Nashville Turkey Show

A general discussion area for turkey hunters.
Shooter
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Nashville Turkey Show

Post by Shooter »

So, who's all going?
I reckon a group of us are gonna hook up and have dinner Friday eve.
Gophert knows a place called Cock of the walk.
Supposed to be the best catfish house this side of the MS.
Trying to get an idea of how many to make reservations for.
I'll be there Friday and Saturday. Probably hanging around the Gooserbat and Nomad booths.

Anyways, hope to see you there.
Last edited by Shooter on February 11th, 2017, 9:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
HunterGKS
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Re: Nashville Turkey Show

Post by HunterGKS »

Try the deep fried pickles at Cock of the Walk.
George

YOU KNOW YOU HAVE TO KEEP YOUR BODY STILL. YOUR HEART JUST HASN'T CAUGHT ON.

.17 = NITRO OF THE RIMFIRE WORLD USAF 1969-1973

fountain

Post by fountain »

I'll be up there...and I can't wait!
Gooserbat

Post by Gooserbat »

Me and my crew will tag along. Be three of us
Momma did you hear that gooserbat?
hookspur

Post by hookspur »

I'll be there, but won't come rolling in until Saturday morning. Be sure to stop by booth number 923 and talk to Tom Pero. He just wrote a 2-part book called, "Turkey Men" that profiles 12 people who have completed a US Slam. Dave Owens (Cove on here) and I will be in the second volume, and it's also supposed to come with an audio cd of Dave and I talking turkey and demonstrating calls.
Last edited by hookspur on February 12th, 2017, 5:26 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Gobbler
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Gobbler »

:cheers: I'll be there.
GOLD HUNTER
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by GOLD HUNTER »

ALL WAYS A GREAT TIME WITH GOOD FRINDS !!!
:thumbup:
LET'S GO TROUT FISHING
HartClemson99

Nashville Turkey Show

Post by HartClemson99 »

See y'all in Nashville!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Gobbler
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Gobbler »

I'm bringing a TK2000 ML and a 1187 bottomland green with me if anyone wants to acquire...
Earl

Post by Earl »

Will skip the dinner as wife has made other plans.. but looking forward to seeing you guys in Nashville.
hookedspur
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by hookedspur »

Someday I hope to make the trip ,the last time I went was the last year it was in Colombus Ohio.
A good friend of mine is going to make the trip on Friday eve I think ,maybe next year ,we can
make it down.
vaturkey
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by vaturkey »

I will be at show ! Looking forward to seeing everyone ! Safe travels to all !
Last edited by vaturkey on February 14th, 2017, 9:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
allaboutshooting

Post by allaboutshooting »

hookedspur wrote:Someday I hope to make the trip ,the last time I went was the last year it was in Colombus Ohio.
A good friend of mine is going to make the trip on Friday eve I think ,maybe next year ,we can
make it down.
I sure remember the one in Columbus. It was in 2004. That was when there was a sniper terrorizing everyone and the Interstate going in was almost empty. The Convention was pretty slow, compared to others as well, Many folks were afraid, rightly so, get out on the highway.

We had a booth there and were able to spend a good bit of time with folks and that was great. We spent most of our time answering questions about 20 gauge shotguns. There were few good 20 gauge chokes back then, and that inspired us to help develop one. That's the real origin of the 20 gauge Swarm turkey choke.

Thanks,
Clark
"If he's out of range, it just means he has another day and so do you."
Jim Spencer

Post by Jim Spencer »

Jill and I will be there all day Friday and maybe a little while Saturday morning. Mostly around Tom Kelly's booth, but I'll walk the entire floor two or three times. I always do.
OLE RASPY
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by OLE RASPY »

As of now me and my wife will be there Saturday to walk around a little while and might just might spend some money. :? :D
TURKEYS
COYOTES
DEER
SQUIRRELS
(all in this order)
Spurhunter

Post by Spurhunter »

allaboutshooting wrote:
hookedspur wrote:Someday I hope to make the trip ,the last time I went was the last year it was in Colombus Ohio.
make it down.
I sure remember the one in Columbus. It was in 2004. That was when there was a sniper terrorizing everyone and the Interstate going in was almost empty. The Convention was pretty slow, compared to others as well, Many folks were afraid, rightly so, get out on the highway.
My hunting friends and I made the trip down from Michigan that same year to Columbus, we kept our eyes peeled for the sniper. We had a great time at the event. Hope to make it down next year.
Harrington's Hunting & Outdoor Products LLC

Preserving Hunting Memories for a Lifetime

View my products at:
http://www.Etsy.com - HarringtonOutdoor's

http://www.Ebay.com - Gobblergetter

NWTF Member
NRA Member
hootn

Post by hootn »

When I walked in the doors this morning around 1000 the first person I see is Doug, gee nightmare. Didn't need to see that that early.....

