Jebs Turkey vs Waterfowl Chokes?

Talk about 20 28 gauge & .410 bore shotguns here.
Antleraddict82

Jebs Turkey vs Waterfowl Chokes?

Post by Antleraddict82 »

Can anyone tell me if there’s any difference in these 2 lines of chokes other than Constrictions? Thinking of running the jebs .575 black nitride which is considered the High Voltage Waterfowl chokes but I think it be the perfect constriction shooting 1 5/8 - 1 3/4 oz loads! I highly doubt there is a difference but there’s always someone out there with more knowledge so looking to pick someone’s brain?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Spuriosity
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Re: Jebs Turkey vs Waterfowl Chokes?

Post by Spuriosity »

William at Sumtoy is the man to ask, but yes, I believe there is a difference in the internals - perhaps length of parallel section and or difference in wad stoppers. I tried a ST .665 and .680 turkey pattern in my Beretta and patterns were ok, but when William sent me a .675 waterfowl choke, patterns really came around. I'm averaging 347/10 with 1&5/8 oz handloads of 9s.

Disregard all the above. I could have sworn I saw something in the OP about Sumtoy. Guess I was hallucinating - sleep deprived perhaps?
Last edited by Spuriosity on April 17th, 2020, 7:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
2nd100

Post by 2nd100 »

Just talked to Cody at Jebs he said nothing different other than constriction . Their chokes use constriction not steps or was stoppers .
10th Legion legionare !
Jstocks

Post by Jstocks »

I’m using a Carlson’s waterfowl choke in a Benelli. Constriction is .587
Antleraddict82

Post by Antleraddict82 »

2nd100 wrote:Just talked to Cody at Jebs he said nothing different other than constriction . Their chokes use constriction not steps or was stoppers .
Same here I called and talked to him directly he said the same thing thanks buddy!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Gmed

Post by Gmed »

Did you try the Jebs .575 and what gun? What patterns did you get? Was thinking about trying one with the Federal TSS #9s out of an Affinity with 26” barrel....I tried the .570 and it was a little tight. Wondered if the .575 was worth a try.

Note: Bit the bullet and tried a .575 nitride Jebs. It and the Sumtoy .562 gave the best overall patterns. I think I’ll stick with the Jebs for now....the Sumtoy was 299 in the 10” and the Jebs went 284. Both were even and open enough for a 20 yard shot...

Return to “Small Bore”