NWTF Forum ???

A general discussion area for turkey hunters.
redarrow
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

NWTF Forum ???

Post by redarrow »

I'm thrilled to see all the new faces and old ones as well coming over from the NWTF board,but just wondering what happened over there. I know why I left,and glad I did.
Put you plans in the nail scarred hands.
HunterGKS
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Re: NWTF Forum ???

Post by HunterGKS »

Billie my lad.....Have you been hibernating for the past several days?? A new NWTF site will be fired up tomorrow & it won't include a message board. They didn't even think enough of our support to give us a heads up. A member asked if there would be a board & was told: "No message board on the new site." It's going away so we're all looking for new homes. I've been here for a couple of years but haven't posted much.

BTW, You really should try to keep up with current events. :violent1: :dontknow: :tongue: :stir: :LMAO:
George

YOU KNOW YOU HAVE TO KEEP YOUR BODY STILL. YOUR HEART JUST HASN'T CAUGHT ON.

.17 = NITRO OF THE RIMFIRE WORLD USAF 1969-1973

redarrow
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by redarrow »

Good grief dude you obviously are not aware that I am "YOUR MODERATOR" Luke Skywalker. So thread lightly weed hopper. :lol: :lol: :lol: Actually I haven't been on the NWTF site for along time. Glad to have you here. :thumbup:
Gobbler
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Gobbler »

I quit posting on the NWTF site and my other Turkey site I visit cause I didn't want people to think I was recruiting members for here on those two sites...Or in general I don't have anything productive or of value to add to most posts. But it was definitely one of those two reasons. :mrgreen:
CamoMan4025
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by CamoMan4025 »

Basically what he's saying..........If you get kicked off all other sites, then just build your own!
"God, Guts & High Explosives"
CamoMan4025
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by CamoMan4025 »

gobbler0531 wrote:Billie my lad.....Have you been hibernating for the past several days?? A new NWTF site will be fired up tomorrow & it won't include a message board. They didn't even think enough of our support to give us a heads up. A member asked if there would be a board & was told: "No message board on the new site." It's going away so we're all looking for new homes. I've been here for a couple of years but haven't posted much.

BTW, You really should try to keep up with current events. :violent1: :dontknow: :tongue: :stir: :LMAO:
I might have heard rumors of this, but don't really recall. Anyway, if I go over there now and post.....COME TO GOBBLERNATION.COM, I can't get kicked off???
"God, Guts & High Explosives"
HunterGKS
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by HunterGKS »

redarrow wrote:Good grief dude you obviously are not aware that I am "YOUR MODERATOR"
Does that make you JABBER THE HUFF?? :salute: :slap: :angel4:

I've been here for 2+ years but haven't posted much but that will change. Thx for the welcome. 8-)
George

HunterGKS
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by HunterGKS »

I don't think I'd worry about getting banned over there. They haven't moderated the site in well over a year. go4it.
George

Jaybird
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Jaybird »

This really ticks me off, even though I don't post much at NWTF any more. There is a pretty tight group over there, and a shame NWTF has decided to go that route. Hopefully, they know we sure would welcome all of them over here, even Barney :mrgreen:
ImageImageImage
HunterGKS
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by HunterGKS »

JB, I agree with everything you said except the last 2 words. :violent1:
George

Jaybird
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Jaybird »

gobbler0531 wrote:JB, I agree with everything you said except the last 2 words. :violent1:
:lol:
ImageImageImage
Stinky J Picklestein
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Stinky J Picklestein »

I'm sad they took it down. Now, how am I going remember all the lies I posted back then??? :dontknow:
SpurHntr

Post by SpurHntr »

Stinky J Picklestein wrote:I'm sad they took it down. Now, how am I going remember all the lies I posted back then??? :dontknow:
And I'm so old now I can't remember who I'm supposed to like or not like anymore!
:lol: :lol: :lol:
;)
Humpty was pushed!
paboxcall

Post by paboxcall »

I joined the NWTF forum in December '05, and that place was busy back then. Hard to believe what happened in less than ten years.
"Sit down wrong, and you're beat." Jim Spencer

Don't go this year where youtubers went last year.
hootn

Post by hootn »

paboxcall wrote:I joined the NWTF forum in December '05, and that place was busy back then. Hard to believe what happened in less than ten years.
i had been there since 2003.
oldfantail

Post by oldfantail »

I think it's a good thing. Now we can see familiar people and meet new ones. Of course some change their names George, so we have to pay attention who we are talking to. They might be trying to hide from us.
soiltester
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by soiltester »

oldfantail wrote:I think it's a good thing. Now we can see familiar people and meet new ones. Of course some change their names George, so we have to pay attention who we are talking to. They might be trying to hide from us.