Scott
OLE RASPY
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by OLE RASPY »

hootn wrote:When I walked in the doors this morning around 1000 the first person I see is Doug, gee nightmare. Didn't need to see that that early.....

Scott
:lol:
TURKEYS
COYOTES
DEER
SQUIRRELS
(all in this order)
OLE RASPY
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by OLE RASPY »

Just got home from it today. Me and the wife had a good time walking around and lookin at all the stuff. I met gooser bat (Sam) and bought 3 diaphragms off him. That was all I bought :lol: my wife bought a shirt (lipstick and lead) and some chicken enchilada packet from one them cookin booths. Also met shooter(Tommy), vaturkey(Ricky), gobbler(Doug) jblackburn and Karl Lausman (Lausman game calls. All good people. Had a great time. First time going and it was worth it.
TURKEYS
COYOTES
DEER
SQUIRRELS
(all in this order)
OLE RASPY
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by OLE RASPY »

Oh yea I forgot to add the details. Lol.
Talked to Sam for 10 15 minutes and he played some mouth calls for me which sounded good. He handed me a pot call which sounded great. It was glass. I know the calls are there to play but I just don't go up to a booth and start playing them lol. But he didn't care. Actually it was the only call booth I stopped at. Anyway he's a nice guy.
I also got to play Doug's favorite pot call made by Karl. Doug wasn't present ;) so Ricky told me to try it out. Great sounding call. Name of it may be to obscene to post. :lol:
Ole Ricky pulled out a mouth call (tom teaser) and showed me his talent on it. I'm pretty sure I heard a gobble in the background :struttin:
He also told me to go by tom teaser booth and pick one up and I be dang if I got side tracked and forgot all bout it. I will be gettin one though. There was probably others on here there today but I didn't recognize anybody else wished I could've though.
It was good talking to all y'all today. :thumbup:
TURKEYS
COYOTES
DEER
SQUIRRELS
(all in this order)
Shooter
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Shooter »

Welp, just got home and went straight to bed! :lol: Wore slap out.
Had a great time meeting all the new folks and all the old ones. Hung out with Sam "Gooserbat" and his crew most of the time.
Bunch of great guy's!!! Jim Spencer came by and sat with me for quite awhile just talkin Turkey! Had tons of new folks come by to visit.
Met Ole Raspy, Earl, SKFooter, TJ Fountain and his wife, Hart with Nomad, Preston Pittman walked by and called me an ole Outlaw.
N2Deer came by and chatted awhile, along with TN Beardbuster, and Reflexl. A whole bunch of others came by, too many to list.
Hung out with the regular crew of Vaturkey, Gobbler, Scott and others. Went by the Hook's booth and jabbered with Tom "Icdedturks".
He is Hilarious!! Stopped and chatted with Hart, but they were busy, busy, so didn't get to talk long. He gave one of their Nomad shirts to try. Got my regular yearly supply of Winchester T shirts. Dang, they went up from $5 to $7. Josh "Oneshot" came by with his Lovely wife and daughter and took the rest of my shot just as I was leaving.
Friday Nite, met with 23 of Gobbler Nation crew for dinner at The Cock of the Walk restaurant.
Gobbler, his wife, Vaturkey, Scott, Aristico, Gophert, Pullit, Donnie Peterson, and a bunch of others.
It was a Great time to say the least. Wish it could have lasted longer. I lost my voice from trying to talk so loud. It was pretty dang noisy there. Had several phone calls while I was there, but couldn't hear them! :lol:
Probably gonna take a few days to re coop. :mrgreen:
fountain

Post by fountain »

Raspy, I played that same potime of Doug's. Ricky may not even give it to him..he seemed to like it pretty well. I saw why and I will have my own soon. Maybe Doug can give a gobbler what he wants with that call..
OLE RASPY
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by OLE RASPY »

fountain wrote:Raspy, I played that same potime of Doug's. Ricky may not even give it to him..he seemed to like it pretty well. I saw why and I will have my own soon. Maybe Doug can give a gobbler what he wants with that call..
Oh yea I'm sure a gob will fall to this call shortly.
TURKEYS
COYOTES
DEER
SQUIRRELS
(all in this order)
KYFrid

Post by KYFrid »

Got back to Lexington around 3 today. Man yesterday was a mad house. I'd love to get to meet some of you guys next year. I'll look for the banner. [emoji12]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
pullit
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by pullit »

It was a great time and I enjoyed meeting and seeing ever one on Friday and the food was not bad either.....
I may not be smart but I can lift heavy objects

I have no need for a 30-06, I have a shotgun

Return to “Gobbler Talk”