New Toy

A general discussion area for turkey hunters.
timbrhuntr
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation
Posts: 1707
Joined: August 28th, 2011, 6:13 pm

Re: New Toy

Post by timbrhuntr » June 25th, 2018, 8:36 am

Kids got me an airsmart fryer for fathers day if you just wanna fire up a few fries the thing works great and no oil involved . I'm reading you can cook all kinds of stuff like turkey nuggets and chicken wings without the oil but have only tried it for fries and it worked great.

ICDEDTURKES wrote:
June 24th, 2018, 9:00 pm
I heard air fryer are awesome. Dang need new toy.
I'm starting to regret knowing anyone from Michigan as my buddy that I hunt on his farm had one and it worked so good I had to get one also !

timbrhuntr
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation
Posts: 1707
Joined: August 28th, 2011, 6:13 pm

Re: New Toy

Post by timbrhuntr » June 25th, 2018, 5:31 pm

:evil: just did some southern fried chicken onion rings and fries in the air fryer my advise don't get one right after getting the Blackstone!

User avatar
OLE RASPY
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation
Posts: 1931
Joined: July 8th, 2011, 9:06 pm
Location: KENTUCKY

Re: New Toy

Post by OLE RASPY » June 25th, 2018, 7:42 pm

Did chicken fajitas on blackstone tonight and cheese quesadillas. Took care of the grease problem by dropping a cotter pin in the hole. No grease on concrete porch tonight. Looks like blackstone would fix that issue as it’s the only issue I’ve encountered. It’s all good now.
F9D66776-EF5D-4F45-B01D-355EFD82A914.jpeg
516A20B5-F5B7-487D-A74C-C770DE4FA420.jpeg
TURKEYS
COYOTES
DEER
SQUIRRELS
(all in this order)

User avatar
ICDEDTURKES
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation
Posts: 6741
Joined: July 8th, 2011, 9:27 am

Re: New Toy

Post by ICDEDTURKES » June 25th, 2018, 9:50 pm

30 minute meal, ran to store, pork sirloin, carribean jerk marinade 5 minutes. 145 ish done Flop. Italian salad
11106.jpeg
Hooks Custom Calls Pro-Staff

User avatar
hoobilly
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation
Posts: 5170
Joined: August 15th, 2011, 9:15 pm
Location: Argos Indiana

Re: New Toy

Post by hoobilly » June 26th, 2018, 6:40 pm

ICDEDTURKES wrote:
June 25th, 2018, 9:50 pm
30 minute meal, ran to store, pork sirloin, carribean jerk marinade 5 minutes. 145 ish done Flop. Italian salad

11106.jpeg
I can see you doing a info commercial using the blackstone grills..

User avatar
ICDEDTURKES
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation
Posts: 6741
Joined: July 8th, 2011, 9:27 am

Re: New Toy

Post by ICDEDTURKES » June 26th, 2018, 7:06 pm

hoobilly wrote:
June 26th, 2018, 6:40 pm
ICDEDTURKES wrote:
June 25th, 2018, 9:50 pm
30 minute meal, ran to store, pork sirloin, carribean jerk marinade 5 minutes. 145 ish done Flop. Italian salad

11106.jpeg
I can see you doing a info commercial using the blackstone grills..
Lol u wanna see someone blow up a Blackstone check out Blackstone bites and more, Desiree Dukes post make mine look stupid.

My pizza oven came today. Can't wait for folks at campground seeing me whip out pizzas in 3 minutes
Hooks Custom Calls Pro-Staff

User avatar
hoobilly
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation
Posts: 5170
Joined: August 15th, 2011, 9:15 pm
Location: Argos Indiana

Re: New Toy

Post by hoobilly » June 26th, 2018, 7:27 pm

ICDEDTURKES wrote:
June 26th, 2018, 7:06 pm
hoobilly wrote:
June 26th, 2018, 6:40 pm
ICDEDTURKES wrote:
June 25th, 2018, 9:50 pm
30 minute meal, ran to store, pork sirloin, carribean jerk marinade 5 minutes. 145 ish done Flop. Italian salad

11106.jpeg
I can see you doing a info commercial using the blackstone grills..
Lol u wanna see someone blow up a Blackstone check out Blackstone bites and more, Desiree Dukes post make mine look stupid.

