Vegas shooter

A general discussion area for turkey hunters.
Hoobilly
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Vegas shooter

Post by Hoobilly »

Hearing reports that he may've used a M204

my thoughts was that the evil turd could have used one of those 100 round drum magazine

and the idiot commie libtards are saying they hope Trump supporters have died

what a bunch of sickos
Don't start none, won't be none!

https://foxtrotammo.com/
HunterGKS
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Re: Vegas shooter

Post by HunterGKS »

This is supposition on my part based on my time in the military & owning/being around firearms for 50+ years.
I saw the videos with the accompanying audio & the sound was undeniably that of fully automatic gunfire. It is already illegal to own any fully automatic firearms unless they are registered with the Fed. Govt. It da mn ed near takes an act of Congress to get that registration. A semi-automatic rifle can be converted to fully automatic but that is still illegal. No new laws could have possibly stopped this evil maniac.
Under the National Firearms Act of 1934 full auto firearms are required to be registered with the ATF. In order to register, you must have a tax stamp. To obtain the tax stamp, you must pay the ATF $200. The ATF will ask for some additional paperwork including fingerprints and a photograph - basically everything they need to do a background check. In conclusion: you can own a full auto if you pay the ATF $200. They will send you a "tax stamp" to let you know it is legal for you to possess the firearm in question.
The main issue with full autos is that the registry was closed in 1986; meaning no fully automatic firearms made after 1986 can be registered. So to obtain a full auto today, you have to find a full auto made before 1986 and convince the current owner to sell it to you. The limited supply means you will pay a pretty penny for a full auto firearm today.
The other way to obtain a full auto, legally, is to obtain a "post-'86 dealer sample". The way you can that is to be an FFL and have a law enforcement organization request that you obtain a sample - maybe an MP5 - so that the law enforcement organization can evaluate the weapon(s) for possible use. After you obtain this "dealer sample" you're allowed to keep at as long as you remain a going concern (e.g. stay in business).
George

YOU KNOW YOU HAVE TO KEEP YOUR BODY STILL. YOUR HEART JUST HASN'T CAUGHT ON.

.17 = NITRO OF THE RIMFIRE WORLD USAF 1969-1973

Hoobilly
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Hoobilly »

HunterGKS wrote: October 2nd, 2017, 8:32 pm This is supposition on my part based on my time in the military & owning/being around firearms for 50+ years.
I saw the videos with the accompanying audio & the sound was undeniably that of fully automatic gunfire. It is already illegal to own any fully automatic firearms unless they are registered with the Fed. Govt. It da mn ed near takes an act of Congress to get that registration. A semi-automatic rifle can be converted to fully automatic but that is still illegal. No new laws could have possibly stopped this evil maniac.
Under the National Firearms Act of 1934 full auto firearms are required to be registered with the ATF. In order to register, you must have a tax stamp. To obtain the tax stamp, you must pay the ATF $200. The ATF will ask for some additional paperwork including fingerprints and a photograph - basically everything they need to do a background check. In conclusion: you can own a full auto if you pay the ATF $200. They will send you a "tax stamp" to let you know it is legal for you to possess the firearm in question.
The main issue with full autos is that the registry was closed in 1986; meaning no fully automatic firearms made after 1986 can be registered. So to obtain a full auto today, you have to find a full auto made before 1986 and convince the current owner to sell it to you. The limited supply means you will pay a pretty penny for a full auto firearm today.
The other way to obtain a full auto, legally, is to obtain a "post-'86 dealer sample". The way you can that is to be an FFL and have a law enforcement organization request that you obtain a sample - maybe an MP5 - so that the law enforcement organization can evaluate the weapon(s) for possible use. After you obtain this "dealer sample" you're allowed to keep at as long as you remain a going concern (e.g. stay in business).
exactly..
its reported he has purchased 30 guns.. wether or not he legally obtained said guns is not the issue. The issue is he had to have modified a legally obtained weapon to make it full auto, and or its stolen. No report that he has purchased a stamp to own any fun auto class 3 weapons I know a feller here in northern Indiana that has his class 3 and buys every full auto for strictly investment purposes.

I am just wonder what weapon and if its drum or belt fed.

Tail Feathers

Post by Tail Feathers »

More likely binary trigger or bumpfire added to the gun. The results were horrible, whatever he used.
Turkey fanatic :turkeywave:
HunterGKS
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by HunterGKS »

I heard this morning that he had 2 bump stocks. I guess this is a legal way around the fully auto laws.
George

YOU KNOW YOU HAVE TO KEEP YOUR BODY STILL. YOUR HEART JUST HASN'T CAUGHT ON.

.17 = NITRO OF THE RIMFIRE WORLD USAF 1969-1973

howl
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by howl »

The tools used don't matter much. Having guns would not have stopped it. Not having guns would not have prevented it. If guns were not available, other means would be used. A culture of hate born of a heterogeneous society incapable of understanding and compromise is the issue.

If guns are removed then you will see worse from evil amongst the people: https://www.theguardian.com/world/live/ ... is-vehicle

And the government: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=If9rf3u-yNQ

Both of the which is why we must fight for our rights again.
Hoobilly
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Hoobilly »

howl wrote: October 3rd, 2017, 5:25 pm The tools used don't matter much. Having guns would not have stopped it. Not having guns would not have prevented it. If guns were not available, other means would be used. A culture of hate born of a heterogeneous society incapable of understanding and compromise is the issue.

If guns are removed then you will see worse from evil amongst the people: https://www.theguardian.com/world/live/ ... is-vehicle

And the government: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=If9rf3u-yNQ

Both of the which is why we must fight for our rights again.
exactly

if the guns the problem.. why is Jared Loughner in prison? James Holmes, Adam Lanza & Nidel Hassan is prison??? if the guns did it, then why are them guys locked up?

you can't reason with idiots who have an agenda

sasquatch

Vegas shooter

Post by sasquatch »

We just need a justice system so strict and harsh that few would dare to ever push their luck!

Very few thieves in places where they chop your hand off! Js

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2Shooter
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by 2Shooter »

sasquatch wrote: October 3rd, 2017, 7:50 pm We just need a justice system so strict and harsh that few would dare to ever push their luck!

Very few thieves in places where they chop your hand off! Js

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yep, this is liberal society at it's best, and no one likes the results. You have to make punishment more harsh than the crime for crime to slow down!!!

Return to “Gobbler Talk”