Florida quota Hunts

A general discussion area for turkey hunters.
Gobbler
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Florida quota Hunts

Post by Gobbler »

Just a reminder application periods start in November for WMA spring turkey quota hunts. Go to FWC.com to apply its free and GOOD LUCK.

Don't ask where to apply. If it is a quote limited access hunt...Its good!
timbrhuntr
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Re: Florida quota Hunts

Post by timbrhuntr »

Where do u get off advertizing florida hunts on here u should be banned :o :D

Last year i applied and when I checked it said I had been awarded a permit but it was returned :scratch: :dontknow:
I tried to contact them several times to see what that meant and who would have returned it they didn't ever return my calls or emails. :angry5:
The year before I got a permit but they told me they couldn't send it to my address in Canada I would need one in the US. Huh? They also told me that I would get a letter telling me the code for gate access but it wouldn't arrive before I left. Trying to get that access code was some fun. The first day I went to the wma they had a big plate on the gate arm with 8 locks on it. Just for the heck of it I lifted it and found that it was unlocked too much trouble to use all those locks I guess. I got a big lecture from the gate attendee :roll: but I already shot my golden bird. :angel4:

I guess I should add the first year I went it was a great experience and everyone was very helpful not sure what changes they made to the department after that but every year since has been a hassle . :dontknow:
joey46

Post by joey46 »

If you made this post on Florida Sportsman several guys would be very unhappy. :violent1: The local boys like to keep the app period a secret until 12/1. Almost funny. Preference points are what is needed to draw a super hunt. Only way to get them is to apply every year. Well worth it. Good luck.
ICDEDTURKES
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by ICDEDTURKES »

joey46 wrote: October 13th, 2017, 1:07 pm If you made this post on Florida Sportsman several guys would be very unhappy. :violent1: The local boys like to keep the app period a secret until 12/1. Almost funny. Preference points are what is needed to draw a super hunt. Only way to get them is to apply every year. Well worth it. Good luck.
Is it like our bear draw where you can just buy a preference point and keep in the system til I actually wanna apply and go if enough points.

Like now I'm setting on 14 points for our best bear unit, but I keep getting points instead of actually applieng.
BumbleFoot

Post by BumbleFoot »

Gobbler wrote: October 13th, 2017, 5:37 am Just a reminder application periods start in November for WMA spring turkey quota hunts. Go to FWC.com to apply its free and GOOD LUCK.

Don't ask where to apply. If it is a quote limited access hunt...Its good!
I think it’s “free” only after buying one of their annual WMA permits for $25+. That might not apply for kids and senior citizens. The rest gotta pay.
Gobbler
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Gobbler »

This is Gobbler Nation we share and help each other. As a founding member from Michigan once said... Its a tight group here, like sitting around the camp fire.
I'D ban any Florida Sportsman members if I could prove it. But I can't :LMAO:
joey46

Post by joey46 »

The ins and outs of the Florida quota system can be confusing since there are two types of permits (Regular Quota and Special Opportunity) with different rules for each. It is all explained on the FWC web site. Making the regular quota permits non-transferable took a lot of the "gaming" out of the system. Preference points can not be purchased as such. Probably already said too much - glad I use different user names on different forums :shock: :lol:
ICDEDTURKES
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by ICDEDTURKES »

joey46 wrote: October 14th, 2017, 7:10 am The ins and outs of the Florida quota system can be confusing since there are two types of permits (Regular Quota and Special Opportunity) with different rules for each. It is all explained on the FWC web site. Making the regular quota permits non-transferable took a lot of the "gaming" out of the system. Preference points can not be purchased as such. Probably already said too much - glad I use different user names on different forums :shock: :lol:
Thank you

I tend to just ask game law questions on forums that way I don't have to read a book and some random poster on interweb tends to be more credible. :LMAO:
joey46

Post by joey46 »

You're welcome. Many will be happy to answer Florida questions as PMs.

Return to “Gobbler Talk”