Oscellated Outfitter

A general discussion area for turkey hunters.
HarleyRiders97

Oscellated Outfitter

Post by HarleyRiders97 »

Looking for an Oscellated outfitter. I'd like information from members that have actually gone on this hunt for their recommendations, complaints, etc. Thanks in advance.....
Jamey

Re: Oscellated Outfitter

Post by Jamey »

Contact Kevin Farr of PeckerWrecker turkey calls.
soiltester
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by soiltester »

Unless things have changed since 2013 and they no longer use # 2's only :shock: have cleaned the guns 100% :LMAO:
There were lot's of cripples and feather patches blown off of beautiful capes for mounting. :banghead: At least I didn't have any cripples and gun jamin' problem, but missing feathers .. ssssshhhheeeeccchhhh
Don't let any taxi book you on a Campeche hunt with Jorge Luis Sansores Baranda.
Other than that, top notch food, drinks and hospitality and extremely great people!!!

Love to hear if things have changed and hope he got my somewhat shocked message, when I tore an 1100 apart and couldn't do much with it!!
ever wonder where the white goes when the snow melts??
fountain

Post by fountain »

Yukkutz or so halcon . I plan to speak to both tomorrow
fountain

Post by fountain »

If/when we go, were going with El Halcon
bpettet

Post by bpettet »

Also curious on this subject. Any experiences with Rio Sonora Outfitters (RSO)?
LI Outdoorsman

Post by LI Outdoorsman »

I got my occellated a few years ago with an outfit called Balam...we were deep in the jungle and hunted with well used guns and any ammo they could beg borrow or smuggle. Got my bird on the 3rd day of a 5 day hunt..tried hunting other bird species but that ammo was just so poor..they worked hard in camp and the food and experience was amazing..Ive heard about other outfitters where u basically stay at a resort and shoot turkeys from a flock out of a blind...this wasn't that type of hunt..it was rugged jungle hunting where we hunted and ate what the jungle provided.. I also hunted for Gould's with el halcon before Manuel was well known..his operation and family are top notch..at the time he wasn't doing occellated hunts. Even though I had a cool experience with Balam if I was to go again for an occellated I would definitely consider El halcon.

Return to “Gobbler Talk”