I have a awesome girlfriend

A general discussion area for turkey hunters.
Post Reply
User avatar
ICDEDTURKES
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation
Posts: 6829
Joined: July 8th, 2011, 9:27 am

I have a awesome girlfriend

Post by ICDEDTURKES » August 28th, 2018, 8:53 pm

So she says some of your stuff came in. Like half of it. I walk into the garage to this. The Mora knives are amazing and we needed more. Those as seen on TV lights are a value at 10 bucks
13021.jpeg
Than she got me a new duck call, she's annoyed, I'm overjoyed.
13027.jpeg
Hooks Custom Calls Pro-Staff

User avatar
hoobilly
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation
Posts: 5450
Joined: August 15th, 2011, 9:15 pm
Location: Argos Indiana

Re: I have a awesome girlfriend

Post by hoobilly » August 28th, 2018, 9:40 pm

she's a keeper!

User avatar
Grumpy
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation
Posts: 4404
Joined: January 22nd, 2012, 12:03 pm
Location: N.C. Montana

Re: I have a awesome girlfriend

Post by Grumpy » August 28th, 2018, 10:22 pm

I also have an awesome girlfriend, I just wish my wife could get along with her a little better.
I was not his father but he was my son,,MAK IV, 10-15-1993 - 4-22-2007
"Rest in Peace my Little Buddy"

User avatar
ICDEDTURKES
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation
Posts: 6829
Joined: July 8th, 2011, 9:27 am

Re: I have a awesome girlfriend

Post by ICDEDTURKES » August 28th, 2018, 10:30 pm

hoobilly wrote:
August 28th, 2018, 9:40 pm
she's a keeper!
*Please hope she never sees this as we're arguing*

You are right, we're best friends and been together 18 years. I can honestly say I've never shared the woods with any better, myself included, she's a machine She's a fine a woodman you'll see.
Our whole life is hunting, whether building calls or guiding. I'd laugh when guys come to camp get her and sniker. I'm thinking "you know how many kills she has seen you'd change"
She'll gut and skin a deer fast as anyone. Yes I found a keeper.
And yes she spoils me!!
Hooks Custom Calls Pro-Staff

User avatar
ICDEDTURKES
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation
Posts: 6829
Joined: July 8th, 2011, 9:27 am

Re: I have a awesome girlfriend

Post by ICDEDTURKES » August 28th, 2018, 10:41 pm

Grumpy wrote:
August 28th, 2018, 10:22 pm
I also have an awesome girlfriend, I just wish my wife could get along with her a little better.
Threesome's are awesome, except when it's another guy, it gets painful. Best of luck!!!
P.S. Always be the poker and not pokie...
Hooks Custom Calls Pro-Staff

User avatar
OLE RASPY
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation
Posts: 2001
Joined: July 8th, 2011, 9:06 pm
Location: KENTUCKY

Re: I have a awesome girlfriend

Post by OLE RASPY » August 29th, 2018, 6:12 am

It’s like Christmas in August. 👍🏻
TURKEYS
COYOTES
DEER
SQUIRRELS
(all in this order)

User avatar
Waddle Whacker
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation
Posts: 2333
Joined: August 13th, 2012, 8:47 pm
Location: Louisiana

Re: I have a awesome girlfriend

Post by Waddle Whacker » August 29th, 2018, 9:22 am

Nice! What’s the deal with Mora knives? Never heard of em.
Feel, don't think. Trust your instincts.

User avatar
ICDEDTURKES
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation
Posts: 6829
Joined: July 8th, 2011, 9:27 am

Re: I have a awesome girlfriend

Post by ICDEDTURKES » August 29th, 2018, 9:20 pm

Waddle Whacker wrote:
August 29th, 2018, 9:22 am
Nice! What’s the deal with Mora knives? Never heard of em.
Don't quote me, Frost and Mora of sweeden combined. They are a very basic sharp knife, best value imo. I've had SS, but love the high carbon. It's patina pretty good but they sharpen like a dream I bought craftline or clipper have both. Absolutely perfect size for any animal.

People may laugh at colors we bought. But how many times you get done gutting and go with is my knife. Lol
Hooks Custom Calls Pro-Staff

User avatar
SwampDrummin
Posts: 212
Joined: January 5th, 2016, 5:38 pm

Re: I have a awesome girlfriend

Post by SwampDrummin » August 29th, 2018, 10:28 pm

She got a sister?

crow
Posts: 18
Joined: July 17th, 2017, 6:01 pm

Re: I have a awesome girlfriend

Post by crow » August 30th, 2018, 6:50 am

I've used the Mora carbon steel blades for the last 12 years, great blades for the money, easy to sharpen and hold their edge very well. We bought extras to use in the kitchen and house projects.

Have also been using the Frost horseshoeing hoof knives for just about 40 years, they are also a very good knife.

