va opening day

A general discussion area for turkey hunters.
willie

va opening day

Post by willie »

well i had a friend come by and ask me to take him turkey hunting and he said his cousin owned the land and it was beautiful hardwoods.i told him sure and to pick me up at 5:15 and he could use my gun.well we went to his spot and sure enough it was beautiful oaks.we stood outside truck eating biscuit and drinking soft drink.i told him how good the oaks smell.it wasn't long before a gobbler gobbled about 400 yards from us.we headed over to the turkey which was gobbling about every 3-5 minutes.i told him we would set next to two huge oaks which were about 50 yards from us.just as we got 10 yards of tree he gobbled on ground about 100 yards from us.i told him to set here and i retreated about 40 yards and set at a huge oak.turkey gobbled again while i was getting headset on gloves etc.i took my tube caller and yelped 2 yelps and he cut me off.he was just a little to my right and my buddy was dead in front of me.i clucked at him once and nothing and i waited about 10 seconds and clucked again BAM he was 75 yards in front of buddy.i thought won't be long.i set there about 1 minute and things were silent then BOOM! and i heard flopping.i saw him get up and i started putting callers back in pouch.then here he comes with my gun and a turkey thrower over his shoulder and a huge smile.10 1/2" beard,7/8 sharp spurs and 19 3/4 pounds.all this didn't take 15 minutes from time we started in woods.this was only his 3rd turkey he ever killed and he was 37 years old.tss 1 3/4ounce #8 12 gauge winchester sx3 with jebs 655 choke.
Spurhunter

Re: va opening day

Post by Spurhunter »

Flash hunt! Nothing like them. Congratulations!!
Harrington's Hunting & Outdoor Products LLC

Preserving Hunting Memories for a Lifetime

View my products at:
http://www.Etsy.com - HarringtonOutdoor's

http://www.Ebay.com - Gobblergetter

NWTF Member
NRA Member

Return to “Gobbler Talk”