Scouting turkeys for CA opener

A general discussion area for turkey hunters.
TRKYHTR

Scouting turkeys for CA opener

Post by TRKYHTR »

Went to scout a few turkeys for the upcoming turkey season. There were alot of strutters, hens and even a longbeard hen. Listen for the gobbler yelps and many flydown cackles.

TRKYHTR

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NO3YU7nSIJY
Eph 2:8-9
timbrhuntr
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Re: Scouting turkeys for CA opener

Post by timbrhuntr »

Cool video as always. I tried to copy you and went out and sat on sunday morning. I didn't here any gobbles and the birds all fly down in the woods so no flydown pics. I did get some good video of them when they came out into the fields though. Also was that you on your trumpet at the start and do you think you could hit them in the head with a pellet gun from there. :D
TRKYHTR

Post by TRKYHTR »

timbrhuntr wrote:Cool video as always. I tried to copy you and went out and sat on sunday morning. I didn't here any gobbles and the birds all fly down in the woods so no flydown pics. I did get some good video of them when they came out into the fields though. Also was that you on your trumpet at the start and do you think you could hit them in the head with a pellet gun from there. :D
Nope I didn't do any calling. No I couldn't have hit them with my benelli 3 1/2" Nitros from where I was.

TRKYHTR
hootn

Post by hootn »

hey joe something real quick, I HATE YOU........
you got a turkey problem, :shock:

scott
timbrhuntr
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by timbrhuntr »

TRKYHTR wrote:
timbrhuntr wrote:Cool video as always. I tried to copy you and went out and sat on sunday morning. I didn't here any gobbles and the birds all fly down in the woods so no flydown pics. I did get some good video of them when they came out into the fields though. Also was that you on your trumpet at the start and do you think you could hit them in the head with a pellet gun from there. :D
Nope I didn't do any calling. No I couldn't have hit them with my benelli 3 1/2" Nitros from where I was.

TRKYHTR
I was just pulling your leg about the pellet gun after the post on using them, but I thought for sure that you were trying out a trumpet call or something at the beginning.
TRKYHTR

Post by TRKYHTR »

timbrhuntr wrote:
TRKYHTR wrote:

TRKYHTR
I was just pulling your leg about the pellet gun after the post on using them, but I thought for sure that you were trying out a trumpet call or something at the beginning.
Nope those were real live gobbler yelps.

TRKYHTR
Gobbler
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Gobbler »

Hopefully by tomorrow you'll be styling in a new Gobbler lounger while scouting.

WARNING!!
Gobbler Loungers can cause drowsiness, sudden sleep attacks , and /or the urge to set up next to a cooler full of beer and a flat screen TV. :D
GobbleNut

Post by GobbleNut »

Good stuff as always, Joe! Thanks for posting that up.
Jim
Stinky J Picklestein
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Stinky J Picklestein »

Good Gawd!!! That place was just raining birds! Crazy! :toothy7: :toothy7: :toothy7:

Return to “Gobbler Talk”