How many hot pepper fans are on here?

A general discussion area for turkey hunters.
RapscallionVermilion

Re: How many hot pepper fans are on here?

Post by RapscallionVermilion »

Following this thread with great interest. I love hot peppers, but I'm not in the same league. This is one area where age certainly doesn't help. The fire on the back end is ever disproportionate to the fire on the front. Habaneros and jalapenos are about my limit. My son, on the other hand, craves real heat and thinks what I like is pretty wimpy. I'm curious if you guys have any over-the-counter favorites. It's not super hot, but I got ahold of some Tabasco Family Reserve and for flavor it blows away to stuff sold in the stores. We also really like the Golden Toad hot sauces we've tried.
slickyboyboo
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by slickyboyboo »

Shooter wrote:Barry, I was just notified by the Boss. She told me to tell you to bring a few of those seeds when you come. I guess she wants to try some of those bad boys!!! :banghead:
Will do, I've got plenty of seeds. I'll mail you some so you can start them early. They are slow growers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Raising my carbon footprint, one bag of charcoal at a time!
Spuriosity
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Spuriosity »

RapscallionVermilion wrote:Following this thread with great interest. I love hot peppers, but I'm not in the same league. This is one area where age certainly doesn't help. The fire on the back end is ever disproportionate to the fire on the front. Habaneros and jalapenos are about my limit. My son, on the other hand, craves real heat and thinks what I like is pretty wimpy. I'm curious if you guys have any over-the-counter favorites. It's not super hot, but I got ahold of some Tabasco Family Reserve and for flavor it blows away to stuff sold in the stores. We also really like the Golden Toad hot sauces we've tried.
With regards to OTC sauces, I am partial to Scorned Woman, particularly on pizza. It has plenty of heat but is not debilitating. It also has a wonderful flavor enhanced with lemon juice and lots of black pepper. Never cared for any Tabasco products, but have never tried the Family Reserve.
killerstump
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by killerstump »

Not a fan of Tabasco or Louisiana hot sauce. That Frank's or Texas Pete is bout all see round besides other I named.

timbrhuntr
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by timbrhuntr »

This thread got me to try it again, being in Canada its sometimes hard to get any hot stuff but I found a web site and ordered the 10 hottest pepper seeds I could get and surprise they didn't say they don't ship to Canada so its on for next year baby !! Until the usual email comes later saying they don't ship to Canada ! :roll:
KPcalls

Post by KPcalls »

I bet ole grumpy has done ate a few of these..... :lol:

http://www.amazon.com/Seeds-Things-Pete ... B003TC7BMQ
Shooter
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Shooter »

OMG!!!! I wouldn't eat one of those even if it tasted like chocolate! :lol:
Turkinator
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Turkinator »

RapscallionVermilion wrote:Following this thread with great interest. I love hot peppers, but I'm not in the same league. This is one area where age certainly doesn't help. The fire on the back end is ever disproportionate to the fire on the front. Habaneros and jalapenos are about my limit. My son, on the other hand, craves real heat and thinks what I like is pretty wimpy. I'm curious if you guys have any over-the-counter favorites. It's not super hot, but I got ahold of some Tabasco Family Reserve and for flavor it blows away to stuff sold in the stores. We also really like the Golden Toad hot sauces we've tried.
endophin rush has a real good taste for the first 5 seconds. sirriacha goes on everything. where do you get the tabasco family reserve?
RapscallionVermilion

Post by RapscallionVermilion »

Turkinator wrote:
endophin rush has a real good taste for the first 5 seconds. sirriacha goes on everything. where do you get the tabasco family reserve?
I get a couple of bottles at a time straight from the Tabasco store.

http://countrystore.tabasco.com/TABASCO ... nfo/03465/
killerstump
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by killerstump »

Best I can do boys

timbrhuntr
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by timbrhuntr »

Wooooo Hoooo ! Just got my package of the 10 hottest pepper seeds in the world. Man I can't wait to start growing some !! Grow op !!!
el diablo
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by el diablo »

Spuriosity wrote:
With regards to OTC sauces, I am partial to Scorned Woman, particularly on pizza. It has plenty of heat but is not debilitating. It also has a wonderful flavor enhanced with lemon juice and lots of black pepper. Never cared for any Tabasco products, but have never tried the Family Reserve.
Tried the Scorned Woman on a brisket sub last week. It was awesome. Almost too hot for me, but had a great flavor.
Grumpy
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Grumpy »

KPcalls wrote:I bet ole grumpy has done ate a few of these..... :lol:

Just saw this today, KPcalls, you can kiss my a s s.
I was not his father but he was my son,,MAK IV, 10-15-1993 - 4-22-2007
"Rest in Peace my Little Buddy"
Turkinator
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Turkinator »

Is there a hot sauce that's officially the hottest?
KPcalls

Post by KPcalls »

Grumpy wrote:
KPcalls wrote:I bet ole grumpy has done ate a few of these..... :lol:

Just saw this today, KPcalls, you can kiss my a s s.

:laughing6: All in fun my brother....My grandpa loved growing those peppers and showing them to all the woman folk in the area he lived.... :lol:
SwampDrummin

Post by SwampDrummin »

Stinky J Picklestein wrote: A few minutes later, he went to take a leak...and FORGOT ABOUT HANDLING THE PEPPER earlier! :lol:

I used to grow hot peppers a few years ago. The last year I grew em I had a similar experience after processing a batch. I've had a pinched nerve in my back before and lemme tell ya, this was a whole different world of pain. :angryfire: :angryfire:
Cut N Run

Post by Cut N Run »

I take dried peppers & grind them up in a blender, then mix them with some sour cream & mayo, refrigerate overnight to get a spicy dip that makes party goers drink more! Always a hit at the tailgate.

Jim

Return to “Gobbler Talk”