Vests

A general discussion area for turkey hunters.

Do you wear a vest?

Yes
82%
No
18%

Total votes: 133

ncturkey

Re: Vests

Post by ncturkey »

I use the Alps Grandslam Vest with the frame. Love it.
Mike
Gooserbat

Post by Gooserbat »

Some times I don't but more than likely I will wear mine
Momma did you hear that gooserbat?
agturkey

Post by agturkey »

Alps Long Spur is the best mix of both worlds if you use any type of ground seat, run and gun, or sit and wait that I have found.

http://www.alpsoutdoorz.com/products/nw ... /long-spur

It is easy to customize it...that being said their is a place for a vest to utilize in scenarios when you have to go down quick any where such as no tree situation. That is when a vest with instant back support really shines. Lots of great options there in that category.

I would like to see a 100 percent waterproof rain vest one day...strictly just for those days that is does not let up.
Cut N Run

Post by Cut N Run »

I'll sometimes hide my vest when I run & gun, but if I'm going turkey hunting, my vest is going with me.

Jim
Tankdog78

Post by Tankdog78 »

I just got a tenzing tp14 with the legs for this year. I hunted with old Tom essentials vest which was good but not enough room in the front pockets to be able to carry everything I wanted to. The public land I hunt on I can cover 12 miles in a day and like to have my stuff with me, calls and all but also a sandwich snacks and some water and then some. I like having the options for calls that having a vest affords me. I’m looking forward to trying out the kick stand legs to see if they are worth the hassle. So far from trying it on and sitting in it around the house it seems like a comfortable chair when used.
Eclipseman

Post by Eclipseman »

ICDEDTURKES wrote: January 12th, 2018, 11:31 am I know a vest is kind of a staple for alot a folks. I cannot remember the last one I've owned. The more years I hunt the less I carry.

Most days you'll find me in a pair of wrangler Riggs green cargo pants, a hoodie or depending on temp a button down down either dura lite from ol Tom or mossy oak button down

I carry a couple pots and strikers in an ol Tom pot call holder that clips to my belt loop( it's awesome). Owl an crow in cargo pocket. Tube and trumpet around neck. 3 mouth calls in a primos carrier in pocket. That's about it. Oh an chew but sal said them days are about be done lol

So who all goes vestless, just making conversation
I carry a vest pretty much just for the seat cushion and back pad. Flips down very easy and makes leaning against a tree for a few hours very easy.
appalachianassassin
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by appalachianassassin »

guesswho wrote: January 12th, 2018, 1:49 pm I went vestless and face mask free last year. I've always had more issues with a face mask than a vest, but don't miss either one. If I can't get him in shotgun range with a mouth call and a wingbone style call I'll just go home and get the rifle.
im in the same boat as Ronnie here. no vest, headnet or gloves. I carry 1 pot - 1 striker - 1 trumpet - and 2 mouthcalls. for some reason I still carry a big azz 12ga but mostly because im to cheap to buy another turkey gun.
oh yeah, gotta have my chew and a aluminum bottle full of coffee.
El Sicario

Return to “Gobbler Talk”