Why would someone want to change their name from one site to the next :oops: :stir:
ever wonder where the white goes when the snow melts??
HunterGKS
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by HunterGKS »

soiltester wrote:
oldfantail wrote:I think it's a good thing. Now we can see familiar people and meet new ones. Of course some change their names George, so we have to pay attention who we are talking to. They might be trying to hide from us.

Why would someone want to change their name from one site to the next :oops: :stir:
Charlie, When I 1st started reading here 2+ years ago, there were 2-3 real jerks posting primarily in the political area. Most of their posts were ugly no matter where or what subject to which they posted. When I joined here, again 2+ years ago, I didn't want to use my standard name so they couldn't "track" me to other boards. Thankfully, Doug, Billie THE BAN HAMMERER, & crew got rid of them. So there you have it. I might check with Doug/Rick to see if I can get my standard name back.
George

redarrow
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by redarrow »

I had the nickname of Beagle for many years at GM. Long before I even knew what a web site was. So I naturally wanted Beagle to be my user name when I started getting on forums. Some already had a Beagle,Beagler, Beaglesrus, and so on . So I went with redarrow.Happiness is a bloody red arrow. Now after using that name since 1999 I see there is a hunting show on tv called Red Arrow hunting or something like that.The name you use on one site may already be in use on another site you wish to join so you gotta come up with something else.
Jaybird
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Jaybird »

gobbler0531 wrote:
soiltester wrote:

Charlie, When I 1st started reading here 2+ years ago, there were 2-3 real jerks posting primarily in the political area. Most of their posts were ugly no matter where or what subject to which they posted. When I joined here, again 2+ years ago, I didn't want to use my standard name so they couldn't "track" me to other boards. Thankfully, Doug, Billie THE BAN HAMMERER, & crew got rid of them. So there you have it. I might check with Doug/Rick to see if I can get my standard name back.
Thankfully, we have a political forum to fence those people in, and I avoid it like the plague. What I like about this Site is you have the option of entering forums you are comfortable with, and staying out of the ones you aren't. That way you keep everyone happy without offending posters. NWTF was very quiet and conservative with not many laughs, so people drifted away. Seldom do I leave this Site without chuckling about something. At the same time if you like sticking to Turkey talk, this place rocks with outstanding hunters. This is a fairly new Site, but has great leadership, and there should be no reason it doesn't grow into the biggest Turkey Site on the Web, if Rick and Doug stick with it.
ImageImageImage
HunterGKS
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by HunterGKS »

JB, Over the past year or so, the mod just didn't give a ratz azz. He logged on once & that was it. That emboldened 1 poster & he got back into his old habit of attacking any & every one about any & every thing. That caused a lot of people to drop off the board because they were tired of seeing the board trashed. It's one thing to have a disagreement & argue about something as long as it's done in a civil manner. There are a few guys on here that I've had "discussions" with & we get along fine because we didn't get ugly. But, when 1 user launches personal attacks, name calls, & just basically disrupts the discussion, it's time for the mod to step in & he didn't. Not the way to run a board.

It used to be fun over there with a lot of joking & ball-busting, kinda like The Ban Hammer & I do, but those days were few & fair between as of late.

And BTW, I tried to get to the calculator & the records on the new site & they don't work. Seems like they forgot what happened the last time they made "upgrades" & the board literally came crashing down. Morons.
George

Grover
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Grover »

Actually right now, I don't miss it one bit. I was off all message boards for about 7-8 months, just burnt out a bit. I went back to the NWTF board for a bit and saw that the nonsense didn't stop, the same troublemakers were still at it. Glad to be back here though, I have a lot of catching up to do with some of you folks.
"INFIDEL"
timbrhuntr
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by timbrhuntr »

OK who cares this Gobblernation drop the NWTF talk because nobody cares and oh ya just move on please !!!!!!!!!! :roll:
MKW
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by MKW »

Wow...there are lot of screen names here now that I haven't seen in a while. It's good to have y'all, but be warned...I'm still the opinionated ass that I always was. :thumbleft: :D :D :D :thumbleft:
Ultimate Predator
ICDEDTURKES
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by ICDEDTURKES »

I aint on for a week and where the hell did all these people come from :banghead:

Return to “Gobbler Talk”