Durn straight!

A general discussion area for turkey hunters.
howl
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Durn straight!

Post by howl »

27292668_10212360088850725_901070530_n.png
Hoobilly
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Re: Durn straight!

Post by Hoobilly »

Exactly
Don't start none, won't be none!

https://foxtrotammo.com/
Hoobilly
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Hoobilly »

But I see a need for a blind now and then. Especially with some youngsters
Don't start none, won't be none!

https://foxtrotammo.com/
jhogue

Post by jhogue »

I can't claim to have started turkey hunting in the 80's, but turkey hunting for me is and never will be like deer hunting. The biggest thing I noticed has changed for me in relation to turkey or deer hunting, is that I wish I could effectively call deer and they respond to me. Guess I'll have to find a way to become an elk hunter to make that work out...
soiltester
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by soiltester »

Awwww, come on, it always get's better and doesn't go backwards .. unless ya' want it to :shock: :lol:

And there's always going to be change, whether we like it or not :banghead: :banghead:
ever wonder where the white goes when the snow melts??
Grumpy
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Grumpy »

Old age tired legs has me in a blind, just a piece of burlap draped over a fence to sit behind and a slit cut in it to shoot from, it is what it is and I will make no apology for using it.
I was not his father but he was my son,,MAK IV, 10-15-1993 - 4-22-2007
"Rest in Peace my Little Buddy"
paboxcall

Post by paboxcall »

I see the author's point, but blinds have a place. I don't use a blind, never used one, but those who do step inside a blind most often don't have access to half million + acres of public forested land within a 3-hour drive. So, if I hunted field edges on a couple hundred acre lease I'd own a blind too.
"Sit down wrong, and you're beat." Jim Spencer

Don't go this year where youtubers went last year.
OLE RASPY
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by OLE RASPY »

paboxcall wrote: January 26th, 2018, 1:59 pm I see the author's point, but blinds have a place. I don't use a blind, never used one, but those who do step inside a blind most often don't have access to half million + acres of public forested land within a 3-hour drive. So, if I hunted field edges on a couple hundred acre lease I'd own a blind too.
understood
TURKEYS
COYOTES
DEER
SQUIRRELS
(all in this order)
guesswho
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by guesswho »

I started in the 60's and feel the same way. Turkey hunting has changed a lot, as has everything else. But one thing to remember, it only changes if you do. I hunt how I want to, but have no problem with others doing the same. The only time I take offense is when others suggest to new hunters they should get X-brand decoys, double bs blind etc. But as soon as someone suggests the new guy try it without some of the newer innovations they're tagged as an arrogant elitist.

I went through several progressions and digressions over the years but still hunt about the same way as I did in the 60's. And still manage to kill a couple here and there. I will admit I've made upgrades to some equipment like guns and shells, but the actual pursuit is about the same. But like I said earlier, I hunt the way that brings me the most enjoyment and satisfaction, and encourage people to experiment and do the same.
Last edited by guesswho on January 26th, 2018, 8:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Double Naught Spy!
RCD's Owner----------------Badonka Deke Prostaff
MoHo's Prostaff-------------Lighter Than HTL Shooter
The Storm Whistle Prostaff
Official Member Of The Unofficial Firedup Turkey Calls Prostaff
Roy

Post by Roy »

i like calling. For me it's a big part of it. But, it is what it is
" Y'all keep discussing it among yourselves...I'm sneakin' in to pop the noisy one. " - Stinky J Picklestein
coconut

Post by coconut »

I started in the 70’s and it was much more challenging Everything is much to easy now and i suspect unless someone figures out some better techniques on how to increase the turkey population you will hear a lot more people saying “they just weren’t gobbling this morning “

Return to “Gobbler Talk”