Nomad vest

A general discussion area for turkey hunters.
Turkinator
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Nomad vest

Post by Turkinator »

I just got home from Kentucky and had in the mail the Nomad vest I snagged on eBay. I had about given up on vests because I never could find one comfortable to hunt in. Most hang to low and hit you in the backside as you walk. This Nomad vest rides high and is very comfortable. Believe I've found the one for me! This one had to be designed by Turkey hunters.
Hoobilly
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Re: Nomad vest

Post by Hoobilly »

Based off the Dixon and I love my Dixon
Don't start none, won't be none!

https://foxtrotammo.com/
Waddle Whacker
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Waddle Whacker »

I hunt a Dixon. Figured I’d give the Nomad a shot and let Bob rest for a while, he’s getting old. I loved the layout, because it’s basically the same. I also found it to be real comfortable and it fit well. And it weighs much less than the Dixon. The only thing I really didn’t like was the striker pouches. They were too short for every striker I own. I could easily see myself losing a striker or two out of this vest. Did you have issues with your strikers fitting?
Feel, don't think. Trust your instincts.
Turkinator
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Turkinator »

My strikers fit in mine. Even my Harold Foweler's. .
chipper

Post by chipper »

Waddle Whacker wrote: April 22nd, 2018, 8:46 am I hunt a Dixon. Figured I’d give the Nomad a shot and let Bob rest for a while, he’s getting old. I loved the layout, because it’s basically the same. I also found it to be real comfortable and it fit well. And it weighs much less than the Dixon. The only thing I really didn’t like was the striker pouches. They were too short for every striker I own. I could easily see myself losing a striker or two out of this vest. Did you have issues with your strikers fitting?
I lost one of my favorite strikers this week because if this. I hate it but I did have a duplicate at the house.
chipper

Post by chipper »

I bought one at the convention and I like it but not as much as my Dixon, I've retired the Dixon, but won't be happy with another vest I'm afraid, I did loose one of my favorite strikers this past week and am sick over that but had a duplicate at the house to replace it.
Waddle Whacker
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Waddle Whacker »

chipper wrote: April 23rd, 2018, 3:05 am I bought one at the convention and I like it but not as much as my Dixon, I've retired the Dixon, but won't be happy with another vest I'm afraid, I did loose one of my favorite strikers this past week and am sick over that but had a duplicate at the house to replace it.
Not surprised you lost one. I was pretty pleased with the vest, overall. It’s unfortunate that my strikers don’t fit. I’ve gone back to my Dixon.
Feel, don't think. Trust your instincts.
Shellwaster

Post by Shellwaster »

I’ve been using the limbhanger since they came out and while it’s functional and carries everything I need, I’ve had to supplement the butt pad with an additional cushion and the back padding is poor at best. It’s literally 1/4” open cell foam that fits between your shoulder blades.
If the nomad has better seat and back cushion it may be worth me looking into.

Return to “Gobbler Talk”