Welp, this is now my ONLY turkey hunting site, LOL

A general discussion area for turkey hunters.
gobblegobblegobble

Post by gobblegobblegobble »

I kept one foot on the dock and one on the boat for a long time, respecting the rules of both boards... but apparently defending keeping TSS legal (someone said it should be outlawed) on the "other site" is enough to get you banned! Man, they even delete your old posts, your username, everything! Harsh!

Oh well... :walk:
VALongbeard

Re: Welp, this is now my ONLY turkey hunting site, LOL

Post by VALongbeard »

The moderators over there are so anti-TSS it is ridiculous. They say liability, radioactive, etc...... which is all BS. They would rather tote a 12 lb. 10 gauge and shoot 2.5 to 3 ozs of lead than open their eyes and see what a benefit TSS can be to the sport of turkey hunting. Using a 28 gauge, 410 bore, who would have ever thought that 15 years ago. The 20 gauge is the new 12 gauge. I don't know about anyone else, but I would much rather carry a light gun that recoils less and still get the job done, and further than a 12 with lead ever thought about doing. To each their own, but those guys over on the other board have a lot of growing up to do.
gobblegobblegobble

My hope is that states will begin to make TSS illegal from some of the things I have read. Doesn't sound like its good for the sport of turkey hunting. Heard allot of the same claims about Nitro when it first became popular. Saw 70,80,90 patterns in hunting stores. Where this is all headed ..rifles will be legal before you know it.

If folks are thinking what is going on in the sport of turkey hunting now is not going to effect turkey hunting in the years to come they would be mistaken.
My response (I didn't call him stupid, asinine, etc... just that what he said was.):
This is one of the most asinine, stupid things I've ever read on this site.

I shoot TSS because I like to have dense patterns with dozens of CNS hits out to 40 yards. Not 5 or so pellets in the CNS. I want to know for SURE that when I pull the trigger, unless I cleanly miss, that bird is going DOWN. And with the tight pattern, I'm less likely to hit the body with a stray pellet if I DO miss, rather than possibly have a wounded bird with a #4 lead pellet penetrate to the guts to die later, unrecovered.

"Sorry, but you have too good of a pattern for your shotgun. We should ban it." Dumb.

Maybe they should ban LongBeards too, because they shoot a similar pattern out of a 3.5" 12 gauge compared to a 20 gauge with a well-patterened TSS load? Too good. We should ban accurate deer rifles, too.
Gobbler
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Gobbler »

hawglips
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by hawglips »

trap4fur

Post by trap4fur »

Yes sir all I said is they woukd banned me if I said I want to shoot them with tss at 50 yards and gone everything delegated not even a warning but its good because this one is full of normal guys like me if its legal its good don't fight amongst ourselves they should no better.there like the stuck up fly fishermen and im the guy floating worms and outfish them every time with there orvis stuff I love it haha
gobblegobblegobble

It just really irritates me when people become proponents of banning anything and everything just because it's not something they'd like to do.

That's what got us to where we are today in this country.

I'm in PA, and we have so-called hunters actively lobbying the legislature to keep the ban on Sunday hunting. Nevermind that if they don't want to hunt on Sundays, they don't have to. But, they don't want to hunt on Sundays, so no one should be allowed to. Really grinds my gears. With "friends" like that, who needs anti-hunters?
HunterGKS
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by HunterGKS »

Some of the guys on the site that will not be named remind me a lot of lieberal, progressive, democrats. If you don't kow-tow to them & their way of doing things or if you express an opinion that doesn't agree with theirs, you are wrong & must be dealt with in the most severe manner.

If you check, some of them suffer from headinrectumitis which is why they have such a sh*tty outlook on anything they don't have the mental ability to understand.
George

YOU KNOW YOU HAVE TO KEEP YOUR BODY STILL. YOUR HEART JUST HASN'T CAUGHT ON.

.17 = NITRO OF THE RIMFIRE WORLD USAF 1969-1973

gobblegobblegobble

Yep, I noticed one in particular likes to Stomp on anyone who's not like him.
davisd9
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by davisd9 »

Something seems fishy about this thread.

Sent from the Strut Zone
Gobbler
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Gobbler »

Well don't lose any sleep over it. They are number one BABY. With thousands of loving members.
I try but can't get back on. Something to do with making fun of Jake Reapers that kill Gobbling hens. :mrgreen:

At Gobblernation we go by this seldom used concept called Freedom of Speech. :thumbup:
gobblegobblegobble

davisd9 wrote:Something seems fishy about this thread.

Sent from the Strut Zone
How so? PM me if you'd like to discuss.
WV Ridge Reaper
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by WV Ridge Reaper »

I just wanna know who the number one seller of the 9s are cause the fuzz is coming to get you boy!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The man who passes the sentence should swing the sword
gobblegobblegobble

WV Ridge Reaper wrote:I just wanna know who the number one seller of the 9s are cause the fuzz is coming to get you boy!!!

