Had My House Broken Into..

A general discussion area for turkey hunters.
Hognutz
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Had My House Broken Into..

Post by Hognutz »

Went to the family cabin in northeast Wi. on Sat. morning, expecting to stay untill next Sunday. Got a call on Monday morning from my mother-in-law saying that when she went inside to bring in our mail, there was glass all over the floor. She backed out and called 911. While we were gone, either Sat. or Sun. night some low life smashed the window out of one of the bathrooms and robbed us. We live in a rural area, right off of a main hwy. Our neighbors are not very close, and they are growing corn around us, so it blocks their view anyway. I was 4 hrs away with stuff to pack and a boat to load. I called the sheriff's department, and was told that it looked like kids that did it. All they took was a couple of change jars (Probably $150 or so) and about $120 in bills that we had set aside for the Visa bill. They went through every drawer in the house. Did not ransack it. They pushed all the drawers back in. No finger prints. They were wearing gloves. So I need a new window. They also tried prying a service door into the garage, but that did not work, so that is bunged up, as well. $1000 worth of damage and they stole about $300. Makes you want to cry. It is a violation of the worst degree. Needless to say, I would like to catch these thievin' little buggers and teach them a thing or two about messin' with me and my stuff. The guns, except for a few old ones, are locked up. My Harley and the wife's new Acadia were not touched.They even left two knives that were in one of the change jars. I guess they just needed some quick cash. So now we are home after two days of a ten day vacation. It could have been way worse, so in that respect, I guess I was lucky...Mike :twisted:
May I assume you're not here to inquire about the alcohol or the tobacco?
I am the man from Nantucket.
“Leave the gun, take the cannoli” -Clemensa
When attacked by a group of clowns...Go for the Juggler!!
guesswho
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Re: Had My House Broken Into..

Post by guesswho »

That sux!!!!

I'm a pretty easy going fellow, but a thief brings out the worst in me.
Double Naught Spy!
RCD's Owner----------------Badonka Deke Prostaff
MoHo's Prostaff-------------Lighter Than HTL Shooter
The Storm Whistle Prostaff
Official Member Of The Unofficial Firedup Turkey Calls Prostaff
Hognutz
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Hognutz »

I hate a thief, myself. If they needed the money that bad, and came and asked me for it, I Probably would have gave it to them. So now there is $1500 damage to the house. They stole about $300. I have a $250 deductible, and they only cover $200 in cash losses. So at the bare minimum, It is going to cost me $350, and a vacation. Thievin' little bastards..Mike
May I assume you're not here to inquire about the alcohol or the tobacco?
I am the man from Nantucket.
“Leave the gun, take the cannoli” -Clemensa
When attacked by a group of clowns...Go for the Juggler!!
Turkey Talker
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Turkey Talker »

someone that knew you did it. i can promise you that.
GN1

Post by GN1 »

I hate low life thieves :evil: Sorry to hear it Mike.

Return to “Gobbler Talk”