Never hurts to ask

A general discussion area for turkey hunters.
Cut N Run

Never hurts to ask

Post by Cut N Run »

Just like about everyone else on here, I'm always looking new places to turkey hunt. A couple of days ago at a job by the river, I mentioned to the real estate agent who hired me, that the property we were on looked like it should have a lot of deer & turkey traffic. He let me know that 7 deer were standing between the house and the river when he parked his truck. I asked if he saw any turkeys on the way in and he said "If you want to see turkeys, you should come to my farm." I told him that I want to hunt turkeys & not just watch them. He said "Come on and thin 'em out some." I about did back flips. His property is 60 acres in some of the best turkey woods in the county and less than 12 miles from my house. He sees turkeys there almost every day all year 'round. He showed me multiple pictures on his phone of nice longbeards in his yard. Apparently everybody around there only hunts deer and doesn't mess with the turkeys. His aunt's land next door (188 acres) doesn't get turkey hunted either.

I don't have any big properties to hunt, but a handful of small pieces in out of the way places should help me spend some tags this year. I still plan to put in the drawing to hunt Falls or Jordan gamelands, but considering that I haven't been drawn in 7 consecutive years, I'm not holding my breath on that one.

I'm real excited to have a new piece of land to learn and have an ace up my sleeve if necessary. I still have a score to settle on one farm and redemption on my favorite farm. Turkey season gets closer every day & I can't hardly wait.

Jim
Grumpy
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Re: Never hurts to ask

Post by Grumpy »

Sounds just like my honey hole turkey spot, good for you.
I was not his father but he was my son,,MAK IV, 10-15-1993 - 4-22-2007
"Rest in Peace my Little Buddy"
crow

Post by crow »

Very nice pickup, this might get your foot in the door for his Aunts farm also.

by the way sometimes it does hurt to ask, I can still feel the sting when she said No about going to the dance in front of the whole 7th grade class, and that was back in 1971.
Hoobilly
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Hoobilly »

yessir its good when people tell you to come on over and kill a few!

I have bumped into a few good spots over the years
Don't start none, won't be none!

https://foxtrotammo.com/
Muzzy61

Post by Muzzy61 »

Nice, Congrats
soiltester
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by soiltester »

U B "In like flint" and a lil' sweet talkin' to auntie', and you'll have more turkeys to hunt than ya' can shake a stick at :o :shock: :thumbup: :lol:
ever wonder where the white goes when the snow melts??
SwampDrummin

Post by SwampDrummin »

Name dropping is an excellent way to parlay one place into another
ylpnfol

Post by ylpnfol »

Good Luck Jim....sounds like you will be fishing again by the end of April .....
you never know, unless you go

David

Return to “Gobbler Talk”