In that (now nuked) thread, it was said by the site owner himself that said person was actively promoting 60, 70, even 100 yard shots! :LMAO:
toasty

Post by toasty »

I got booted again from there about 2 months ago and I had not posted anything there for 3 months. I was told that anyone that had ever posted a thread with TSS for sale was banned and deleted. I had never been banned from an online forum and now I have been banned twice from OG. :lol: We are pretty lucky we have such a good forum here, lets hope it stays that way.
gobblegobblegobble

toasty wrote:I got booted again from there about 2 months ago and I had not posted anything there for 3 months. I was told that anyone that had ever posted a thread with TSS for sale was banned and deleted. I had never been banned from an online forum and now I have been banned twice from OG. :lol: We are pretty lucky we have such a good forum here, lets hope it stays that way.
I'd really like to know the difference between those using TSS and those using Win LBs, except it's usually from a bigger gun. And the LBs can stay together longer in a pattern while their penetration potential falls off greatly...
Turkinator
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Turkinator »

gobblegobblegobble wrote:
WV Ridge Reaper wrote:I just wanna know who the number one seller of the 9s are cause the fuzz is coming to get you boy!!!

In that (now nuked) thread, it was said by the site owner himself that said person was actively promoting 60, 70, even 100 yard shots! :LMAO:
I read that silly statement too ,what a boob!
Jamey

Post by Jamey »

gobblegobblegobble wrote:
toasty wrote:I got booted again from there about 2 months ago and I had not posted anything there for 3 months. I was told that anyone that had ever posted a thread with TSS for sale was banned and deleted. I had never been banned from an online forum and now I have been banned twice from OG. :lol: We are pretty lucky we have such a good forum here, lets hope it stays that way.
I'd really like to know the difference between those using TSS and those using Win LBs, except it's usually from a bigger gun. And the LBs can stay together longer in a pattern while their penetration potential falls off greatly...

And while we (TSS shooters) don't promote shots longer than the distance your gun patterns well, (pattening seems to be a unique activity mostly overlooked by the average turkey "hunter") Longbeard, Hevi, Federal all make claims in their sales promos for extremely long shots. Wonder if OG bans anyone who mentions those ammo types? Idiots.
Johndoe
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Johndoe »

Well. When you are a weasel, the crap you think up, you think enough about it you actually believe it. But also when you are called on it you crawfish as fast as you can.

There are no numbers on any of my clocks below 8. Then all of a sudden, 2 days before turkey season they appear. Then right after the season they disappear.
What's up with that
devastator
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by devastator »

I got banned on HuntingPA for sticking up for a guy that was over absolutley nothing,They can kiss my ***!!!HOPE THE MODERATOR FROM HUNTINGPA CAN SEE THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11
vaturkey
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by vaturkey »

Don't know if I'm the # 1 seller but I've sold over 800 lbs & still counting ! :thumbup:
WV Ridge Reaper
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by WV Ridge Reaper »

All you sell is 8's tho brah!!

While we are on the subject of this tss stuff.Ive been out of state hunting with a group of 7.

During this trip I called a bird to the gun and the guy I called for was not comfortable with making a 60 yard on the dot shot with his 12 gauge using the Winchester supremes.

I said dead bird with mine he picked it up and and shot the bird..turkey hit the ground and he looked at me and said...that's a 20 ga ?...I said yeah,he said dam that's a shooting Sob

I hunt turkeys to kill them not pet em...1-60 yards I feel the enjoyment and thrill every time I pull the trigger

Just like the whole fan or reaping thing..if that's how you wanna hunt have at er cause I'll do it right with ya.IMO it takes just as much skill to stock a bird as it does to sit and call one...I like to refer to this type of hunting as the "Mohican sneak and peak"

At the end of the day either one don't post your feelings online if you don't want them hurt or don't worry about other people and just do you

Last edited by WV Ridge Reaper on May 19th, 2016, 9:27 pm, edited 2 times in total.
The man who passes the sentence should swing the sword
Stinky J Picklestein
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Stinky J Picklestein »

vaturkey
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by vaturkey »

WV Ridge Reaper wrote:All you sell is 8's tho brah!!

While we are on the subject of this tss stuff.Ive been out of state hunting with a group of 7.

During this trip I called a bird to the gun and the guy I called for was not comfortable with making a 60 yard on the dot shot with his 12 gauge using the Winchester supremes.

I said dead bird with mine he picked it up and and shot the bird..turkey hit the ground and he looked at me and said...that's a 20 ga ?...I said yeah,he said dam that's a shooting Sob

I hunt turkeys to kill them not pet em...1-60 yards I feel the enjoyment and thrill every time I pull the trigger

Just like the whole fan or reaping thing..if that's how you wanna hunt have at er cause I'll do it right with ya.IMO it takes just as much skill to stock a bird as it does to sit and call one...I like to refer to this type of hunting as the "Mohican sneak and peak"

At the end of the day either one don't post your feelings online if you don't want them hurt or don't worry about other people and just do you

Almost all 9's Bro ! :thumbup:

Spuriosity
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Spuriosity »

I love this thread.

Return to “Gobbler Talk”