My pizza oven came today. Can't wait for folks at campground seeing me whip out pizzas in 3 minutes
:lol: Ill have to check that out.. my brotherinalw has a backyard stone oven he built. those are cool. cant wait to see how yours turns out

User avatar
ICDEDTURKES
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation
Posts: 6741
Joined: July 8th, 2011, 9:27 am

Re: New Toy

Post by ICDEDTURKES » June 26th, 2018, 7:42 pm

We have an amazing smoke shop in town, that has the best brats like 20 flavors. Saw they had Hawaiian, then bought pineapple peppers and onions and sauteed in Caribbean jerk. Essentially a kabob in a blob lol than a salad with blueberry and strawberry
11227.jpeg
Hooks Custom Calls Pro-Staff

User avatar
hoobilly
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation
Posts: 5170
Joined: August 15th, 2011, 9:15 pm
Location: Argos Indiana

Re: New Toy

Post by hoobilly » June 26th, 2018, 10:42 pm

ICDEDTURKES wrote:
June 26th, 2018, 7:42 pm
We have an amazing smoke shop in town, that has the best brats like 20 flavors. Saw they had Hawaiian, then bought pineapple peppers and onions and sauteed in Caribbean jerk. Essentially a kabob in a blob lol than a salad with blueberry and strawberry

11227.jpeg
But WAIT!
Theres more!!!!

:LMAO:

Terry3784
Posts: 1
Joined: June 27th, 2018, 2:40 am

Re: New Toy

Post by Terry3784 » June 27th, 2018, 2:42 am

Morning! I wish you a lot of inspiration and take care now! You should know about this topic to write the best publication. Be well!

User avatar
ICDEDTURKES
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation
Posts: 6741
Joined: July 8th, 2011, 9:27 am

Re: New Toy

Post by ICDEDTURKES » June 27th, 2018, 10:30 am

hoobilly wrote:
June 26th, 2018, 10:42 pm
ICDEDTURKES wrote:
June 26th, 2018, 7:42 pm
We have an amazing smoke shop in town, that has the best brats like 20 flavors. Saw they had Hawaiian, then bought pineapple peppers and onions and sauteed in Caribbean jerk. Essentially a kabob in a blob lol than a salad with blueberry and strawberry

11227.jpeg
But WAIT!
Theres more!!!!

:LMAO:
I'm running out ideas lol Putting the Blackstone oven together today
Hooks Custom Calls Pro-Staff

User avatar
OLE RASPY
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation
Posts: 1931
Joined: July 8th, 2011, 9:06 pm
Location: KENTUCKY

Re: New Toy

Post by OLE RASPY » June 28th, 2018, 7:02 pm

I’m cooking breakfast Saturday morning on it.
Bacon sausage eggs and hash browns. . Gravy and biscuits will be done on stove. 👍🏻
TURKEYS
COYOTES
DEER
SQUIRRELS
(all in this order)

User avatar
hoobilly
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation
Posts: 5170
Joined: August 15th, 2011, 9:15 pm
Location: Argos Indiana

Re: New Toy

Post by hoobilly » June 29th, 2018, 11:13 am

OLE RASPY wrote:
June 28th, 2018, 7:02 pm
I’m cooking breakfast Saturday morning on it.
Bacon sausage eggs and hash browns. . Gravy and biscuits will be done on stove. 👍🏻
We best get pictures..

User avatar
ICDEDTURKES
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation
Posts: 6741
Joined: July 8th, 2011, 9:27 am

Re: New Toy

Post by ICDEDTURKES » June 29th, 2018, 4:13 pm

hoobilly wrote:
June 29th, 2018, 11:13 am
OLE RASPY wrote:
June 28th, 2018, 7:02 pm
I’m cooking breakfast Saturday morning on it.
Bacon sausage eggs and hash browns. . Gravy and biscuits will be done on stove. 👍🏻
We best get pictures..
Yeah pics or never happened. I'm supposed to cook for 30 or so morning of the 4th we will see if it happens.

3 blackstones and the oven sure we can whip something up
Hooks Custom Calls Pro-Staff

User avatar
OLE RASPY
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation
Posts: 1931
Joined: July 8th, 2011, 9:06 pm
Location: KENTUCKY

Re: New Toy

Post by OLE RASPY » June 29th, 2018, 7:51 pm

Ohhhh yea there will be pics. 👍🏻
TURKEYS
COYOTES
DEER
SQUIRRELS
(all in this order)

User avatar
OLE RASPY
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation
Posts: 1931
Joined: July 8th, 2011, 9:06 pm
Location: KENTUCKY

Re: New Toy

Post by OLE RASPY » June 30th, 2018, 10:34 am

3F05C479-B41A-4717-8BDC-BB4785AE7E8A.jpeg
15B9F0B5-7D78-423A-BEDF-C086ED906E90.jpeg
965958C0-B85E-4376-8948-E3602BC48117.jpeg
Breakfast this morning on the blackstone.
Thanks a lot TOM for this addiction. Lol
TURKEYS
COYOTES
DEER
SQUIRRELS
(all in this order)

User avatar
ICDEDTURKES
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation
Posts: 6741
Joined: July 8th, 2011, 9:27 am

Re: New Toy

Post by ICDEDTURKES » June 30th, 2018, 11:51 am

OLE RASPY wrote:
June 30th, 2018, 10:34 am

Breakfast this morning on the blackstone.
Thanks a lot TOM for this addiction. Lol
Looks good I love them potato patties. Toast on bs is awesome too.

