FIRST GOBBLE HEARD THIS YEAR!

A general discussion area for turkey hunters.
quavers16

FIRST GOBBLE HEARD THIS YEAR!

Post by quavers16 »

Afternoon good members. I heard my 1st Gobbler of the year this morning! Right near to my house as well. I live in Orange County NY and this was a great start to St. Patrick's Day!
hobbes

Re: FIRST GOBBLE HEARD THIS YEAR!

Post by hobbes »

That first gobble of the year is always a glorious moment. I'll be in eastern MT some over the next couple weeks and hope to stop along a riverbottom and hear the first gobbles of the year.
soiltester
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by soiltester »

:cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

The one in my yard stretches his head out and his head appears to be making noise ... but I'm in need of someone to listen for me this year :banghead:
Dang sinus and hearin' loss and my 1 hearin' aid helps .. close up anyway :LMAO:
ever wonder where the white goes when the snow melts??
Cut N Run

Post by Cut N Run »

Congrats on the gobbles guys. I heard my chainsaw running most of the day. Recent wind storms brought too many trees down around the horse farms and I've been clearing trees off trails all day long. One big widowmaker pine was being held up by 4 sourwoods and a maple. I took the limbs and logs and made a turkey blind with them. I'll be able to quietly slip down the horse trail and climb right into the log blind in what used to be wide open timber. It is on the high ground just above the swamp where I killed my first bird last year. Hopefully the snakes won't find it a good place to take up a home. I plan to get out in the morning to listen, rain or no rain.

Jim
OLE RASPY
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by OLE RASPY »

Yea I heard my first last weekend
TURKEYS
COYOTES
DEER
SQUIRRELS
(all in this order)
Weekend Woodsmen

Post by Weekend Woodsmen »

We heard one this morning! Always exciting!
Weekend Woodsmen
Cut N Run

Post by Cut N Run »

I didn't get to go listen this morning, BUT the farm owner texted me that she saw a flock of 30 turkeys in the field across the dirt road from her farm. Made my day. To be sure, some of them will stay in the area.

Jim

Return to “Gobbler Talk”