Cat on the prowl

A general discussion area for turkey hunters.
OLE RASPY
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Cat on the prowl

Post by OLE RASPY »

Got this bobcat on trail cam. Never seen a bobcat that had white on its ears like this.
F1C3153B-F451-4ABE-B322-D6639194DE3A.jpeg
2BD77DAA-E2B4-47C5-A1A6-A83D58016AD3.jpeg
BF214582-FBC4-481B-8BC4-50D64A870F0A.jpeg
TURKEYS
COYOTES
DEER
SQUIRRELS
(all in this order)
Hoobilly
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Re: Cat on the prowl

Post by Hoobilly »

I don't think I have ever seen one that red before

cool!
Don't start none, won't be none!

https://foxtrotammo.com/
OLE RASPY
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by OLE RASPY »

Yea it is red but I think that’ll change as it gets colder.
TURKEYS
COYOTES
DEER
SQUIRRELS
(all in this order)
guesswho
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by guesswho »

White on the ears is a common trait, at least around here. They are pure death, probably my favorite critter.
Double Naught Spy!
RCD's Owner----------------Badonka Deke Prostaff
MoHo's Prostaff-------------Lighter Than HTL Shooter
The Storm Whistle Prostaff
Official Member Of The Unofficial Firedup Turkey Calls Prostaff
jryser

Post by jryser »

Love seeing them in the wild. Had one I filmed last year; big mature tom. Had no idea I was there. Just amazing watching him
OLE RASPY
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by OLE RASPY »

jryser wrote: August 18th, 2018, 2:28 pm Love seeing them in the wild. Had one I filmed last year; big mature tom. Had no idea I was there. Just amazing watching him
Well I can’t say I have ever got to watch them. I killed one the year 2000 and killed one in 2015 and had it mounted. have only seen 2 cubs since. I saw 2 cubs playing about 8 years ago for about 10 seconds while deer hunting, they were in some tall grass. And I saw 2 yesterday when I went to pull my card out of a trespassing camera I got setup. Hoping they were on it but the camera died on aug.3rd. Lol. I watched them down by my creek as I was driving down the hill in truck. They left pretty quick. My wife killed one a couple years ago but I never seen it till she shot. Lol. They making a comeback here. I got one on my camera all winter but this one is different it’s got white on its ears. They are pretty.
TURKEYS
COYOTES
DEER
SQUIRRELS
(all in this order)
Cut N Run

Post by Cut N Run »

Most big cats have white on their ears, except for Puma, black Leopard and Caracal. IIRC, it is so the cubs can see the adults in high grass.

I used to work at a breeding compound for third World endangered carnivores. We had Tigers, Leopards, Jaguars, Serval, Caracal, Lynx, Ocelot, Margay, Snow Leopard, Puma, and Leopard Cat. I got to learn about and work with many different species. Pound for pound, the baddest cat on the planet is a Leopard Cat (Felis minota), They're tiny, but they're seriously souped up wild cats. Of the big cats, Jaguars would just as soon kill you as look at you. There's not much reasoning with or changing a Jaguar's mind.

Jim

Return to “Gobbler Talk”