Turkey Beard Displays

A general discussion area for turkey hunters.
SwampDrummin

Turkey Beard Displays

Post by SwampDrummin »

What does everyone start doing with their beards when they really start accumulating? Mine have been accumulating to the point where I feel like I should do something with them. Thoughts?
I know some of you turkey murderers out there have some impressive displays. Now's your chance to show off! :struttin:
ICDEDTURKES
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Re: Turkey Beard Displays

Post by ICDEDTURKES »

Have guess dump the dumpster
willygee

Post by willygee »

ICDEDTURKES wrote: January 1st, 2019, 7:35 pm Have guess dump the dumpster
Really?? Remember the moment you pulled the trigger and respect the magnificent bird that fed your family

Willy
MKW
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by MKW »

I used to cover the base of the beard with the brass from the shell I killed him with along with a brass barrel swivel. That way, I could hang them anywhere I wanted. Now, I just throw them in the freezer.
I care much more about the spurs. For a while, I would clean the spurs and put them on a long piece of paracord with small beads separating them. I got lazy about that some years ago and now have spurs in a Tupperware bowl in the freezer. The string of spurs is about 10ft long though. :D
Ultimate Predator
deerhunt1988

Post by deerhunt1988 »

I'm very meticulous when it comes to my beards and spurs. I like to keep the items from each turkey together, as well as the hull to the shell that accomplished the deed. On the hull I attach a label with information on the hunt. Gobbler #, date, location, time, etc..

Here is my display from spring 2018. You'll notice a beard and a couple spurs missing. This is because a RAT, yes, a RAT got in the house and took off with several of them while I had them laying out to dry! Luckily I managed to find some that he had drug away. I did orchestrate a quick, successful hunt of the rat.

Turkinator
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Turkinator »

I always plan elaborate displays yet get lazy
20190102_081935.jpg
Attachments
20190102_081956.jpg
20190102_082009.jpg

Return to “Gobbler Talk”