd be happy to send it if you need it. Mine appear to be long gone and since I still have the package, if mine ever come back to me (yeah, right), I'll send mine in if they're dull or broken. Holler if you want it.

Jim

Return to “Gobbler Talk”