LOUDEST Locator Caller!!!

A general discussion area for turkey hunters.
quavers16

LOUDEST Locator Caller!!!

Post by quavers16 »

OK members--after getting some great replys to recent post , I thought I would post about what I know to be one of the loudest locator callers that a turkey hunter can bring out into the woods!! It might stack up to --Howl's locator callers which he will keep a lifelong secret about.
I had to find something that would work where I do alot of my Spring turkey hunting---Stewart State Forest in NY. The turkeys there will not gobble to many locators there---not with Stewart International Airport right there! Those huge military cargo planes will make you deaf as they fly overhead. At to that the state police pistol range and the constant shooting----the toms will not shock gobble at all.
So- my secret locator will not be found in any Spring cat for turkey hunting. It is well known to hardcore hikers like me. It is -- THE STORM--The Worlds Loudest Whistle!!! Secret revealed. Hit the hiking section at a Gander Mt and you should find it. If THE STORM works where I hunt- it will work anywhere. Give it a short burst even outside or your eardrums won't thank you for it! Gobblers WILL shock gobble to it!
devastator
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Re: LOUDEST Locator Caller!!!

Post by devastator »

:roll: :roll: :scratch:
quavers16

Post by quavers16 »

I am looking forward to the Spring turkey hunting cats and see what--Hooks Calls has in there for locator calls.
vaturkey
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by vaturkey »

:LMAO:
Grumpy
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Grumpy »

Man glad to know that, I always carry a real loud rape whistle and never had a chance to use it......... :LMAO:
I was not his father but he was my son,,MAK IV, 10-15-1993 - 4-22-2007
"Rest in Peace my Little Buddy"
devastator
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by devastator »

quavers16 wrote:I am looking forward to the Spring turkey hunting cats and see what--Hooks Calls has in there for locator calls.
Well your not going to see any of Hook's call's in your catalogs,or maybe you will, learn how to use a,Harrison hooter,A harrison crow call,or" how to cutt" real hard with a custom made mouth call that Scott stretched me,or cutt with a box call that will kick ass.AS for a WHISTLE,i bought one of the silent MAD deals and threw it in the ditch.
quavers16

Post by quavers16 »

Oh - I can cut with the best of them on a box. I have 2 --SCOTT'S CUTTERS made by Jack Scott--case closed.
devastator
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by devastator »

:bootyshake:
quavers16 wrote:Oh - I can cut with the best of them on a box. I have 2 --SCOTT'S CUTTERS made by Jack Scott--case closed.
I guess i will go buy a whistle then :salute: :bootyshake:
quavers16

Post by quavers16 »

You probably should.
Tail Feathers

Post by Tail Feathers »

If he doesn't gobble on his own, he may not be hot enough to work successfully anyway. I use an owl call sometimes, but with so many crows around here that call just won't get anything to gobble.
If you have to use a rape whistle or canned air horn to yank a gobble out of one, he probably ain't full enough of piss and vinegar to come running to any hen calling.
I rarely use locator calls, but maybe I just hunt a good turkey area.
Turkey fanatic :turkeywave:
devastator
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by devastator »

quavers16 wrote:You probably should.
THAT'S not going to happen :wave: !!

Return to “Gobbler Talk”