FALL TURKEY HUNTING...

A general discussion area for turkey hunters.
quavers16

Re: FALL TURKEY HUNTING...

Post by quavers16 »

I am trying to practice the KEE-KEE-RUNS twice a week. I have a MAD ALUMINATOR that throws out some really good whistles.
quavers16

Post by quavers16 »

I have seen 2 broods so far in New York. June for the most part has been dry. I think there will be plenty of Jakes and Jennies around for me to go after in Late Oct in New York and NOV in New Jersey.
bbcustomboxcalls

Post by bbcustomboxcalls »

Great time of year to be in the woods. Also not nearly as much competition from other hunters as in the Spring.

Bill
jryser

Post by jryser »

Can’t wait for fall so I can shoot a hen and make some wingbone calls

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
quavers16

Post by quavers16 »

I think this coming Fall,I will get out much earlier in New Jersey when their Season opens in NOV. Last few years, I am seeing more and more Hikers getting out extra early. Even around Sunrise.. Public Lands are getting Tougher-LOL!
Gobblegitr

Post by Gobblegitr »

Love fall hunting, the birds here in Iowa are gregarious that time of year and fencerows with grasshoppers prior to frost are a major food source. It is fun getting a gang o’ jakes gobbling in the fall. Helped get fall turkey hunting passed here a few years ago (am on NWTF state bd), but there are very few guys chasin turkeys here in fall

Return to “Gobbler Talk”