Thoughts?

A general discussion area for turkey hunters.
ICDEDTURKES
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Thoughts?

Post by ICDEDTURKES »

With Reaping or , fanning, Mechanical decoys now illegal here, what's your thoughts on this sweatshirt and would it be considered mechanical or just attire?
32468689_1808467802792502_1564629377314979840_o.jpg
coconut

Re: Thoughts?

Post by coconut »

Should be real good on call shy public land hunts.
guesswho
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by guesswho »

I'd rather have a hen on the front, then wear a gobbler head facemask.
Double Naught Spy!
RCD's Owner----------------Badonka Deke Prostaff
MoHo's Prostaff-------------Lighter Than HTL Shooter
The Storm Whistle Prostaff
Official Member Of The Unofficial Firedup Turkey Calls Prostaff
Hoobilly
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Hoobilly »

attire 100%

but anyone who would wear that in the woods shouldn't be a organ donor..
Don't start none, won't be none!

https://foxtrotammo.com/
coconut

Post by coconut »

How far will 8’s penetrate human hide?
Hoobilly
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Hoobilly »

coconut wrote: May 16th, 2018, 10:08 pm How far will 8’s penetrate human hide?
I don’t ever want to find out
Don't start none, won't be none!

https://foxtrotammo.com/
joey46

Post by joey46 »

ICDEDTURKES wrote: May 16th, 2018, 8:57 pm With Reaping or , fanning, Mechanical decoys now illegal here, what's your thoughts on this sweatshirt and would it be considered mechanical or just attire?

I would love to wear that shirt to our NWTF banquet next January. Just curious as to where reaping, fanning, and mechanical decoys are illegal? I haven't been following the latest legal updates on these practices.
ICDEDTURKES
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by ICDEDTURKES »

joey46 wrote: May 17th, 2018, 7:59 am
ICDEDTURKES wrote: May 16th, 2018, 8:57 pm With Reaping or , fanning, Mechanical decoys now illegal here, what's your thoughts on this sweatshirt and would it be considered mechanical or just attire?

I would love to wear that shirt to our NWTF banquet next January. Just curious as to where reaping, fanning, and mechanical decoys are illegal? I haven't been following the latest legal updates on these practices.
Michigan
Longspurs

Post by Longspurs »

I haven't heard about the ban either... good for Michigan.
Hopefully more/all states will outlaw it and the fanners will have to hunt the birds. Most will go back to video games or whatever they did before the fad lol. The rest will just sit next to a field and saw on the ol boxcall and enjoy the same success ratio they formerly had.
OLE RASPY
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by OLE RASPY »

Hell I’d wear it. I ain’t skeered. Can’t be a candy ass. 😜
TURKEYS
COYOTES
DEER
SQUIRRELS
(all in this order)
timbrhuntr
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by timbrhuntr »

Longspurs wrote: May 17th, 2018, 10:43 am I haven't heard about the ban either... good for Michigan.
Hopefully more/all states will outlaw it and the fanners will have to hunt the birds. Most will go back to video games or whatever they did before the fad lol. The rest will just sit next to a field and saw on the ol boxcall and enjoy the same success ratio they formerly had.
Another hero !

I hunted with an oldtimer from Georgia that u probably couldn't tie his shoes and he told me about it and used a fan occasionally. Oh he had been doing it for 30 years lol.
Oh and by the way I've killed 3 birds this year with it. Then this week decided to go the easy route and just take a call gun and seat. Well as usual too easy home for breakfast.lol
OLE RASPY
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by OLE RASPY »

Dontcha just love the hero’s. 👍🏻
TURKEYS
COYOTES
DEER
SQUIRRELS
(all in this order)
Grumpy
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Grumpy »

Not for me, to many clowns around that would love to bounce a rifle bullet off things like that.
I was not his father but he was my son,,MAK IV, 10-15-1993 - 4-22-2007
"Rest in Peace my Little Buddy"
BeardBuster

Post by BeardBuster »

Just think how effective this headgear would be with that sweatshirt!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
timbrhuntr
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by timbrhuntr »

Oh I forgot to add its nothing new in Michigan you never could do it but this year they just made the law clear ! So for the past few years I've killed my bird every spring without being able to pull the fan out. So don't knock sitting on the field edge sawing on a box call it works . :toothy7:

I do agree with stumpy I wouldn't be crawling around with a fan in states that allow rifle in spring turkey. But I don't walk or crawl around in open fields with it just keep it folded up in my vest as another tool if needed !
Longspurs

Post by Longspurs »

timbrhuntr wrote: May 17th, 2018, 8:16 pm
Longspurs wrote: May 17th, 2018, 10:43 am I haven't heard about the ban either... good for Michigan.
Another hero !

I hunted with an oldtimer from Georgia that u probably couldn't tie his shoes and he told me about it and used a fan occasionally. Oh he had been doing it for 30 years lol.
Oh and by the way I've killed 3 birds this year with it. Then this week decided to go the easy route and just take a call gun and seat. Well as usual too easy home for breakfast.lol
So your saying using a fan is harder than calling a Gobbler?LOl
You farm field hunters really need to try some Mississippi or Arkansas public WOODS birds I think it would be an experience for you experts. And why are you tying some old mans shoes in Georgia?
And if fanning is just as challenging as calling and your such an expert why all the crying when they ban the practice lol. Yankees
timbrhuntr
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by timbrhuntr »

I've hunted in Georgia, Alabama,Florida on public but not Mississippi or Arkansas but I heard Alabama birds are toughest though. I'm not crying and really could care less if they ban it but it bugs me when some think that their way is the only way and other tactics should be banned because then nobody would be as good a hunter as they are ! :roll:
timbrhuntr
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by timbrhuntr »

Also as far as fanning being easier i've had birds that I had to reposition several times on that would see the fan and not come closer then had birds that I sat in the woods and made a yelp and some cutts and they about ran me over !
turkeyinstrut
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by turkeyinstrut »

I would make sure I had my Will already made out before donning this in the turkey woods.......Just say'n........But who's to say, it might just work.............NOT. :wave:
quavers16

Post by quavers16 »

Hope no one wears that tomorrow on New Yorks crowded Public Lands!!

Return to “Gobbler Talk”