.410 Sumtoy threads

Talk about 20 28 gauge & .410 bore shotguns here.
puppy

.410 Sumtoy threads

Post by puppy »

I had William thread a my daughters .410 about 1.5 years ago and I know it is some type of hybrid thread but is anyone else making chokes for a .410 using it? I am not completely satisfied with what I am getting on my daughters gun and would like to experiment a little with a couple different chokes. I have even thought about having it cut and re-threaded for Invector threads but that would be the last and most expensive option.
Thanks in advance!
batsonbe

Re: .410 Sumtoy threads

Post by batsonbe »

Compnchoke makes a .385 only for Williams threads. Other then that no one does.
You might get lucky and send your choke in for a manufacture to do custom work to make you their brand choke with his threads.
Casey Napier

Post by Casey Napier »

I also had Sumtoy thread my Mossberg 500 with what I was told is a modified Winchester thread system??? I also was not satisfied with the Sumtoy choke so I started searching and found that the only other choke manufacturing company that threads a choke for these threads is Comp N Choke. I purchased one and it did consistently produce better patterns than the choke from Sumtoy, but still not great. I sent Kicks Chokes an email a while back asking if they were going to offer chokes threaded for the Sumtoy pattern and they said that they were planning on it but at the time I emailed them, about a month ago, they did not have any in stock. I messaged Sumtoy about not being satisfied with patterns out of the choke he sent me and he was supposed to send me a different choke to try, that was several weeks ago and have not got anything yet.

If anybody else knows more options please share.

You might try Kicks and see if they have any available yet or try the Comp n Choke but in the long run you may be better off having it re threaded.

Casey
uplandridge

Post by uplandridge »

I got myself in the same problem with the .410 Sumtoy "modified threads". I found a new 410 Invector Plus reamer and tap set and rebored my 870 barrel so I can use anyone's Invector Plus choke system. (Indian Creek .385) The Invector Plus reamer is slighly larger (OD) and longer, so it cleans the "modified threads" out.

I have killed 2 birds with it this year already. 165 in 10 @ 40 with Apex Ninja

I will rent this reamer set if anyone is interested.
Casey Napier

Post by Casey Napier »

I like that idea uplandridge. Is that something I could do at home or would require a lathe?

Thanks
Casey
youngoutdoors

Post by youngoutdoors »

Are you wanting a tighter choke or more open choke to experiment with. Anyone with a lathe shoud be able to open the choke a few thousands at a time but makeing one tighter is a different ball game. Where are you in east Tn? Im in NW NC.

God Bless, Louis
barryj

Post by barryj »

How much would you rent out the reamer and tap for?
uplandridge

Post by uplandridge »

barryj and Casey Napier.........PM sent

Return to “Small Bore”