TSS Long Shots

A general discussion area for turkey hunters.
hookedspur
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Re: TSS Long Shots

Post by hookedspur »

I am so tired of hear/reading that is not about the kill from hunters. It is such a load of Bull. It is all about the kill. If it wasn't then you wouldn't be hunting and spending money on all the stuff for hunting when you could go out and watch and interact with the animals while not carrying a weapon in an attempt to KILL the animal. People need to stop trying to justify hunting by saying it ain't about the kill. I am a hunter and it is about the kill. I am out there to kill and not to just watch. If I want to watch I wouldn't have spent $1000 on a gun. I would have spent the money on a camera and my tag money on a store turkey.[/quote]

Not me. There is a difference in a hunter and killer. Numbers don't mean squat to me and I deff don't hunt to please anyone else. If I wanted to kill I would just use the rifle. I like crushing heads like the next guy and if I could hunt 5+ states I would shoot everyone and go on to the next one but spring is my busy time so I can't get away that long but can hunt till midmorning every day and being on the Virginia and Tennessee line I can hunt both full season. I will tag out in Tenn after 3 weeks (if I can find the birds) but not the first two tho. I can hunt there on Sunday and in the evenings but not here so it gives me an extra day a week to hunt. It's also closer than my Virginia spots.

It's not like letting a 170" deer walk that you may never see again or only a few times in a life time. A 2 or 3 year old bird is a dime a dozen. Granted you can't tell the age till he's in your hand but that doesn't bother me. No difference in guys who let Jake's walk imo. It's not always about the kill and if people want to throw the bull shat flag that's fine. My friends, families, and co workers know me and how eat up I am with a stupid bird and they don't understand either lol[/quo

Return to “Gobbler Talk”