TSS Shooters .. Don't Ban Me!!

A general discussion area for turkey hunters.
soiltester
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

TSS Shooters .. Don't Ban Me!!

Post by soiltester »

This question has been killin' me for quite some time now and I gotta' ask it, but 1st let me tell you why!! :banghead:
I had a side shot at a tom a few years back, and I didn't get him to stick his head up and go out of his strut. I hit a tad bit low and was using the 12 -3 1/2" Hevi-13's, 5-6-7 1/2's.
my wife did a great job cooking both breasts up, but the 1 we had to toss, as it was so full of small shot and no way possible, that it could be dug out :shock:
I use all #5 shot now and seldom have one in the beast meat :thumbup:

How do you folks deal with the strays or shot that isn't in the "20" circle", as there has to be meat with shot in it ??? :o Just askin' :roll:
Last edited by soiltester on August 20th, 2017, 4:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ever wonder where the white goes when the snow melts??
drenalinld
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Re: TSS Shooters .. Don't Ban Me!!

Post by drenalinld »

They rarely stop in the breast.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
hookedspur
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by hookedspur »

Yep almost always pass through.
ICDEDTURKES
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by ICDEDTURKES »

Alot of the "7" are more like 9s and Lord only knows the density with heviscum . I rarely take a shot past 40 and rarely have a pellet with fed 7s.
swampchicken

Post by swampchicken »

Turkeys I have not had very many that had a stray stick in the breast. I shot one facing away from me and I might have hit a touch low and had some stick in the front part after it went through the body. I made sure I had good light while cutting the breast up into chunks.
redarrow
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by redarrow »

TSS don't stop for nuthin. Like CCR it keeps on Chooglin.
Put you plans in the nail scarred hands.
Hoobilly
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Hoobilly »

I have shot a lot of turkeys with the Hevi7 duck loads and don't think I have had a pellet stuck in the breast.
I know for sure that I have never had a TSS pellet in any of my meat.
Don't start none, won't be none!

https://foxtrotammo.com/
Hoobilly
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Hoobilly »

ICDEDTURKES wrote: August 20th, 2017, 4:16 pm Alot of the "7" are more like 9s and Lord only knows the density with heviscum . I rarely take a shot past 40 and rarely have a pellet with fed 7s.
Sally would really the person to speak about this. She actually kills turkeys.. :LMAO: :LMAO: :stir:

ICDEDTURKES
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by ICDEDTURKES »

hoobilly wrote: August 20th, 2017, 9:10 pm
ICDEDTURKES wrote: August 20th, 2017, 4:16 pm Alot of the "7" are more like 9s and Lord only knows the density with heviscum . I rarely take a shot past 40 and rarely have a pellet with fed 7s.
Sally would really the person to speak about this. She actually kills turkeys.. :LMAO: :LMAO: :stir:
And breasts and preps and cooks and serves.. Lol

One day with her and y'all's crap talking a giant may come back " you wouldn't like me when I'm angry"

#shesasgoodastheiris
#machine
Hoobilly
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Hoobilly »

ICDEDTURKES wrote: August 20th, 2017, 9:31 pm
And breasts and preps and cooks and serves.. Lol

One day with her and y'all's crap talking a giant may come back " you wouldn't like me when I'm angry"

#shesasgoodastheiris
#machine
#she'sakeeper
I hope you get on them thick and have to take a gun and kill at least one this coming spring.

soiltester
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by soiltester »

I appreciate the replies and helpful information & sorry for the interruption, so you my now go back to your regular scheduled postings on TSS :thumbup: :toothy7:
ever wonder where the white goes when the snow melts??
Spuriosity
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Spuriosity »

Odd man out here. I have shot nothing but TSS for close to 10 years now. I have killed a lot of turkeys with it, and a lot of them have 9s and 8.5s in the breast meat....but....I kill a lot of them with the open barrel of my over under (any and all inside of 40 yds). And by design, it spreads the shot around a good bit more than does the tight choke that I shoot at turkeys beyond 40 yds. I imagine that if I shot them all with the tight choke, very few would ever have shot hit the breast, but then, I might miss some of the closer ones, which I find untenable.

Soooo, I chew easy when I eat turkey sammiches. :toothy7:
ICDEDTURKES
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by ICDEDTURKES »

5874.jpeg
Attachments
5874.jpeg
Hoobilly
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Hoobilly »

ICDEDTURKES wrote: August 23rd, 2017, 9:06 am
5874.jpeg
:LMAO: :LMAO:

and your stuck at home with Fredericks

ncturkey

Post by ncturkey »

I shot a longbeard with Hevi 6's at a range longer than I will testify it was. It was misjudged I promise. But some of the shot hit the breast meat. He was in strut too. The shot still went almost through to breast. I had to dig them out. I have yet to shot the TSS stuff. But I bet it would shoot clear through a turkey breast easy at 40 yards. But I try my best to shot them at 40 yards if I can. I like to shot them a 10 yards so that is the main reason I am going to load me so TSS this year for my 20 gauge. So with the extra shot I will be good from close range to 40-50 yards no problem.
Mike
Reloader
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Reloader »

Some of the trailing 9s will stick in the meat, but most blow thru. If you want to be sure you have pass thrus on breast, I'd step up to 8s, but you will not have as forgiving of patterns as it tends to pattern a bit tighter percentage wise. You obviously will not have the high numbers on paper either, but that's a non issue as it doesn't take many hits with an 8 and they pattern acceptably to insane ranges.

Return to “Gobbler Talk”