Passing Time in the Tree

A general discussion area for turkey hunters.
Post Reply
Prospector
Posts: 43
Joined: April 11th, 2016, 9:55 am

Passing Time in the Tree

Post by Prospector » October 6th, 2018, 5:28 pm

Hello, All: just passing the time til Spring ‘19! Sitting in the tree with stick n string waiting on a MS :old_glory: Whitetail to wander by. If our Lord and Saviour tarries I’ll be chasing again come March 15th. Meanwhile, I’ll try to lay in a supply of venison to tide us over.... BTW, what happened to the Hunt Swap forum? It has disappeared on my device.
Attachments
image.jpg
Go early, stay late, keep a low profile, be a student of the woods; listen to what he’s saying, don’t talk too much, and if you’re lucky- you might get a chance....

User avatar
hoobilly
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation
Posts: 5561
Joined: August 15th, 2011, 9:15 pm
Location: Argos Indiana

Re: Passing Time in the Tree

Post by hoobilly » October 7th, 2018, 8:18 am

Any forums that produce very little talk after a year or so may get nixed.

What bow you hunting with?

timbrhuntr
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation
Posts: 1724
Joined: August 28th, 2011, 6:13 pm

Re: Passing Time in the Tree

Post by timbrhuntr » October 7th, 2018, 9:30 am

Good luck ! I have my stands hung but won't sit until November when it gets colder !

Prospector
Posts: 43
Joined: April 11th, 2016, 9:55 am

Re: Passing Time in the Tree

Post by Prospector » October 7th, 2018, 5:24 pm

Matthews Z7 extreme, 70lbs. Trophy ridge 5 pin and (usually) NAP Spitfires 100grains. Bow hunt mostly all season so long as wind and weather allow....
Go early, stay late, keep a low profile, be a student of the woods; listen to what he’s saying, don’t talk too much, and if you’re lucky- you might get a chance....

Prospector
Posts: 43
Joined: April 11th, 2016, 9:55 am

Re: Passing Time in the Tree

Post by Prospector » October 7th, 2018, 5:26 pm

Me too Timbr- I’m out knocking the rust off but I would not turn down a fat doe or a velvet antlered stag if he/she trips up😂
Go early, stay late, keep a low profile, be a student of the woods; listen to what he’s saying, don’t talk too much, and if you’re lucky- you might get a chance....

User avatar
hoobilly
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation
Posts: 5561
Joined: August 15th, 2011, 9:15 pm
Location: Argos Indiana

Re: Passing Time in the Tree

Post by hoobilly » October 7th, 2018, 7:31 pm

Prospector wrote:
October 7th, 2018, 5:24 pm
Matthews Z7 extreme, 70lbs. Trophy ridge 5 pin and (usually) NAP Spitfires 100grains. Bow hunt mostly all season so long as wind and weather allow....
I actually killed a huge doe with the NAP gobblergetters 10 years ago. fall bow season for turkeys

doe kept blowing and coming back

5th time I laid my arrow down and thought I picked up a spitfire while grabbing another gobblergetter.

them are tough broadheads

User avatar
appalachianassassin
Posts: 969
Joined: February 24th, 2014, 1:11 pm
Location: East Tennessee

Re: Passing Time in the Tree

Post by appalachianassassin » October 7th, 2018, 11:12 pm

hoobilly wrote:
October 7th, 2018, 7:31 pm
Prospector wrote:
October 7th, 2018, 5:24 pm
Matthews Z7 extreme, 70lbs. Trophy ridge 5 pin and (usually) NAP Spitfires 100grains. Bow hunt mostly all season so long as wind and weather allow....
I actually killed a huge doe with the NAP gobblergetters 10 years ago. fall bow season for turkeys

doe kept blowing and coming back

5th time I laid my arrow down and thought I picked up a spitfire while grabbing another gobblergetter.

them are tough broadheads
if the doe blow, the doe go
gotta love turkey huntin!!!

Prospector
Posts: 43
Joined: April 11th, 2016, 9:55 am

Re: Passing Time in the Tree

Post by Prospector » October 8th, 2018, 4:55 am

:thumbup: Ha! Unless I’m feeling charitable it’s” if the doe look, her goose is cooked!”. That’s what happened yesterday. Mature doe come slipping up the hill between timber and cutover. At 19yds and just days into the season she breaks her neck to look up at me. I must have passed inspection cause she looked away giving me a chance. 1/2 hr wait and a 45min tracking/dragging job put her in our freezer.
Go early, stay late, keep a low profile, be a student of the woods; listen to what he’s saying, don’t talk too much, and if you’re lucky- you might get a chance....

User avatar
hoobilly
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation
Posts: 5561
Joined: August 15th, 2011, 9:15 pm
Location: Argos Indiana

Re: Passing Time in the Tree

Post by hoobilly » October 8th, 2018, 7:17 am

Prospector wrote:
October 8th, 2018, 4:55 am
:thumbup: Ha! Unless I’m feeling charitable it’s” if the doe look, her goose is cooked!”. That’s what happened yesterday. Mature doe come slipping up the hill between timber and cutover. At 19yds and just days into the season she breaks her neck to look up at me. I must have passed inspection cause she looked away giving me a chance. 1/2 hr wait and a 45min tracking/dragging job put her in our freezer.
That’s the spirit!

I usually let a friend come over and get a doe. I tell them to not shoot the largest or smallest. Most ask me why not the largest. I tell them our gun season is hard on mature doe. I like to let them go to help teach the little ones who will lose their mommas

Post Reply

Return to “Gobbler Talk”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Cut N Run, firedup, Google [Bot] and 13 guests