Global warming

A general discussion area for turkey hunters.
Johndoe
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Global warming

Post by Johndoe »

Okay I am starting to believe. This is the second cold front of July temperatures in the low to mid 60s in the morning beautiful high clear blue skies high of 91 in the afternoon has to be global warming could not be anything else. Or could it?
Who else is enjoying this wonderful weather?

There are no numbers on any of my clocks below 8. Then all of a sudden, 2 days before turkey season they appear. Then right after the season they disappear.
What's up with that
ole5beards

Re: Global warming

Post by ole5beards »

I walked outside at 6:30 this morning and it was pleasant!! Mid to high 50's here! Never been a global warmist, just different weather patterns.
Pass the biscuits!!
Waddle Whacker
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Waddle Whacker »

I don't know what it is, but it felt pretty good. I almost wanted to go climb up a tree.
Feel, don't think. Trust your instincts.
Gobbler
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Gobbler »

All that means down here is 2.5 more months of 90 degree. :lol: It did feel nice this morn. But got back to Hot quick.
ICDEDTURKES
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by ICDEDTURKES »

This summer has sucked we rarely have sniffed 80 degrees, most of our nights have been in the 40s and even low 40s alot of nights.. They had on the news last night our corn may never mature do to low heat units..

Our lakes are still cold as hell.
Jaybird
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Jaybird »

ICDEDTURKES wrote:This summer has sucked we rarely have sniffed 80 degrees, most of our nights have been in the 40s and even low 40s alot of nights.. They had on the news last night our corn may never mature do to low heat units..

Similar here, but bit warmer. I am thinking another bad Winter is in our future this year. Feels like Fall already, and this is our hottest time of the year normally. I have ran the air twice so far, which is good for the utility bill.
ImageImageImage
turkey_slayer

Post by turkey_slayer »

ICDEDTURKES wrote:This summer has sucked we rarely have sniffed 80 degrees, most of our nights have been in the 40s and even low 40s alot of nights.. They had on the news last night our corn may never mature do to low heat units..

That's my kind of weather :D
ICDEDTURKES
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by ICDEDTURKES »

turkey_slayer wrote:

That's my kind of weather :D
When ya sit ass deep to a giraffe in snow for 5 months you appreciate the warm weather..

They are still warning you about swimming in the great lakes advising you how long till possible hypothermia :banghead:
Grumpy
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Grumpy »

Been going into the mid to high 50's every night this summer but been going back up into the 90's every day for the last couple of weeks. Early mornings does have a hint of fall to them already but I'm sure we will still be roasting during the days all or most of August, we always do.
I was not his father but he was my son,,MAK IV, 10-15-1993 - 4-22-2007
"Rest in Peace my Little Buddy"
Johndoe
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Johndoe »

Just for the record. I don't buy global warming either. But if I stirred the pot I'm happy.

Tom it sounds to me like you just need to pack Sal and the car up and move south say Kentucky or Tennessee you get the best of both worlds.

There are no numbers on any of my clocks below 8. Then all of a sudden, 2 days before turkey season they appear. Then right after the season they disappear.
What's up with that
Grumpy
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Grumpy »

102 here at 4:30pm. I put the window AC in the bedroom today, going to sleep good tonight.

Good thing here is we have very low humidity so it doesn't give ya the double whammy like some places do.
slickyboyboo
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by slickyboyboo »

Matched a 107 yr old record low in Jackson, MS on Tues Night, got down to 61. I had to pull the bow out and start slinging arrows yesterday evening, I almost went into tree climbing mode!
Raising my carbon footprint, one bag of charcoal at a time!
Grumpy
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Grumpy »

I am looking forward to trapping coyotes this year already, cool mornings kind of puts me in the mood. 2 1/2 month to wait in all reality until prime enough to be worth good money.
ole5beards

Post by ole5beards »

It's not the hear that'll get you, it's the humidity!! Another nice day in my area! Last week was bad, clothes sticking to you as soon as you walk out the door, that ain't no fun!
Pass the biscuits!!

Return to “Gobbler Talk”