Texas Rio Recommendation?

A general discussion area for turkey hunters.
Southern Sportsman
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Texas Rio Recommendation?

Post by Southern Sportsman »

I am looking into a trip for me and a couple buddies for next year. I've never hunted Rios and would love to give Texas a whirl. I don't mind paying a fair price for a good hunt, but I don't need 5 star accommodations or a full-time guide. What is a ball-park price for say a 3 day hunt? Any recommendations on where to go?

Thanks.
I go stubbornly into error by myself, and reach my own fallacious conclusions using my own faulty data. ~Tom Kelly
phutch30

Re: Texas Rio Recommendation?

Post by phutch30 »

They start at about $850 for 2 birds/2.5 days....more u pay u usually end up with better hunting. Ive been told. The southern season opens a couple weeks earlier in mid march vs the northern season which opens in april
OLE RASPY
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by OLE RASPY »

I payed $750 1 bird in 2013. Had a good trip. Non guided.Kenny mccrea outdoors. San Angelo Texas.
TURKEYS
COYOTES
DEER
SQUIRRELS
(all in this order)
ICDEDTURKES
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by ICDEDTURKES »

Not Texas but give ya idea on price we do western okie 1050 lodging no meals .Granted I love cooking as much as hunting and the guys eat with us as I make to much most days.

I went Texas 750 lodging no meals. It was alright
Southern Sportsman
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Southern Sportsman »

ICDEDTURKES wrote: April 20th, 2018, 10:17 am Not Texas but give ya idea on price we do western okie 1050 lodging no meals .Granted I love cooking as much as hunting and the guys eat with us as I make to much most days.

I’m not necessiarly tied to TX. I like cooking as well, so lodging with a stove of some sort would be perfect. How would you compare TX to OK turkey-wise? And how many birds do you get on the OK hunt?
I go stubbornly into error by myself, and reach my own fallacious conclusions using my own faulty data. ~Tom Kelly
ICDEDTURKES
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by ICDEDTURKES »

Southern Sportsman wrote: April 20th, 2018, 11:26 am
ICDEDTURKES wrote: April 20th, 2018, 10:17 am Not Texas but give ya idea on price we do western okie 1050 lodging no meals .Granted I love cooking as much as hunting and the guys eat with us as I make to much most days.

I’m not necessiarly tied to TX. I like cooking as well, so lodging with a stove of some sort would be perfect. How would you compare TX to OK turkey-wise? And how many birds do you get on the OK hunt?
It's good. You get 2 birds. I'll pm you my #
fountain

Post by fountain »

Are you in OK now?
ICDEDTURKES
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by ICDEDTURKES »

fountain wrote: April 20th, 2018, 3:15 pm Are you in OK now?
Supposed to be, we had a guide run a few early hunts while we were in Florida, but gave our lodge up to those fighting the wildfires. I'm bummed, but that's more important
fountain

Post by fountain »

ICDEDTURKES wrote: April 20th, 2018, 4:00 pm
fountain wrote: April 20th, 2018, 3:15 pm Are you in OK now?
Supposed to be, we had a guide run a few early hunts while we were in Florida, but gave our lodge up to those fighting the wildfires. I'm bummed, but that's more important
Ok, was gonna give you a shout and maybe we could meet up out there.

Return to “Gobbler Talk”