Pa.Snow Goose Poachers.

A general discussion area for turkey hunters.
hawglips
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Re: Pa.Snow Goose Poachers.

Post by hawglips »

pedro wrote:Grain fed snow geese are delectable table fare.
I used to keep a freezer full of them back in the day. Good eating.

Snow geese are a much more noble creature than the resident Canada....

;)
ICDEDTURKES
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by ICDEDTURKES »

MKW wrote:Yes, I know it was a crime...they shot over the limit of a worthless, destructive bird...so what?? Since I don't have to pay the ticket, I don't take it too seriously. I'm certainly not going to condemn these guy as terrible sportsmen or low-life poachers. I might have done the same as them if I were there, I don't know, but I like killing stuff. :D
Exactly their a nuisance species. Giving hunters a bad name blah blah blah. More like doing the earth a service.
davisd9
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Pa.Snow Goose Poachers.

Post by davisd9 »

ICDEDTURKES wrote:
MKW wrote:Yes, I know it was a crime...they shot over the limit of a worthless, destructive bird...so what?? Since I don't have to pay the ticket, I don't take it too seriously. I'm certainly not going to condemn these guy as terrible sportsmen or low-life poachers. I might have done the same as them if I were there, I don't know, but I like killing stuff. :D
Exactly their a nuisance species. Giving hunters a bad name blah blah blah. More like doing the earth a service.
I know farmers that would say the same about turkeys and deer. I know nothing about snow geese but there seems there is an issue with them, but we cannot pick and choose which laws are ok and which should be broken. I know of some laws that I think are dumb but I still follow them cause they are the law.

Sent from the Strut Zone
MKW
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by MKW »

I know, I know...they broke the law. I'm not saying that they shouldn't pay a fine. I'm saying that 55k is ridiculous, IMO. And folks acting like these guys are the scum of the earth is a little overkill.
Ultimate Predator
ICDEDTURKES
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by ICDEDTURKES »

davisd9 wrote:
ICDEDTURKES wrote:
I know farmers that would say the same about turkeys and deer. I know nothing about snow geese but there seems there is an issue with them, but we cannot pick and choose which laws are ok and which should be broken. I know of some laws that I think are dumb but I still follow them cause they are the law.

Sent from the Strut Zone
Snows pull from the root and can ruin entire fields Canada's nibble from the top. Most any farmer that had time to shoot them would. No different than the stupid cranes we have that are protected.
davisd9
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Pa.Snow Goose Poachers.

Post by davisd9 »

MKW wrote:I know, I know...they broke the law. I'm not saying that they shouldn't pay a fine. I'm saying that 55k is ridiculous, IMO. And folks acting like these guys are the scum of the earth is a little overkill.
55k is a bit ridiculous. They are not scum. Not sure I would hunt with them but would meet them for breakfast or lunch.

Sent from the Strut Zone

Return to “Gobbler Talk”