Stevens 301 Turkey Gun Rail ?

Talk about 20 28 gauge & .410 bore shotguns here.
campcreekfarm

Stevens 301 Turkey Gun Rail ?

Post by campcreekfarm »

Is the rail that comes on the Stevens 410 turkey gun a picatinny rail or Weaver ? Thanks
HiIlbillyfab

Re: Stevens 301 Turkey Gun Rail ?

Post by HiIlbillyfab »

It's a picatinny.

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk

campcreekfarm

Post by campcreekfarm »

Well I thought it was picatinny also until today. I found out the hard way that it is not. Neither Vortex Venom or Nikon Spur will fit in the slots on the rail. Hopefully I can find a picatinny rail to fit or I might be doing some filing, ha.
HiIlbillyfab

Post by HiIlbillyfab »

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought Weaver's measure around .18 in between the grooves and picatinny's .2? The rail on my 301 measure just a little over .2. I've only tried the Bushnell TRS25 on mine so far.Image
BeardBuster

Post by BeardBuster »

Vortex venom fit just fine on mine

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Jhawk

Post by Jhawk »

My Nikon spur wouldn't fit the rail on the 301 either I just took a dremek tool to the bottom of the spur on the little piece that sits in the slot, working fine so far.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

campcreekfarm

Post by campcreekfarm »

Yes, sir. I had to take a file to mine and file it so it fit. I filed the rail itself. Now I just need to find a lower profile rail that doesnt sit up as high cause my Nikon spur is bottomed out and my pattern still isnt high enough. But I can work with it as long as I aim for the eyeball, ha.

Does anyone know of another rail that is picatinny will fit this gun ? Thanks
Hayudog

Post by Hayudog »

I can see I'm having the same problem. The rail supplied with the 310T is too high for my Venom.
I'd like a contoured mount if possible, but right now I'd settle just to get it closer to the barrel.
southpaw

Post by southpaw »

How do they shoot with the bead?
kythunter

Post by kythunter »

I have a AT3 RD50 red dot on my 301and it fits fine no adjustments needed and POI is spot on. Factory bead POI is low at 40.
Shooting TSS hand loads.
crenshawco

Post by crenshawco »

Mine was also low with the bead. I mounted a Nikon Spur on my rail and it went on no problem at all. I had a buddy mount a Spur on his, and he had to file his a little to make it work.
Gatorjaw

Post by Gatorjaw »

I mounted a cheap red dot and after a few shots the base became loose. I tried to tighten the base back down but the screws were bottomed out. I wound up bedding the base to get a fraction more room between the base and barrel and that worked perfectly. The screws tightened back down and the base has not moved since and that's after dragging it thru the woods for over a month turkey hunting. It's been dropped, beat up against tree limbs and brush walking 20+ miles in Hurricane Michael aftermath which has destroyed our turkey woods.
Take a kid hunting and you won't be hunting your kid.
Stumpy225

Post by Stumpy225 »

Bushnell TRS25 fit perfectly on mine.
Hayudog

Post by Hayudog »

Sent my Vortex Venom back to Vortex. The dot wouldn't adjust enough to get on target. Had an old cheap one that bolted right on. But, as you can see, it's way too high. So, added a cheek riser to adjust and at least everything is in line. Not a low profile rig like I'd hoped for. But it puts the shot on the spot.
Attachments
IMG_2145.JPG
IMG_2135.JPG

Return to “Small Bore”