New issue of Turkey & Turkey Hunting

A general discussion area for turkey hunters.
Jim Spencer

New issue of Turkey & Turkey Hunting

Post by Jim Spencer »

I just got a note from Gordy Krahn at K-P Publications that the second 2017 issue of T&TH is out now. Should be on the newsstands very shortly. They're calling this one the Spring issue, which I guess made the last one the Winter issue.

Gordy also told me the powers that be have committed to four issues of T&TH next year, starting in February. He said he hoped it gets traction so they'll keep publishing. I told him it would be smart to offer subscriptions rather than rely solely on newsstand sales. Maybe if a few other folks chimed in on that notion, they'd do it. Hint hint.
Spurtaker

Re: New issue of Turkey & Turkey Hunting

Post by Spurtaker »

Yea I called the company up last month and asked about it. The edition I got a couple weeks ago had the month of April on it and it said Spring. I guess I missed the first one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Spurhunter

Post by Spurhunter »

Jim,

Thanks for the heads up. I have already read the "winter 2017" publication twice now. I will be on the look out for the spring version. I would love for them to start the magazine again, I was a long time subscriber, I would do the three year deal all of the time.

Do I contact them directly to campaign?

Thanks again and I really enjoy your stories, they are/were the first I read when the new magazine arrived.
Harrington's Hunting & Outdoor Products LLC

Preserving Hunting Memories for a Lifetime

View my products at:
http://www.Etsy.com - HarringtonOutdoor's

http://www.Ebay.com - Gobblergetter

NWTF Member
NRA Member
RaspyD

Post by RaspyD »

Jim, I just "borrowed" a copy of your book "Bad Birds" from a good friend. I look forward to reading it over the weekend.
Jim Spencer

Post by Jim Spencer »

RaspyD wrote:Jim, I just "borrowed" a copy of your book "Bad Birds" from a good friend. I look forward to reading it over the weekend.
Thanks, RaspyD, hope you enjoy it. But for a writer who's trying to sell his books, the word "borrowed" is like fingernails on a chalkboard.
Jim Spencer

Post by Jim Spencer »

Spurhunter (and anyone else wanting the info) pm me and I'll give you Gordy Krahn's email address. I just tried to go online to the parent company (F+W Publications) and the old Turkey & Turkey Hunting website both, and couldn't figure out a way to leave a comment on either one.

If enough folks inquire, though, Gordy will get word up the chain of command. He wants to see it back full-time, too.
PALongspur

Post by PALongspur »

Jim,

This issue that featured the article on Blinky was the first one of the season, correct??
paboxcall

Post by paboxcall »

That would be sweet, I was on the 3-year renewal train for a lot of years before T&TH was cancelled. Count me in.
"Sit down wrong, and you're beat." Jim Spencer

Don't go this year where youtubers went last year.
ncturkey

Post by ncturkey »

Where can you buy the latest copies of Turkey and turkey hunting.
Mike
Jim Spencer

Post by Jim Spencer »

PALongspur wrote:Jim,

This issue that featured the article on Blinky was the first one of the season, correct??
Right. The Spring issue features a BB called The Lineman, a bird my wife hunted for about a week last year. I heard him gobble this morning, btw. Hope he's still there come April 10.

We're off for Mississippi Saturday morning. And so it begins...
Jim Spencer

Post by Jim Spencer »

ncturkey wrote:Where can you buy the latest copies of Turkey and turkey hunting.
Mike, seems like most Walmart stores carry them. Also Barnes & Noble and stores like that usually have 'em. Our local grocery store has 'em too. Maybe yours does too.

Return to “Gobbler Talk”