I've got multiple charcoal grills, 3 deep fryers, 2 kamados and cheap stick burner, I love cooking on bs so much I own 3 and pizza oven. Hardest part is dreaming up what to cook. I'll spend an hour in the store thinking of what to cook.

I may fire the oven up tonight, for the first time, hope everyone likes burnt pizza lol
Hooks Custom Calls Pro-Staff

User avatar
DBLGBL
Posts: 58
Joined: May 27th, 2017, 8:31 am
Location: Blacksburg VA

Re: New Toy

Post by DBLGBL » June 30th, 2018, 1:35 pm

Tom,

Waiting on pizza pic!

2gbl

User avatar
hoobilly
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation
Posts: 5170
Joined: August 15th, 2011, 9:15 pm
Location: Argos Indiana

Re: New Toy

Post by hoobilly » June 30th, 2018, 1:52 pm

ICDEDTURKES wrote:
June 30th, 2018, 11:51 am
OLE RASPY wrote:
June 30th, 2018, 10:34 am

Breakfast this morning on the blackstone.
Thanks a lot TOM for this addiction. Lol
Looks good I love them potato patties. Toast on bs is awesome too.

I've got multiple charcoal grills, 3 deep fryers, 2 kamados and cheap stick burner, I love cooking on bs so much I own 3 and pizza oven. Hardest part is dreaming up what to cook. I'll spend an hour in the store thinking of what to cook.

I may fire the oven up tonight, for the first time, hope everyone likes burnt pizza lol
I 2nd that breakfast looks good. looking forward to burnt pizza pictures :violent3:

User avatar
OLE RASPY
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation
Posts: 1931
Joined: July 8th, 2011, 9:06 pm
Location: KENTUCKY

Re: New Toy

Post by OLE RASPY » June 30th, 2018, 2:03 pm

I am waiting on pizza toooooooo
TURKEYS
COYOTES
DEER
SQUIRRELS
(all in this order)

User avatar
OLE RASPY
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation
Posts: 1931
Joined: July 8th, 2011, 9:06 pm
Location: KENTUCKY

Re: New Toy

Post by OLE RASPY » June 30th, 2018, 2:04 pm

Burnt pizza and beer. That’s gooooder
TURKEYS
COYOTES
DEER
SQUIRRELS
(all in this order)

User avatar
OLE RASPY
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation
Posts: 1931
Joined: July 8th, 2011, 9:06 pm
Location: KENTUCKY

Re: New Toy

Post by OLE RASPY » June 30th, 2018, 2:06 pm

Hey Tom. You gonna watch soccer while cookin pizza 🤔
TURKEYS
COYOTES
DEER
SQUIRRELS
(all in this order)

User avatar
ICDEDTURKES
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation
Posts: 6741
Joined: July 8th, 2011, 9:27 am

Re: New Toy

Post by ICDEDTURKES » June 30th, 2018, 2:40 pm

Lol meant to use first night, so I took a nap told sal to assemble. No dang thermometer, call bs tell um, they ship one. Just before throwing box out, low and behold thermometer wrapped in that packing foam.

It's 96 right now think I could lay one in there with no propane. It's coming. Debating a breakfast quiche or pizza for fourth
Hooks Custom Calls Pro-Staff

timbrhuntr
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation
Posts: 1707
Joined: August 28th, 2011, 6:13 pm

Re: New Toy

Post by timbrhuntr » June 30th, 2018, 3:14 pm

ok since nobody has brought this up i will. the blackstone instructions recommend that you season with flaxseed oil. well i was going to season with regular canola oil but the wife says hey i have flax seed oil in the pantry. so i season with it well its taken a couple weeks but the terrible tasting flaxseed has finally burnt off. first night i used it wife said these steaks are nice and moist and well seasoned but they taste terrible ! dont use that thing again just put them on charcoal . so my recommendation unless you like flaxseed oil dont use it to season the grill ! I was about to give a really bad review and piss tom off but it was just the oil lol

timbrhuntr
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation
Posts: 1707
Joined: August 28th, 2011, 6:13 pm

Re: New Toy

Post by timbrhuntr » June 30th, 2018, 3:18 pm

we have a bunch of new wineries where i live and 2 have put in outdoor wood fired pizza ovens. they cook your pizza in like 2 minutes man if your oven is half as good as them you will eat a lot of pizza !!

Post Reply

Return to “Gobbler Talk”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 21 guests