User avatar
ICDEDTURKES
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation
Posts: 6829
Joined: July 8th, 2011, 9:27 am

Re: I have a awesome girlfriend

Post by ICDEDTURKES » August 30th, 2018, 12:07 pm

Waddle Whacker wrote:
August 29th, 2018, 9:22 am
Nice! What’s the deal with Mora knives? Never heard of em.
Here's something everyone should have, this knife sharpener looks basic, but it's amazing. I use a lansky when I let them go to far. But this Lil guy will have you shaving all the hair off your arm in a minute. Blows away them lil stick ones.

I've bought them for most my friends. Had one buddy do a pack in trip, he came back said that he could cut down a tree after using.
R119_amazon_inuse_1200x.jpg
Hooks Custom Calls Pro-Staff

firedup
Posts: 152
Joined: November 25th, 2013, 7:51 pm

Re: I have a awesome girlfriend

Post by firedup » August 30th, 2018, 7:49 pm

She is definitely a KEEPER! X2 on the mora knives and the sharpener! I also have used the mora knives for years and prefer the carbon steel for the edge. But both carbon and ss are great deals. Solid camp, skinning, truck or whatever knives. Another great value is the wahoo killer knives. Basically a mora clone/ripoff and just about as good. And a lot cheaper too. Almost disposable.
https://www.budk.com/Wahoo-Killer-Knife-1038

User avatar
Waddle Whacker
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation
Posts: 2333
Joined: August 13th, 2012, 8:47 pm
Location: Louisiana

Re: I have a awesome girlfriend

Post by Waddle Whacker » August 31st, 2018, 12:17 pm

ICDEDTURKES wrote:
August 29th, 2018, 9:20 pm
Waddle Whacker wrote:
August 29th, 2018, 9:22 am
Nice! What’s the deal with Mora knives? Never heard of em.
Don't quote me, Frost and Mora of sweeden combined. They are a very basic sharp knife, best value imo. I've had SS, but love the high carbon. It's patina pretty good but they sharpen like a dream I bought craftline or clipper have both. Absolutely perfect size for any animal.

People may laugh at colors we bought. But how many times you get done gutting and go with is my knife. Lol
Thank ya sir. Just ordered 2 from amazon. Already use one of those sharpeners, and I agree, they’re great. They also work pretty well on most 2 blade broadheads that I shoot out of my recurve. I usually finish on a jewel stone and/or strop, but they’re sharp enough to kill with, right off the roller.
Feel, don't think. Trust your instincts.

User avatar
devastator
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation
Posts: 1561
Joined: July 27th, 2011, 4:46 pm
Location: some where in pa

Re: I have a awesome girlfriend

Post by devastator » August 31st, 2018, 7:26 pm

Waddle Whacker wrote:
August 31st, 2018, 12:17 pm
ICDEDTURKES wrote:
August 29th, 2018, 9:20 pm
Waddle Whacker wrote:
August 29th, 2018, 9:22 am
Nice! What’s the deal with Mora knives? Never heard of em.
Don't quote me, Frost and Mora of sweeden combined. They are a very basic sharp knife, best value imo. I've had SS, but love the high carbon. It's patina pretty good but they sharpen like a dream I bought craftline or clipper have both. Absolutely perfect size for any animal.

People may laugh at colors we bought. But how many times you get done gutting and go with is my knife. Lol
Thank ya sir. Just ordered 2 from amazon. Already use one of those sharpeners, and I agree, they’re great. They also work pretty well on most 2 blade broadheads that I shoot out of my recurve. I usually finish on a jewel stone and/or strop, but they’re sharp enough to kill with, right off the roller.
GOSH i wish i had a place to sharpen a knife :lol: :lol:
Image

User avatar
Sloppy_Snood
Posts: 512
Joined: September 26th, 2011, 7:52 pm
Location: Midwest
Contact:

Re: I have a awesome girlfriend

Post by Sloppy_Snood » September 1st, 2018, 3:38 pm

... I’ve met her; she does seem awesome.

QUESTION: why haven’t you proposed to her Mr. Nimmwhitt?

Love ya Sal! -Slopster
.
"If you are going to achieve excellence in big things, you develop the habit in little matters. Excellence is not an exception, it is a prevailing attitude."- General Colin Powell, Ret.

User avatar
CamoMan4025
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation
Posts: 2961
Joined: August 31st, 2011, 10:51 am
Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA

Re: I have a awesome girlfriend

Post by CamoMan4025 » September 2nd, 2018, 7:37 am

Well going on your recommendations, I ordered 3 of those RADA knife sharpners. I have never been able to sharpen a knife worth a hoot. This simple gadget got great reviews. I got a 3 pack of them from Amazon for $20! Probably give one to a buddy and my son.

Thanks,

Kevin
"God, Guts & High Explosives"

User avatar
hoobilly
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation
Posts: 5450
Joined: August 15th, 2011, 9:15 pm
Location: Argos Indiana

Re: I have a awesome girlfriend

Post by hoobilly » September 2nd, 2018, 7:44 am

Sloppy_Snood wrote:
September 1st, 2018, 3:38 pm
... I’ve met her; she does seem awesome.

QUESTION: why haven’t you proposed to her Mr. Nimmwhitt?

Love ya Sal! -Slopster
I wonder the same thing!

Post Reply

Return to “Gobbler Talk”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 17 guests